Ingame ping indicator

Why doesnt this exist?

And dont say for immersion, because it wouldnt need to be visible unless ping jumped to red, in which case the players immersion is already about to be broken by a big lag spike.

Comments

  • What benefit would such a ping indicator be?

    The only thing it cuold cause are even more ragequits

  • What benefit would such a ping indicator be?

    The only thing it cuold cause are even more ragequits

    to know the second a killer lagswitches, rather than finding out 7seconds later when youre on the floor.

    how would it cause more ragequits?
  • @Lowbei
    I have to agree with DeadbyFlashlight here. So many survivors rage quit the moment something they don't like happens. If they could see the match ping turn a colour they don't like during, say a lunge attack or a pallet drop, they would be more likely to scream "lag switcher! and rage quit.

    I don't see any benefit to this sort of add on.

  • @Lowbei
    I have to agree with DeadbyFlashlight here. So many survivors rage quit the moment something they don't like happens. If they could see the match ping turn a colour they don't like during, say a lunge attack or a pallet drop, they would be more likely to scream "lag switcher! and rage quit.

    I don't see any benefit to this sort of add on.

    while i see his point, i think these same people would dc the second the killer downed them anyways.
  • @Lowbei said:
    MegaWaffle said:

    @Lowbei

    I have to agree with DeadbyFlashlight here. So many survivors rage quit the moment something they don't like happens. If they could see the match ping turn a colour they don't like during, say a lunge attack or a pallet drop, they would be more likely to scream "lag switcher! and rage quit.

    I don't see any benefit to this sort of add on.

    while i see his point, i think these same people would dc the second the killer downed them anyways.

    That is his point. If you are a player who doesn't DC then nothing is going to change regardless of what they do, however if you are a player who always finds some "justification" to DC this would simply add another revenue to use.

  • Lowbei said:

    What benefit would such a ping indicator be?

    The only thing it cuold cause are even more ragequits

    to know the second a killer lagswitches, rather than finding out 7seconds later when youre on the floor.

    how would it cause more ragequits?
    It takes you 7 seconds to figure out the game is lagging? and that you aren't moving?

    You must be a certain kind of special
  • For once you're right. Even if I understand already from how the game takes place if it is lagging.

  • @Skairipa
    I'm assuming you're referring to Lowbie in this post?

    It helps if you "@" them haha.

  • @MegaWaffle said:
    @Skairipa
    I'm assuming you're referring to Lowbie in this post?

    It helps if you "@" them haha.

    sorry if I didnt put the tag my fingers wrote quickly but yes was referring to @Lowbei

  • @Skairipa said:

    @MegaWaffle said:
    @Skairipa
    I'm assuming you're referring to Lowbie in this post?

    It helps if you "@" them haha.

    sorry if I didnt put the tag my fingers wrote quickly but yes was referring to @Lowbei

    To be fair if they were to add this to PC only I guess if lagswitching is a big thing it "may" have a positive effect? But that would also be assuming BHVR actually banned players. On console we don't have hackers so my point would be much more geared on the console side of things.

  • @Skairipa said:

    @MegaWaffle said:
    @Skairipa
    I'm assuming you're referring to Lowbie in this post?

    It helps if you "@" them haha.

    sorry if I didnt put the tag my fingers wrote quickly but yes was referring to @Lowbei

    On console we don't have hackers...

    true, please tell that to the “ochido hacks on ps4” club
  • I don’t really think that pausing the game to see ping is something anyone wants to do in a game based around fast paced stealth and chases. 

    Time is already precious enough and far too scarce for both sides. Pausing to check ping is going to cost you, regardless of what side of the fight you’re on during the match. 

    I just don’t see a way to implement such a feature without compromising immersion. Unless you want the disconnect indicator to show up at the top of the screen whenever ping goes bad. But that would be really annoying. especially because, you know, no dedicated servers, so it’s naturally going to be more common. 

    Not saying the game needs them, but the network naturally won’t be as viable. 
  • I don’t really think that pausing the game to see ping is something anyone wants to do in a game based around fast paced stealth and chases. 

    Time is already precious enough and far too scarce for both sides. Pausing to check ping is going to cost you, regardless of what side of the fight you’re on during the match. 

    I just don’t see a way to implement such a feature without compromising immersion. Unless you want the disconnect indicator to show up at the top of the screen whenever ping goes bad. But that would be really annoying. especially because, you know, no dedicated servers, so it’s naturally going to be more common. 

    Not saying the game needs them, but the network naturally won’t be as viable. 
    who said anything about pausing?

    it would simply show up when connection fails
  • Lowbei why are you Bubba 
  • Lowbei why are you Bubba 
    Union requirements :)