I don't mean to spoil things but I have a few concerns about the DS change.

Please don't write off what im about to say. As a survivor main I am incredibly happy that DS is being changed so that its not as oppressive to killers. I want both sides to be happy as possible. However I'm a bit concerned about the DS change. If my concerns are unfounded please feel free to let me know.

1. Ds is not a good anti tunnel perk.

I know a lot of people want DS to be a true anti tunnel perk, but from playing i have noticed that is not a good anti tunnel perk. I say this because there have been many times in which I have used DS on the killer to stun them and they have continued to tunnel me. Meaning that DS did not do its job as a anti tunnel perk. So much so that in order to have some impact on the killer I would have to use it more aggressively. Weather or not the stun happened, the killer still tunneled if they did not go after someone else. I feel this issue have to be solved before the devs make it a true anti-tunnel perk. I have an idea of how to fix it if you want to hear.

2. Healing deactivates DS?

I feel this is concerning because of how vague and situational it is. So is it healing in general that deactivates it or is it if you change health states or become fully healed. What about if your being slugged, if another survivor starts to heal you will DS be deactivated. Isn't it still tunneling regardless of if the killer is stunned or not? Also what about if I just got off the hook and the survivor who rescued me starts healing me and the killer returns to the hook and chase me. Is it deactivated because the survivor started to heal me. Isn't that still tunneling? I feel more clarification is needed.

3. Chases and the timer.

The timer is still 60 seconds and I think that's good but what about if the chase last to long? From what I have seen it dosen't pause if your being chased so if I just got off the hook and I run from the killer more then 60 seconds does that mean if they down me they don't get stunned? Isn't it still tunneling regardless of the time of the chase? Also if so many things deactivate it whats the point of the timer? Is it even needed anymore?

4. Effects on solo.

I'm curious of how this change will effect solo as, from my understanding at least, DS is popular in solo and for good reasons. There is little to no communication in solo so often times your team could make mistakes that force you to use DS. I'm worried this change could negatively impact solo.

5. The locker issue.

I have heard on the qna that they did not have it deactivates when you get into a locker which is good. However I'm concerned with the fact that they said they are looking into it. And its a problem because I don't want them to make an unnecessary changes and potentially destroying legitimate instances of tunneling. Regardless of how you slice it, if the survivors just got off the hook and the killer chased them and the survivor gets into a locker, and the killer takes them out, the killer still tunneled the person making the stun justified. If it deactivates when in a locker the killer tunnels without any consequences, which is unfair. It's no different then download the survivors and picking them up.

6. The skill check

The skill check is another issue with Ds that concerns me. It still deactivates fully if you miss the skill check. So if someone is not good at skill check does that mean they get tunneled? What if lag happens and i miss the skill check does that mean i still get tunneled. Also what about if I want to save my DS later on, since sometimes I'm not in control of when I use DS?

So if someonese are my concerns I'm more then willing to listen to see if they are unfounded. Thank you.

Comments

  • The healing part concerns me because of how vague it is. Sabotage goes into cool down if you accidentally tap it instead of healing someone that is near a hook, would just a tap from someone trying to heal cancel DS? I'm worried that another survivor trying to heal you after unhooking before you can run off or a survivor working with killer could ruin DS for solo survivors.

  • 1. Ds is not a good anti tunnel perk.

    The stun is not to give you a free escape, it's to give you a chance to get to a defensive position. Which unless are recourses are depleted it always does. It's anti tunnel cause it gives you a fighting chance when you are tunneled. Doesn't mean you don't have to do anything though

    2. Healing deactivates DS?

    The action of healing deactivates DS. not healing itself. Bassicly think of madness tier 3. all the actions it disables are the actions DS will deactivate on.

