A solution to Hook Wh**ing and body blocking
So biggest problem I am seeing for this game so far is the hook wh**ing and body blocking getting far to out of hand and it is honestly getting to the point that me and the vast majority of my friends have even thought of quiting this game all together because it's just not fun with these easily taken advantage of exploitations.
And as a way to fix this issue I believe addind something like a negative buff on the killer that would cause the survivers on the hook to have a very high succeed rate for unhooking themselves with a little haste boost afterwards based on how long the killer just sits there and ether beats on you or is just sitting around the hook, it really takes away the fun and thrill of the game making it.... Well sh**.
As for the body blocking with the killer I'd say a negative buff that would cause the survivers body blocking to "trip" and drop there item while the killer is carrying someone or make it so the killer can shove them out of the way instead of an attack that would cause less to the wiggle progression then simply trying to attack.
We already do have stuff in place to help prevent survivers from circle jerkin i.e. after vaulting over a area enough times it becomes blocked to the player and there is also the crows that show up when sitting in one spot for to long and I think this would just further fit into that criteria.
Let me also preference by saying that I usually have pretty good games as both the survivors and the killer, as of late though I have been seeing a lot of people using these sorts of exploits to take the game hostage basically and it's really just not making it very fun anymore to play and I think preventative measures other then the subtraction of a miniscule amount of BP would help stop people from doing it more so if you give the players the means to do so I think it would help the community get a better experience especially for newer players as killers considering there seems to be less killer players then survivor players.
Comments
This doesn't take into account that camping can sometimes be necessary or the smart play due to survivors running out to the hook in the open and clearly not doing gens.
Also body blocking as survivor can also be a smart play, its on the killer to either smack you and get through or go around, the fact that they're ignoring you completely to tunnel vision someone makes this smart survivor gameplay and a good use of teamwork. I can't count the amount of times I've saved a teammate at the exit gates by blocking a M1 tunneler between myself and a tree, and they could have got them or even me if they actually tried but they were dead set on tunneling one player to death.
I haven't been seeing it like that though, and honestly if your tactics are to sit at a hook the whole game instead of applying pressure on the rest of the survivors then that's just dumb as hell, also I don't tunnel after people, nor do I camp the hook and I still get people trying to body block every chance they get and when you have two people on you doing it while trying to carry a survivor on the first down because you outsmarted them and you can't really risk trying to throw a bit or two at them without dropping the player your carrying.... Well that is just as bad as hook wh**ing especially if they try to take turns hook blocking you.
My point is that if this is going to be exploited and it's getting to the point that people don't want to play killers or play survivors right then there needs to be something in place to soften that sort of exploitation, for example I play pyramid head a lot and if I use his ranged attack and hit someone on the other side of a wall or a vault location and then pick them up and have two or three other survivors body block me for "tunneling" then I just need to accept it and that there isn't another strategy I can use to not screw myself over and loose the chance to hook the survivors every time they body block?
Like I said there was a huge problem with people just circle jerkin the killers with vault locations and now after so many times the location gets a cool down timer that won't let the survivor use it, this would be in a similar camp to me.
Because the goal of the game is to outsmart each other obviously, yet that can't happen with people who don't want to actually participate in the game and there is nothing more dissatisfying then winning a game because the killer sat there beating on a single target that's hooked the majority of the game.
All I'm saying is make a perk or create a negative buff like with the people circle jerk vaulting to help the game become more challenging if this is all people are going to do.
My problem is that it isn't a strategy it's a exploit in the game itself and should be fixed.
A good example is that I play as pyramid head and am pretty good with him too, so when I hit a survivor on the other side of a wall or vault location and grab them and then have two other people body blocking forcing me to ether make two hits and drop the person I'm carrying or just drop the person from getting body blocked or hook blocked then that is some serious exploitation that needs to be fixed especially if your not a hook wh** or if your not tunneling which is why I recommended the option to instead of hit the players you have the option to push the players back without causing as much wiggle room like from an attack and the survivors don't take a wound hit ether.
As for the hook wh**ing, it really bothers me to see people do it because it basically gives the game to the survivors because there isn't any pressure being put on them and also its no fun to have some one just sitting there smacking you around let alone not even going after other survivors, which is why I think a buff related to how long the killer has sat within a certain radius that would raise your self unhook chance and give you a minor haste boost soly on the grounds that they are infact just hook wh**ing.
There have been similar measures taken with the abuse of vaulting pallets, windows, and walls and this to me is just in same camp as that, also it would add more to the strategy aspect as well as put the killer in a position to apply pressure to the survivor group as a whole instead of trying to tunnel or hook wh**.
Don't get me wrong I do know there is a perk that allows for you to do something similar and makes you broken aftwards, but what I'm speaking of would soly be related to pore sportsmanship in terms of hook wh**ing.
Body blocking is typically easy to deal with and most often favors in the killer, as they get the hook anyways but also injured others in the process.
There's the rare occasion where they really get the upper hand, normally with perks, which is the point.
Even when you think you won't make it, drop, and begin chase with another applying more pressure. You just need to not be late on this decision, and now that survivor on the ground has to fully recover, usually forcing another survivor to come rescue.
Unless the killer doesn't attempt to swing at the blocking survivors, then they will almost always lose their grab.
My point is that it's done in a group effort even if your not tunneling or hook wh**ing and unless you take the time to level up the now nerffed legion killer to get his perk that lets you keep hitting In a combo it becomes pointless most times when you got two to three survivors doing it just because it's an easier win without any skill.
