Struggle phase needs removing

Isn't it about time we got struggle phase removed from the game?

Either people use it to die on purpose or people accidentally stop pressing X for a millisecond and accidentally die.


They could at least change is because now I've just left 2 survivors in a match because I accidentally stopped pressing X for literally a millisecond.


This game is just fetching me more excuses not to even bother turning it on.

Comments

  • Oh look at that I'm on another game now. Just closed the application because I really cba with dying by accident. Game loses another player for an unknown time whilst I play something better.

  • on xbox its so unfair

  • The only time it’s really been a bother to me is when the killer is lagtastic. Then you lag on the struggle phase and die. Kind of outside the devs control a bit. What do you replace it with though? Pyramid head’s torture boxes were obviously an experiment in skill-checking the struggle phase, but I don’t think that is super amazing in comparison. What’s the alternative?

  • Make it skill checks instead of having us destroying our controllers.

  • @DBD78 said:

    Make it skill checks instead of having us destroying our controllers.

    you mean like with pyramid head's cages?

    that could work, it's more fun and actually more tense than clicking spacebar repeatedly

  • @JediWithASniper said:

    The only time it’s really been a bother to me is when the killer is lagtastic. Then you lag on the struggle phase and die. Kind of outside the devs control a bit. What do you replace it with though? Pyramid head’s torture boxes were obviously an experiment in skill-checking the struggle phase, but I don’t think that is super amazing in comparison. What’s the alternative?

    I don't think skill checks are good for struggle phase. My mate missed every single skill check when he went up against PH first time. He still misses them now. It's just a death sentence for survivors using skill checks.

  • @AnnoyedAtTheGame said:

    Isn't it about time we got struggle phase removed from the game?

    Either people use it to die on purpose or people accidentally stop pressing X for a millisecond and accidentally die.

    They could at least change is because now I've just left 2 survivors in a match because I accidentally stopped pressing X for literally a millisecond.

    This game is just fetching me more excuses not to even bother turning it on.

    cant remove that. It’s super fun for console folks to break their controller with this and wiggle function. Let’s not forget the plethora of broken space bars for pc players.


    the common sense these devs show blows my mind

  • My controller on wiggle is now getting screwed because of this game. One controller went in the bin because the left thumb stick is knackered. I hate games where the games forces you to break your controller doing something over and over again.

  • @AnnoyedAtTheGame said:

    My controller on wiggle is now getting screwed because of this game. One controller went in the bin because the left thumb stick is knackered. I hate games where the games forces you to break your controller doing something over and over again.

    I have 2 controllers now with dead spots in the left thumb sticks from this dumb@$$ mechanic.


    they aren’t cheap bhvr

  • Both my wrists have carpal tunnel and the struggling makes them both hurt a lot! obv i can switch between them but then i risk messing up and then i am just switching between which one hurts more. The struggling mechanic doesn't even add tension or whatever to the game, just annoying.

  • This content has been removed.
  • This content has been removed.
  • @Caleegi said:

    Both my wrists have carpal tunnel and the struggling makes them both hurt a lot! obv i can switch between them but then i risk messing up and then i am just switching between which one hurts more. The struggling mechanic doesn't even add tension or whatever to the game, just annoying.

    Hope your wrists get better. Sadly at bhvr HQ, it’s better to make a new HUD that 99.99% of the player base hate than to make a decent struggle mechanic or simply use one you already have (looking at you pyramid head)

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1912279#Comment_1912279

    Hope your wrists get better. Sadly at bhvr HQ, it’s better to make a new HUD that 99.99% of the player base hate than to make a decent struggle mechanic or simply use one you already have (looking at you pyramid head)

    Thank you, i do too! I honestly think they should make this change soon, a lot of people have wrist problems and struggling breaks hardware (especially console controllers)