Next chapter will be a big one for Behavior
There's a lot of things that'll be happening with the next chapter.
Obviously a new killer and survivor after the disaster know as A Binding of Kin the devs will need to release good perks, killer with a more exciting playstyle, and make sure this isn't bug simulator. To at least get some trust back.
More Reworks at the current moment it's still likely you'll get an older map but next update will end this. The realms left are Coldwind Farm, Haddonfield, Backwater Swamp, Red Forest, and Hawkins. They're atrocious Coldwind Corn, Haddonfield everything, Swamps ugly, Red Forest a marathon for most killers, and Hawkins unsafe pallets galore. I hope for Coldwind and Haddonfield, but they could go small again and do say Hawkins and Swamp.
Perk Changes obviously Decisive Strike will be the big one. But the big problem is that most perks aren't good. If they can add a little more perk changes that can create good combos like DWM and Q&Q. Not combos that won't do much like say WGLF and Buckle Up. Or perks that can stand on it's own hurrah. And this chapter should hopefully make some decent perks.
Killer changes obviously they need to create another Blight a killer who can compete but still have fair counter play. They'll increase Blights FOV making playing him much better could see more Blights. Not sure if Freddy's nerf comes that chapter but if it does Hallelujah. He has too much and the simplest killer to learn in the game.
Survivor wise nothing game breaking yeah DS nerf but they could make another fun or good survivor perk like Deception.
I just feel like this will be a big chapter for the game can be remarkable or a disaster.
Comments
The next chapter will certainly be important. After A Binding of Kin leaving the most forgettable Killer since Plague, and the Halloween Event being a mess, it needs to be good. Will the game die if it has another less than stellar chapter? No, probably not, but I expect it'll take a hit and lose some long time players. New players will keep coming, especially if the next chapter is licensed.
As for everything you listed, in terms of maps, I'm pretty sure they mentioned somewhere that Hawkins wasn't going to get looked at. I can't remember where, though. It's still a somewhat new map, all things considered. I'f I'm wrong, (or if I'm right) I'd appreciate anybody pointing that out.
The DS and OoO changes are WIP, and might be changed again but the time the Chapter comes out. We don't know.
The Killer is also a complete mystery. If it's original, we'll probably get a teaser somewhat soon, and if it's licensed we'll have to wait a little bit. But, something to note, is they often release Licensed Killers with the anniversary update, which is the chapter cycle after this next one.
As for addressing even more perks... I don't know how many of them will be changed in worthwhile ways, but they seem to save changing all the perks for Mid-Chapters.
I doubt Hawkins is planned for a rework. Graphically it looks pretty good and my theory is that, once they've reworked the last maps, they're going to disable bloodlust, which will help with the whole "unsafe pallet" situation on Hawkins
Hawkins will not be reworked because it has already overhauled graphics
Just by seeing Coldwind and Haddonfield reworked soon, I'll be comfortable with your work.
I dont know if it will be big but the last chapter set the bar so low I dont think is possible to not make it better...
I agree. I think everything we've seen recently has been very disappointing. Poor Halloween event, poor new Chapter and some awful changes made in 4.5.0 (not all changes are bad, but many are).
If the next chapter is as bad as the last, DBD could be in some trouble.
After A Binding of Kin leaving the most forgettable Killer since Plague
Hey,don't you dare talk like that about plague >:(
At least she had really good perks 😢
Don’t forget bugs. I bet it’ll be even worse than last chapter lol.
I have high hopes for their anniversary chapter more than the next chapter. The next two chapters are crucial
Not sure I think it's old enough it's on the list. And you know it needs some breakable walls.
Nah I think it's kinda dull the graphics. But noy even the graphics. It doesn't have the new standard or breakable walls. It's old enough and is unpopular enough. Could get the Lerys treatment a way to finds gens easier. Or the Game treatment being opened up possibly.
Well about the Twins being C tier killer i agree but the perks are good on average, Hoarder being the worst but you cannot say that Deception or Appraisal ( a perk that allow you to loot up to 6 keys ) are bad perks.
I can't even get over the fact of how much A binding of Kin was a complete ######### show. I'm sorry but the amount of quality put into that thing was extremely lacking, plus it doesn't help its the most hated chapter so far.
It doesnt help that the survivor and killer have almost nothing to offer thats worth using
Nah, it can suck and people will still buy it.
Except for oppression but thats it
Even oppression is reaaaally meh
True but it requires Pop to actually be efficient
Yeah id be okay with oppression if it wasn't random and it only triggered on gens with progress. You could have it go off on 3 dead gens which is super dumb