Even on PS5, new Gideon is having frame dips.

On PS5!

ON PS5!!!

I feel sorry for anyone on this map on PS4 or XBONE.

Comments

  • I haven't noticed any on PS5. I might not be looking very hard for them though, they could be there.

  • No frame dips on my PC. 100fps solid. Same as old Gideon.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    On PS5!

    ON PS5!!!

    I feel sorry for anyone on this map on PS4 or XBONE.

    Remember the settings are different between platforms they may wind being optimized on the old ones but if so it should be patched once they test it out. If I like the patch or queue time enough to redownload on my ps5 I'll check that map out later but I've gotten really into Nioh 2 remastered which I hadn't played either of till this remaster collection. Man it's the best souls outside of souls, so far better than most of vanilla ds2 easy

  • Where and how specifically? I play on PS5 and haven't experienced any frame dips as killer or survivor. Even playing the PS4 version on my PS5 I haven't noticed anything (My GF plays the PS4 version to keep her trophies consistent, I play the PS5 version)

  • Im on ps4 pro and I hardly notice any frame drops in this game anymore. Compared to summer 2018 when I started playing when drops and lag were kinda common.


    I am happy.

  • It happens on the Series X as well

    It's not nearly as bad as it used to be where you physically had trouble playing the game because it dropped so badly but there is a noticeable chop to the background and camera when you hook someone. Again, it's not awful as it's 100% playable in that state, it just looks and feels....off for lack of a better word.

  • PC Master Race, what can I say. 3 gen-old mid-range tech on PC runs New Gideon at 100+fps.

  • @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    PC Master Race, what can I say. 3 gen-old mid-range tech on PC runs New Gideon at 100+fps.

    We are all happy for your great FPS <3

  • It’s true though, I have an xbone and a PC and it’s honestly painful to play DBD on the xbone; which is a shame because I have the OG charms on the xbone.

    I just can’t take the choppy frames and moving like I’m underwater when I’m carrying someone to hook. I know I’d probably get dumpstered now that cross play is on if I ever tried to get to high rank on xbone again.

  • @SilentPill said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1955503#Comment_1955503

    It’s true though, I have an xbone and a PC and it’s honestly painful to play DBD on the xbone; which is a shame because I have the OG charms on the xbone.

    I just can’t take the choppy frames and moving like I’m underwater when I’m carrying someone to hook. I know I’d probably get dumpstered now that cross play is on if I ever tried to get to high rank on xbone again.

    I know,it's just annoying that every other game runs just fine on my PS4 but DbD is the only game that is an absolute sh*tshow performance wise