What are Red Glyphs?

I see them in the new challenge. Is it a universal challenge for survivor AND killer? How do they work?

Comments

  • So I can do this as a killer?

  • Couldn't find anything as killer so im assuming this is a survivor one.

  • @ASurvkillivorer said:

    So I can do this as a killer?

    You can do it as both killer and survivor

  • I had no clue what I was looking for but I Ran all over the new Game map as Doctor and couldn't find anything

  • It would help if there was some noise indicator. these things are quite hard to find.

    The ones i found were all in loops though so you probably don't need to look around every nook and cranny

  • They're pretty difficult to find, they're small, floating, red cracks in the air. They only appear when you get close enough to them and I think they make noise when they appear. Luckily the interaction only takes a couple of seconds to complete.

  • Okay I finally found one.


    There IS a noise indicator is the only reason I found one. Its faint though.

    Can they spawn ANYWHERE? Or just base level? If someone interacts with one does it vanish for good? How TF does this all work lol.

  • Both ones I found now have been really late match. I'm wondering if they don't spawn unless its late.

  • This

    20210210232451_1.jpg

    is a red glyph after you "communicated" with it (idk why it looks so pixel-ish). It spawns in the map short after the match started. it looks like this shape (thank you Path of Exile)

    EnterTheBreach4.jpg


    only without the hand, smaller and in bright red and makes odd sounds. Remember those 4th year crowns? It works similar.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Floating icon in the Trial. Walk into it.

    A precursor to potential things to come.

    (Not sure if universal, doesn't look to be marked one way or the other)

    It actually seems like such a cool concept for something in-game that doesn't have to be challenge-exclusive.

  • Anyone know if more then one will spawn? I found one early in a match but couldn't find any after that.

  • @indieeden7 said:

    They're pretty difficult to find, they're small, floating, red cracks in the air. They only appear when you get close enough to them and I think they make noise when they appear. Luckily the interaction only takes a couple of seconds to complete.

    Yes. It's a weird blood sploosh noise. I had to hear it a few times before I clued in that it was probably the glyph I couldn't find.

  • I ran into one as killer and only found it because of the noise it gave off and couldn't see, then I looked up and it was floating out of reach in midair on the hag map. Neither me nor the survivors could interact with it.