An idea I have for a Spirit rework

Firstly, let's buff Spirit's default speed to 115%. Give her a mode that she can switch into, similar to the old Doctor, meaning she can switch while moving (unless she is already phasing). Switching in this mode causes her to glow a bit or something similar for survivors to notice. This mode reduces her speed down to 110%, and allows her to phase (read the second paragraph) and makes her passive phase by default (not sure about the passive phase part, maybe keep it for her normal mode?). Survivors can see when she is in this mode to avoid them from abusing fake phases. She can switch out of this mode or back to it anytime unless she is currently in cooldown or is phasing.

When Spirit stands still for 2 seconds, she goes into phase mode. 0.75 seconds into standing still causes her to be unable to move until she is phasing, but she will still be able to move her camera. Phasing works normally like before, except the phasing sounds can be heard more often. She can cancel the phase while phasing by using the secondary power action. After a phase, she goes back to her normal mode, and she is given a cooldown before she can go to the other mode.

Opinions?

Comments

  • So, basically the only way to start a phase is to stand still in phasing mode. That would definitely remove the stand still “mind game.” This change sounds pretty good. Although, it’s proven the devs are too incompetent and this idea might be too complicated for them to handle. We can only hope though.

  • Pretty neat idea, good job man

  • Definitely one of the better Spirit reworks I've seen.

  • Thanks lads, I didn't think people would like my idea so I was hesitant on posting this

    @GannTM said:

    So, basically the only way to start a phase is to stand still in phasing mode. That would definitely remove the stand still “mind game.” This change sounds pretty good. Although, it’s proven the devs are too incompetent and this idea might be too complicated for them to handle. We can only hope though.

    That is unfortunately true, I do hope the devs see this though :P

  • @glitchboi said:

    Thanks lads, I didn't think people would like my idea so I was hesitant on posting this

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1941070#Comment_1941070

    That is unfortunately true, I do hope the devs see this though :P

    Your idea was way better than other people’s for sure. I’ve see many people just asking for Spirit to get nerfed without anything in return. At least you have asked for a buff to compensate, which is her being 115.

    Being a Spirit main, she can definitely use this. I love her to death and she’s a lot of fun to play but standing still getting free hits is the only thing I don’t find fun about her. If that was removed from her kit, she’d be perfect in my eyes.