Key Teasers?

In the most recent QnA stream Mclean mentioned that they have some teasers about upcoming key changes. Around 29 minutes into the stream. Due to time constraints, these teasers weren't shown. However, they also didn't appear in the expansion of the Q&A posted on these forums.

A simple question then: Where are they?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Wondering the same... and where is the longer QA with additional questions answered that was said to be posted shortly after?

  • @jrinkwater said:

    Wondering the same... and where is the longer QA with additional questions answered that was said to be posted shortly after?

    Those are in the news part. I checked it's not there (unless it got updated).

  • @GentlemanFridge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1921969#Comment_1921969

    Those are in the news part. I checked it's not there (unless it got updated).

    Oh I saw it but these questions answered are ... yawn. Thanks for telling me!

  • The teasers were never related to keys but to the DS & OoO rework - they were just mentioned whilst discussing keys because we were asked if there was information on when the key rework was coming, McLean did specifically say that " we don't usually give out time frames but we do have a few teasers coming up today" (I've paraphrased this), but it was never intended to discuss or show what was the proposed change to keys.

  • @Mandy said:

    The teasers were never related to keys but to the DS & OoO rework - they were just mentioned whilst discussing keys because we were asked if there was information on when the key rework was coming, McLean did specifically say that " we don't usually give out time frames but we do have a few teasers coming up today" (I've paraphrased this), but it was never intended to discuss or show what was the proposed change to keys.

    Oh yea that was confusing for me too (timing of the words about teasers)

    Sad.

    But hey, hopefully key/hatch rework comes in big and impressive. Like early game change he hinted about

  • @jrinkwater said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1926561#Comment_1926561

    Oh yea that was confusing for me too (timing of the words about teasers)

    Sad.

    But hey, hopefully key/hatch rework comes in big and impressive. Like early game change he hinted about

    I imagine it will be something small. Like people told them mori's should just work on death hook for years and years and they said it was much more complicated than that; and years later that is all they ended up doing. One small simple obvious as hell change took years for some insane reason we may never know..

    I think it will be the same with keys. It will be something like "Keys now only open hatch when all the generators have been completed" or something basic like that. You can't skip objectives anymore, but keys are still a powerful way to skip the gate phase and get you out easier. Maybe also a change to purple keys or something so they only open a hatch once one of the gates is opened.

    Then given the low chance of keys being used on a hatch as well, they might buff them actually in that sense and let all keys see hatch aura or something within 8 meters or less or apply the hatch sound even when it's closed when they have a key or something along those lines.

    (Bhvr loves stat based adjustments...)

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1926662#Comment_1926662

    I imagine it will be something small. Like people told them mori's should just work on death hook for years and years and they said it was much more complicated than that; and years later that is all they ended up doing. One small simple obvious as hell change took years for some insane reason we may never know..

    I think it will be the same with keys. It will be something like "Keys now only open hatch when all the generators have been completed" or something basic like that. You can't skip objectives anymore, but keys are still a powerful way to skip the gate phase and get you out easier. Maybe also a change to purple keys or something so they only open a hatch once one of the gates is opened.

    Then given the low chance of keys being used on a hatch as well, they might buff them actually in that sense and let all keys see hatch aura or something within 8 meters or less or apply the hatch sound even when it's closed when they have a key or something along those lines.

    (Bhvr loves stat based adjustments...)

    I'm not sure, The dev in the stream made it seem like it was a pretty big change. They also have more changes to Mori (which I assume is being able to Mori last player by default)

    I think keys will be all gens (or last player) and an opening time that is punishable? Or keys that enable 1 escape versus 4

    I agree with how you feel based on the past, and I hope that changes actually come sooner than a lot later... and that everything is considered well for both sides. Because key/hatch is one of the dumbest mechanics currently of any game I've played. In fact, any bonus, item, or perk that grooms players to act entirely different... is bad

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1926662#Comment_1926662

    I imagine it will be something small. Like people told them mori's should just work on death hook for years and years and they said it was much more complicated than that; and years later that is all they ended up doing. One small simple obvious as hell change took years for some insane reason we may never know..

    I think it will be the same with keys. It will be something like "Keys now only open hatch when all the generators have been completed" or something basic like that. You can't skip objectives anymore, but keys are still a powerful way to skip the gate phase and get you out easier. Maybe also a change to purple keys or something so they only open a hatch once one of the gates is opened.

    Then given the low chance of keys being used on a hatch as well, they might buff them actually in that sense and let all keys see hatch aura or something within 8 meters or less or apply the hatch sound even when it's closed when they have a key or something along those lines.

    (Bhvr loves stat based adjustments...)

    I guess it will at least include an animation for opening the Hatch, which would partially explain why it takes longer. They would need to do animations for opening the Hatch and for interrupting the Survivor Animation. So I guess, overall the change will be more complex.

    If I had to guess, it will be opening animation, removal of Add Ons which let Survivors keep Keys after opening/dying and probably Add On-Rework.

    They also said that they want to revisit Moris, so looks like the current version is just a band-aid until they made something different (for me personally, I dont need Moris to be stronger. I like to see the animation exactly once and then I dont care about Moris anymore since the Nerf).