Are permanent bans worth disputing?

I reported a bug/error on January 24, 2021, and was banned on January 29, 2021. I created a ban appeal, which did not help. I also asked some people, giving them a vague idea of what had happened and they did not know how I should continue. My question is, should I even try to dispute it? I do not see what I can do, and I feel the ban is completely unfair. The ban on my steam profile is completely misleading as people constantly asked me why I cheated when I did not. It is also misleading in the wording on the in-game screen, "Abusing bugs or errors in design to gain a competitive advantage" as I never abused the bug/error, and even if I did it was not the type of bug/error that gave anyone an advantage or disadvantage. I do not want to further message support as I am afraid they will just say I am abusing support services and keep me banned for that reason. I spent the last 2 weeks or so looking for any way to dispute it but I can not find one. Should I give up or try to dispute it? If I should dispute it, how do I do so? Thanks!☺️

ingame screen.png account.JPG


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • They will close this.

    If you didn't abuse the bug, you should still NEVER send footage of yourself demonstrating the bug because bhvr does this...

    Leave it to streamers to show it or report it on an alias like here.

  • @Zozzy said:

    They will close this.

    If you didn't abuse the bug, you should still NEVER send footage of yourself demonstrating the bug because bhvr does this...

    Leave it to streamers to show it or report it on an alias like here.

    I didn't send footage of it, I just reported it.

  • What was the bug if you don't mind me asking? You can't get banned here for talking about a bug as long as you're not encouraging others to do it or posting a tutorial on how to recreate it, so you should be safe to at least give us that much information to go off of

  • Even if this post goes against the forum rules i think mods should keep it.

    You just reported a bug, got punished for it, created a ban appeal, which is the way they tell you to deal with this kind of situations, and yet you are in the exact same situation? Someone has to do something.

    Sometimes i wonder why do they bother on hiring people just to act like if they were some kind of AI instead.

  • @The_Krapper said:

    What was the bug if you don't mind me asking? You can't get banned here for talking about a bug as long as you're not encouraging others to do it or posting a tutorial on how to recreate it, so you should be safe to at least give us that much information to go off of

    I'm scared to do or say anything about it, I was scared to even make this post. I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize my chances of getting it removed. If a mod says I can say what happened then I will.

  • @RiseAurora said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1952214#Comment_1952214

    I'm scared to do or say anything about it, I was scared to even make this post. I don't want to do anything that might jeopardize my chances of getting it removed. If a mod says I can say what happened then I will.

    Considering they have a whole bug report section it's safe to say you won't be banned and it will be moved to that section after you mention it but it is against the rules to talk about Bans so I would steer away from that and talk about the bug in question so we know if that has anything to do with it , they can't get you unbanned here only support can do that but it's worth trying to find out why here without discussing the ban if that makes sense

  • So you tried to help them out by reporting a bug and they reward you by banning you from the game?

  • We don't discuss bans on the forum, which is why I'm closing this. Also will advise that the only people that can help you with a ban appeal are Support, so this is between you and them, they have the full information on what occurred, which we do not have here.