The new Game map has 25 pallets, yes you did not read that wrong.

I honestly would like to know who approved of giving the Game map 25 pallets, and at least half of the pallets on this map are god pallets. I took some screenshots of certain things I want to point out.

Image #1

PicsArt_02-13-08.12.49.jpg

This was the shortest loop I've seen on this map ever since the update, obviously you can get anyone at this loop.

Image #2

PicsArt_02-13-08.13.23.jpg

Everyone's familiar with this pallet, once it's down there's nothing you can do except break the pallet. But you want to know what makes this even worse?

Image #3

PicsArt_02-13-08.14.20.jpg

A god pallet can spawn right where I'm standing, which can make this loop even stronger. I didn't get the RNG of this happening, not yet at least.. But seriously two god pallets on the exact same loop!? How is this even remotely fair!?

Image #4

PicsArt_02-13-08.15.01.jpg

Everyone's familiar with this loop, pretty much was unmindgameable back on the older variation of the Game map. But with the new one this loop is shorter, and you have a good chance to actually get someone here now which is nice.

Image #5

PicsArt_02-13-08.15.35.jpg

These new god pallets that they added to the new Game map are the biggest ######### decisions did someone make when they came up with this? What's even worse is that you can potentially get maybe two or three of these depending on RNG. How are you suppose to get someone at this pallet if you're playing someone like Myers or Pig? Answer you don't, after you break it you'll just end up at another pallet.

Image #6

PicsArt_02-13-08.16.07.jpg

Lastly the picture of what you saw from image 5, lead to the ever so familiar god pallets of the up and downstairs at this loop. Once again I must ask, how is then even fair?


You can see why people are calling this map pallet town now right? This sorta reminds me of old Blood Lodge, but it's even worse than that. Devs seriously I must ask what sort of thought process was going through the head when giving this map a lot of god pallets into one another? This doesn't make for fair and balanced gameplay, what people have seen basically shows you another reason why this game can't ever be pushed towards a competitive scene.

Comments

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1943346#Comment_1943346

    I have noticed those doors are not like other maps breakables, the breakable doors at The Game isolate hooks instead of making infinite loops, I have had Survivors wiggle because the only close hooks were behind breakable doors.

    If this is intentional my guess is they want Killers to strategize if either they want easier to access hooks or dead ends.

    Not really noticed this much, but if that were the case I would start slugging Survivors in the dead ends.

  • The art team redid the map, so I think they placed the pallets as well.

  • It was a rank 1 Legion that I think was only pretending to be afk to challenge himself. We were all red rankers. It wasn’t a 3 gen situation, but it was close. I gen in 2 corners on one side of the top floor and another closer to the other side on the bottom floor. He was able to get everywhere with high speed and of course with it being Legion it was almost impossible to hide from him. It wasn’t that we were bad it was that he was a very good killer and the map is too damn small.

  • Sounds as though they actually made it more fair. This map was EXTREMELY killer sided before, so if they've added some more pallets or adjusted and reduced the deadzones then that is a first. Killers often used it as an offering it was so killer sided. Some rooms did not have a single pallet!

  • @Kaiju said:

    Once the pallets are gone, there's nothing to work with, so I get with they put so many pallets since vaults are non-existant

    Exactly, and if you arent playing with a swf tht knows what theyre doing you get dead zones really fast and the top floor the center gen area is basically a dead zone. I mean there are situations where u have to throw the pallet like when going against leatherface so thts understandable. All killer has to do is make sure to pick the "3 gens" and make sure to get those pallets in those areas get broken as fast and as early as they can and then its dead zoned with a high chance of getting a hit. As a confident survivor I hate the idea of throwing pallets as a way to get away from killer, hell it takes me a while to get my throw the pallets challenges done. They shld just add more windows. I actually didnt mind the previous game map just the only thing tht made it unfun for me was the fact tht it was too dark the lighting they have now is great.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Sounds as though they actually made it more fair. This map was EXTREMELY killer sided before, so if they've added some more pallets or adjusted and reduced the deadzones then that is a first. Killers often used it as an offering it was so killer sided. Some rooms did not have a single pallet!

    There is a big leap between what it was at and 30 pallets. Dead zones surfacing doesn't matter when the number of pallets is high enough that you can just throw them till the gens are done.

  • DbD is over four years old and the devs still have not learned proper map design. This is one of the biggest reasons I am so critical of them.

1 2 ›