So you can't earn event cosmetics through playtime anymore?

I'm looking at the shop and all of them are bought with cells except Wraith's. Why Behaviour? One of the fun parts of this event was doing the objective to get the outfit. This doesn't feel like an event anymore, just an update to the store with some minor re-texture. I'm really disappointed. Guess I won't be doing this event

Comments

  • I don't think BHVR knows what an event is anymore.

  • @Bjario said:

    I don't think BHVR knows what an event is anymore.

    So true. The old events with the lanterns or the generators/hooks were great. It added a fun element and let you get an event outfit at the same time. This is boring. I blame the rift/tome. If they weren't so worried about putting everything behind that we could have had an actual event

  • They said they were moving away from doing other events then Hallowed Blight and Anniversaries. What they're doing right now is a 'celebration' I think.

    So they'll put effort into making Halloween and Anniversaries more special, but these other former events won't be that big.

  • People on the other side complained about not having event items because of reasons.

    What you are seeing is a compromise. Earn them for free during an event or pay for them later.

  • @CakeDuty said:

    They said they were moving away from doing other events then Hallowed Blight and Anniversaries. What they're doing right now is a 'celebration' I think.

    So they'll put effort into making Halloween and Anniversaries more special, but these other former events won't be that big.

    That's pretty stupid to me. Doesn't take that much effort to give us some sort of item to gain for every special gen done or special hook obtained and then make the outfit buyable with that item. That is kind of the whole point of these things. You work towards a secondary objective for an outfit. This just seems pointless

  • @Mr_K said:

    People on the other side complained about not having event items because of reasons.

    What you are seeing is a compromise. Earn them for free during an event or pay for them later.

    You missed my point. You can't earn them for free during this event.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1937925#Comment_1937925

    You missed my point. You can't earn them for free during this event.

    Yeah, no free skins this year. Just items and quick put it in before someone else does codes.

  • I miss when events actually felt special.

  • @ClownIsUnderrated said:

    I miss when events actually felt special.

    Same

  • BHVR just isn't the same anymore. Shame.

  • I'm kinda ok with that but please stop with this promo code bs.

  • @DebunkedMonsters said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1937898#Comment_1937898

    Yeah, I think honestly, the rift is to blame for a lot of problems in the game:

    • Everything gets tied to it
    • All lore stems from there, which eliminates the casual commentary by Benedict Baker
    • DBD's identity has lost itself

    It was a simpler time before the rift and I think that threw the whole game off balance. Honestly I don't really use it because it doesn't matter that much. Especially considering skins are all that matter to me and they released Tome I's for free to the store anyways.

    I like the bloodpoints I get from it but I don't like how they use it for everything. Like it's okay to not have everything tied to it. I agree the game hasn't really felt the same since

  • @White_Owl said:

    I'm kinda ok with that but please stop with this promo code bs.

    I'm not. But I also have played a lot of the old events. Where you could get at least one outfit for free if you tried and worked for it. This just feels like a let down. I agree the promo code stuff is stupid though