I also feel the same about hook wh**ing there's zero skill in it and usually shortens the game from lack of actual participation which is really no fun.
Still, no.
I've had thousands of times where a full group went in. Usually this leads to a drop, but as said before, that is not a bad thing. 3 others are in your face, injured (if you attacked) and you are bound to get another down quickly if you have any skill in chase. What gens are getting done right now?
Besides, it can be skillful for the survivors, they can bait swings which needs to be properly timed.
I'd still have to disagree with you, because the killer can't hit all three at one go and also on top of that as I had mentioned when I hit someone with pyramid heads ranged attack from the other side of a wall or a vault location and then get body blocked to all high hell and can only hit one of the two or three and risk loosing putting a survivor on the hook because they are just blocking then that's just exploitation not skill or strategy because that's what flashlights are meant to be used for and again same goes for hook wh**ing no skill or tactic to someone just sitting there beating on a hooked survivor.
Like I said I play both and see this happen far to much now of days compared to before and it also is what I feel is making less people play killers and also makes newer players not even want to try and play and that usually is what leads to a game like this physically dying.
You can call it a tactic or strategy all you want, I still see and call it exploitation that ruins the actual gameplay itself and chock it up to the same thing as the vault locks that occurs if a player exploits a pallet or a window.
If you're really facing body blockers EVERY MATCH... I recommend using Iron Grasp/Mad Grit. Yes you're using a perk, but you basically guarantee that won't happen to you again.
Also, what is hook... wh-something?
Honestly this sounds less of a legitimate complaint and more of a "I want to play this game MY WAY, and other people should accomodate it". You're not entitled for players to play the way you want. If you're playing to win then why is it a bad thing that the other side does the same thing?
it is a strat just what is the killer supposed to do when all gens are completed and they get a survivor? let them be saved and easily reach the gates with perks and body blocking? you can't leave the hook to chase other survivors it nearly always ends up with that survivor your chasing still getting to the gates as the other one who is saved goes to the other gate.
body blocking is also needed in this game to help out your teammates otherwise killers will always just tunnel or at the very least slug injured survivors. this has never been an issue if they body block you to lead injured survivors to exit gates it's your lose there shouldn't be 4 survivors that late into the game anyway you lost completely.
camping is also sometimes forced because survivors just don't leave the hook and also camping isn't an exploit as it is supported by the devs, if the killer is camping just do gens it's their loss. this is not the same as things used in a chase those things heavily prevented the killer from even getting survivors which isn't the same as survivors unable to perform saves mainly because their are 4 of them.
Play some more, get some more experience, trust me.
Think about this, how many streamers/youtubers do you see use things like iron grasp/agitation/mad grit outside of perk specific builds?
They're not meta. Why? Because things like body blocking can be easily dealt with. It's not as big as a problem as you seem to think. I don't want the devs wasting time on something minor.
Talking about making the gate, at that point you've already lost if all 4 are alive and about to leave imo.
I have to confirm that camping is sometimes necessary.
One time I was playing Demo during EGC on the saloon map. I had no sacrifices or kills of any kind, but I had one survivor on a hook. The gates were open, I was lagging like crazy, three survivors were probably waiting for me to come so they could T-bag me, and I just wanted my 1k match.
They weren't waiting at the gates. They were planning a ######### tactical assault. I got 45 hooks that match. The fact that that's even possible astounds me.
I hooked the first "hero," a Dwight, just out of LoS of the other survivor. We went back and forth, back and forth, but they refused to let anyone stay behind, and I was borderline certain that they were using some sort of hacks for a longer EGC and more hooks or something. In the end, the Dwight blinded me and they all escaped.
Dwight called me a rat afterwards. He was red ranked as well. I'm level 16, no prestige.
######### Dwight, by the way.
BT combats camping and Mad grit combats body blocking.
To the user who posted this topic.
I don't think you understand what body blocking is or even understand what holding the game hostage is. I'm sorry but your post is stupid.
Body blocking is blocking the field path preventing a person from moving in the right direction or completely trapping them in a corner so the cannot leave, I have had game where wraith players will literally body block a person and just sit there and I have also watched and have had survivers just body block the hook hopping back and forth ether until you drop the survivor.
My point is if you vault a location to many times in a row it becomes closed off by "the entity" and I think there should be a similar system in place that causes a penalty for doing things like what i mentioned because it is kinda crap if someones whole goal is to literally just body block one survivor and wait until the end of the game to hook that one survivor and it's pretty dumb that survivors of they crouch just right at the hook they can not only block you but also when you attack you hit the hook or the post instead of the survivor.
And as for hook wh**in, I think that that's just lame because 90% of the time only one person gets sacrificed and then just kinda ruins the experience in general of the game for everyone else when the literally just stand at the hook also takes away from the point of the killers role if they are just going to sit there like a glorified babysitter which is why I suggested the idea of a certain time period within a small proximity to the hook the survivor is on that they get better chance of unhooking themselves really at that point.
I know people who religiously play killers and are really good at it and even those kinds of tactics piss them off as skilled players because it make the killer role look like crap.
Camping is never neccessary unless people are in that area, but even then you don't need to stand right in front of the hooked person. Camping and tunneling ruins the game, me and my friends when playing as survivor deal with it every time we play and it annoys us every time, might as well stop playing and unless something is done about it then i think a lot of people will stop playing as survivor like other people already are. Body blocking is not an issue, camping and tunneling is, if you have body blockers that often there are two perks to help, mad grit and i can't remember the other one but at least you have a counterplay which doesn't ruin everyone's experience of that match.