increasingly darker maps

you are reworking the maps in the wrong way, too dark, I liked the old style a lot but I know you need to modernize a bit, but so you are exaggerating, too dark. this is certainly not how you will make this game "horror" devs.

you are ruining everything.

Comments

  • I really don't see the darkness in any of the reworked maps

  • @Trashmaster said:

    I really don't see the darkness in any of the reworked maps

    Compare for example the old autoheaven and the new one, much darker.

  • @Trashmaster said:

    I really don't see the darkness in any of the reworked maps

    Uhhh. Badham and Macmillan are undeniably darker. Like bottom floor The Game dark.

    maybe you're on PC with brighter graphics, but default / console are definitely darker.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912436#Comment_1912436

    Uhhh. Badham and Macmillan are undeniably darker. Like bottom floor The Game dark.

    maybe you're on PC with brighter graphics, but default / console are definitely darker.

    most likely

  • @billax_ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912436#Comment_1912436

    Compare for example the old autoheaven and the new one, much darker.

    Autoheaven is not much darker, they just increased the contrast.

    Do you really not like the fact that devs are trying to bring the game closer to the horror genre by AT LEAST making it more atmospheric? Bright maps looks ugly (except for the new Ormond).

  • @Alify said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912441#Comment_1912441

    Autoheaven is not much darker, they just increased the contrast.

    Do you really not like the fact that devs are trying to bring the game closer to the horror genre by AT LEAST making it more atmospheric? Bright maps looks ugly (except for the new Ormond).

    the fact that they make them darker does not mean "horror", it is the atmosphere itself that makes it, sounds... interactions on the map etc ... but certainly making them darker makes it much more impossible killer gameplay (I play both sides )

  • Its fine that you are not able to see map-wide. The maps were way too bright, it is good that they go for darker Maps again.

  • @billax_ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912473#Comment_1912473

    the fact that they make them darker does not mean "horror", it is the atmosphere itself that makes it, sounds... interactions on the map etc ... but certainly making them darker makes it much more impossible killer gameplay (I play both sides )

    I've never complained about "darkness" while playing killers (Ultra settings), I even like to play with it, it's more interesting and atmospheric.

    And you're right, but darkness is the main and most important aspect of horror and it must be present in the DBD. If DBD will contain everything except the more or less realistic brightness, it will look very strange imo.

  • Just want to add those images:

    Those are the old Moonlight-Offerings, the PIctures show the default lightning (first picture) and the brightest lightning (second picture):

    MistAndMoonlightDefault.jpg FullMoonBouquetEffects.jpg
    The Moon shining bright in the sky. Moonlight was a recurring ambient feature in every trial of Dead by Daylight and still is almost the sole source of light, with other sources of light including lamps, fire pits and fully repaired Generators . 1 Overview 2 Stacking Conditions 2.1 Exception 3 Change Log 3.1 Patch 1.8.2 3.2 Patch 2.3.0 4 Version 1.0 5 Gallery 6 Videos 7 Trivia The brightness of the Moonlight could be tweaked via the Moon Bouquet Offerings , which were disabled from spawning in t

    Current Maps are brighter than what was considered "brightest moonlight" years ago. I would totally love to have a brightness like displayed in the pictures, it looked way better.


  • @billax_ita said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912473#Comment_1912473

    the fact that they make them darker does not mean "horror", it is the atmosphere itself that makes it, sounds... interactions on the map etc ... but certainly making them darker makes it much more impossible killer gameplay (I play both sides )

    Lighting is part of the atmosphere. I can't relate. The lighting is fine on killer side for me. For reference I play on PC with ultra settings. My only issue with lighting is scratch marks on Ormond specifically can be hard to see sometimes but that could just be me. Hell and that issue is actually because its too bright. The lighting was a big step up. The reworks still however got dated textures that don't look good and the maps aren't interactive. Despite all the whining Midwich is a good example of at least attempting to make the map more lively but still don't go far enough.