    3. Chases and the timer.

    If your chase lasted for more then 60 seconds then there was plenty of time another survivor could have come and bodyblocked. If your team does nothing to save you the faults lies with them and not the killer

    4. Effects on solo.

    It should bassicly not change. Solo's use DS as an anti tunnel perk and if you are being tunneled you couldn't do any of the actions anyway. It solely focusses on the people who use this shield as a weapon. You will probably want to run second wind or inner strengt (cleanse the totem before you are hooked) to ensure you are healed when DS fades. The only scary part that was added is that you are defenseless if your healing gets interupted in an unsafe spot

    5. The locker issue.

    I think the locker thing is fair. you are not progressing the game in a locker. so it's not really an issue

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    1. Ds is not a good anti tunnel perk.

    The stun is not to give you a free escape, it's to give you a chance to get to a defensive position. Which unless are recourses are depleted it always does. It's anti tunnel cause it gives you a fighting chance when you are tunneled. Doesn't mean you don't have to do anything though

    2. Healing deactivates DS?

    The action of healing deactivates DS. not healing itself. Bassicly think of madness tier 3. all the actions it disables are the actions DS will deactivate on.

    3. Chases and the timer.

    If your chase lasted for more then 60 seconds then there was plenty of time another survivor could have come and bodyblocked. If your team does nothing to save you the faults lies with them and not the killer

    4. Effects on solo.

    It should bassicly not change. Solo's use DS as an anti tunnel perk and if you are being tunneled you couldn't do any of the actions anyway. It solely focusses on the people who use this shield as a weapon. You will probably want to run second wind or inner strengt (cleanse the totem before you are hooked) to ensure you are healed when DS fades. The only scary part that was added is that you are defenseless if your healing gets interupted in an unsafe spot

    5. The locker issue.

    I think the locker thing is fair. you are not progressing the game in a locker. so it's not really an issue

    1. I think I can see what your saying.

    2. The changes that was made was that Ds is deactivated when your healing. Healing is present tense, which implies you have to be currently doing the action for it to deactivate. It doesn't stop you from healing.

    3. Regardless of if the survivors could have body blocked or not is irrelevant. The killer still continued to chase you and no one else regardless of the time. The killer still tunneled.

    4. I guess I see what your saying, but I'm unsure if I'm satisfied. I would have to see for myself in solo.

    Thank you for listening to my concerns.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917219#Comment_1917219

    1. I think I can see what your saying.

    2. The changes that was made was that Ds is deactivated when your healing. Healing is present tense, which implies you have to end doing the action for it to deactivate. It doesn't stop you from healing.

    3. Regardless of if the survivors could have body blocked or not is irrelevant. The killer still continued to chase you and no one else regardless of the time. The killer still tunneled.

    4. I guess I see what your saying, but I'm unsure if I'm satisfied. I would have to see for myself in solo.

    Thank you for listening.

    "The killer still continued to chase you and no one else regardless of the time. The killer still tunneled."

    "there have been many times in which I have used DS on the killer to stun them and they have continued to tunnel me. Meaning that DS did not do its job as a anti tunnel perk."

    I'm not sure what you expect from a perk, here. I mean, there's no perk that can actually force a player to change their mind when they've already decided on a course of action. DS stuns the killer, giving the survivor a chance to reach a better loop or maybe break LOS and lose the killer. DS discourages tunneling and it gives survivors a better chance of escaping when the killer chooses to tunnel, but again no perk can force a killer not to tunnel if he's determined to do it.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1917300#Comment_1917300

    "The killer still continued to chase you and no one else regardless of the time. The killer still tunneled."

    "there have been many times in which I have used DS on the killer to stun them and they have continued to tunnel me. Meaning that DS did not do its job as a anti tunnel perk."

    I'm not sure what you expect from a perk, here. I mean, there's no perk that can actually force a player to change their mind when they've already decided on a course of action. DS stuns the killer, giving the survivor a chance to reach a better loop or maybe break LOS and lose the killer. DS discourages tunneling and it gives survivors a better chance of escaping when the killer chooses to tunnel, but again no perk can force a killer not to tunnel if he's determined to do it.

    I can see what your saying and my 1st concere has been fixed. Thank you.