I Have Lost Almost All My Matches and I Keep Ranking Up

And I hate it! I haven’t gotten away but once or twice in the days and I keep ranking up causing me to get even harder and harder killers to face off against and thus the cycle repeats. It’s not fun to constantly lose, then get rewarded for losing by getting even harder opponents. They really need to tone down the freebie points survivors constantly get. All the while if I play Killer I have to dominate the entire match in order to win any points.( I’m level 16 and get matched with purple or red rank survivors but sure ok. Fair)

Why can’t they let me at least suffer a penalty or one depip from losing. Instead I feel like the kids who all get participation trophies cause the parents don’t want to let kids feel left out. And just to add I’m rank 5 and I have been constantly losing nonstop yet I rarely if ever depip. In fact it seems like I’m leveling up cause I have been stuck between 7-9 mostly

Comments

  • Right, I die alot and still able to clime to Red rank because Im the one holding M1 on Gen alot.

    My rank gain up by holding M1

  • Yeah, ranking up is very easy, especially on survivor. Hopefully the upcoming MMR will help.

  • @C3Tooth said:

    Right, I die alot and still able to clime to Red rank because Im the one holding M1 on Gen alot.

    My rank gain up by holding M1

    It honestly feels like I’m being talked down to and punished at the same time by the devs. “Oh he keeps getting killed? Well let’s reward him so he doesn’t feel bad. BY LETTING HIM FACE EVEN WORSE KILLERS!” *cur maniacal laughter*

  • The reason that happens is that survivor emblems are super reliant on outside factors and there are 4 survivors competing over the same objectives. Ppl already complain about how they deserve to gain pips or don't deserve to lose pips over stuff that they feel isn't their fault.


    It also means you're doing a good enough job.

  • Something to consider, as the Survivor, your team winning the match is not solely dependent on whether you personally lived or not. It is entirely possible that you were being a thorn in the Killers side in multiple different ways, but you got downed and hooked at the end and your team got pushed out. Yeah you died, but you definitely didn't lose.

  • It is easy to rank up but don't sell yourself short, if you're dying every match and still progressing you must be doing something useful for the team. If escapes were the only measure of doing well as survivor then you'd only see blendettes with a good supply of keys at high ranks.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    Something to consider, as the Survivor, your team winning the match is not solely dependent on whether you personally lived or not. It is entirely possible that you were being a thorn in the Killers side in multiple different ways, but you got downed and hooked at the end and your team got pushed out. Yeah you died, but you definitely didn't lose.

    Honestly I don’t feel like a winner. And plus even now most of my teammates get wiped out and we all lose and I still don’t lose rank or anything. Plus honestly it doesn’t feel like a win if you constantly die and random strangers reap the rewards of your work and escape. I guess that’s just a personal thing. At times I feel like I’m way over my head with the ranking and didn’t deserve to be so high and I’m suffering for it.

  • @Terro said:

    The reason that happens is that survivor emblems are super reliant on outside factors and there are 4 survivors competing over the same objectives. Ppl already complain about how they deserve to gain pips or don't deserve to lose pips over stuff that they feel isn't their fault.

    It also means you're doing a good enough job.

    I don’t feel like I did a good job but I guess.

  • Well, we will all be rank 20s soon!