Why is the event toolbox a commodious toolbox?

Im a bit late i know, but i never bother to read item descriptions. I thought the toolbox was a yellow one like the flashlights and the medkits, but it isnt. Its a green toolbox and in my opinion the strongest toolbox for repairing.

Is that the reason why i get the firecracker more often as the festive toolbox or am i just having bad luck?

Comments

  • It's completely RNG. I've only seen like 2 toolboxes and 3 firecrackers in almost 10 bloodwebs. Extremely low appearance rate for me.

  • @Kebek said:

    It's completely RNG. I've only seen like 2 toolboxes and 3 firecrackers in almost 10 bloodwebs. Extremely low appearance rate for me.

    I went through about 60 webs before I found my first toolbox or firecracker :D

    The event items in general have an incredibly low spawn rate, OP, with Red Envelopes seemingly having a much higher priority.

  • See, this is why i'm not gonna use 'em.

    I'm gonna gather 'em all up and they shall be my trophies.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955664#Comment_1955664

    I went through about 60 webs before I found my first toolbox or firecracker :D

    The event items in general have an incredibly low spawn rate, OP, with Red Envelopes seemingly having a much higher priority.

    Thank you, I longer feel extremely unlucky and began praying to entity so that she doesn't take away my good fortune.

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955701#Comment_1955701

    Thank you, I longer feel extremely unlucky and began praying to entity so that she doesn't take away my good fortune.

    honestly it hurt me soul so much it lost it's charm after bloodweb #20

  • Talking about the toolboxes, anyone else don't find them much in chests ingame? Also firecrackers are ultra rare for me, even with plunderers on.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    See, this is why i'm not gonna use 'em.

    I'm gonna gather 'em all up and they shall be my trophies.

    A man after my own heart.

    Got at least one of each on every survivor! :D

  • because that's the kind of toolbox that has most charges, and since this one has FX for skillchecks, the more charges=the more chances to get skillchecks

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    See, this is why i'm not gonna use 'em.

    I'm gonna gather 'em all up and they shall be my trophies.

    Same here. I've got more Firecrackers and weirdly enough, Third Year firecracker things that keep appearing than I do any toolboxes. It'd be nice to get a toolbox once in a while, but I now just go full loot goblin and White Hand and loot them from corpses in matches.

  • In case you were curious, I saved Elodie to level up for the event. She went from P2-50 to P3-50 with all perks and ended up with 42 firecrackers, 25 toolboxes, 2 third year party starters, and roughly 90 red envelopes (which were the only event items I used while leveling up). I didn't go out of my way to get them but I did make detours to choose different perks if a toolbox was in the path-- especially when I realized toolboxes were harder to come by.