THE SPIRIT IS BROKEN
I mostly play with randoms and I'm tired of facing the spirit. I got nothing against the killer but she's way to good for the little bit of required skill to use her. Its impossible to do gens or unhook other survivors without her immediately downing the survivor again. And nearly every game she's the killer! She literally takes the game hostage it's so irritating. Looping against her is useless since she keeps teleporting and since I am a purple rank the killer usually knows how to counter jukes and 360s. So if she keeps teleporting from the gens to the hook and tunnelling survivors there's not a lot u can do to beat her. She's like an easy to use nurse but not that good. It's just easy for anyone to use her and win. She needs some kind of nerf in my opinion. She's the only low skill required killer that gives me a hard time beating her. If you don't want to nerf her maybe bring old pallets back to the game??
Comments
Honestly, she doesn't seem op to me. She's truly a mind-game killer who even seems a little underpowered in my opinion. If you notice her husking, you should just crouch away. Otherwise, I've found that normal mind-games and pallet loops still work against her.
The best advice i usually hear to figure out how to verse a character is to play that character.
Try her out, learn how she works and plays.
She is harder than Nurse tho.
G I T
U
D
classy stuff in here.
I don't really play killer that often but ever since she got live I played way more. I just love her gameplay. She is definitely not broken. She's EXTREMELY hard to play and has a huge drawback on the ability. Once survivors will get more used to her I'm sure she'll be even weaker.
Disagree. The Phase Walk cooldown reduction is a nice, necessary buff, but I hiiiighly doubt that what was enough to place her above Huntress/Hag/Doctor.
She has the potential to be up there, but she has a lot of difficulties reliably using her power for hits. I would say she's like weaker Pig, but there's no RNG involved for controlling the map/managing time. Another comparison is that she's a harder, more balanced version of Hillbilly.
Lol, I was wondering when I would see a Spirit is OP thread! Congratulations. You are the first person who plays DBD that thinks the Spirit if overpowered. Way to go trendsetter!
You won't do the same thing to her, as you did to Freddy. Get lost, survboi.
When any killer is new they are branded OP because normal tactics don't always work, these posts are best ignored.
if by "broken" you mean "absolute garbage" then yes
Spirit is one of the hardest killer, in my opinion even harder than nurse.
And she is terrible against a competent SWF, she stands no chance against that. Survivors always claim that its the opposite but when I request spirit gameplay vs competent SWF, I never get an answer
I recommend playing her yourself to understand her weakness and then you can use those to play against her
I mean, I get that the forums are boring. But this is too much bulli. If you're having trouble with the spirit, I hear a really good counter to her is running around and making as much noise as you can to confuse her!
No really, it works!
:^)
The DBD community seems to suffer from the mental disorder known as spiritophrenia. That is, when someone is absolutely certain that the Spirit is OP, but at the same time he's also on the opinion that she is garbage.
Make up your minds, oh ye forum whiners.
At the very least survivors should have a tell when Spirit enters phase while in her TR, maybe like a broken glass sound or something?
Even then she’ll still be one of the best killers, with trained ears & Stridor it won’t matter if you can tell if spirit is phasing, unless you are next to a long wall with a window or long loop with pallet down you are screwed.
If you think she’s easy to use please post your journey from Rank 20 to Rank 1 as killer using only Spirit. I suspect it’ll teach you a few things.