99.9% of my matches

are with people not on STEAM...

is the PC population that small?

Comments

  • I guess the STEAM population is pretty small compared to the combined population of XB1, Series X, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Switch and Windows Store.

  • wow so only .1 ... do you have a data source for that statistical analysis there chief?

  • As Yamaoka said you're dealing with like 8 other platforms all having a big player base themselves but combined yeah it's very easy for them to completely overshadow the steam players base.


    As an xbone player I rarely ever run into other xbone players.

  • I can only speak for myself, but about 70% of my opponents are PC, The other 30% are console players like me. I can tell they're PC due to the legacy clothing and when they unleash they're inner Michael Jackson and moonwalk around the map.

  • Must be your area.

    Most of hte people I play with are on Steam. Only about 20% are Crossplay.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    I guess the STEAM population is pretty small compared to the combined population of XB1, Series X, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Switch and Windows Store.

    ^ this.

    I guess from all Platforms, Steam has the highest number of players per Platform, but if you have all those other platforms combined, those will be more.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    are with people not on STEAM...

    is the PC population that small?

    Bear in mind that they could also be Windows Store players, so it's still technically PC.

    I still very often see people say "OMG how are you typing on console" when I post in the post game chat, so I think this is still not well known.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    are with people not on STEAM...

    is the PC population that small?

    If I play on console it actually feels rare to have all 4 survivors from the same platform. It’s usually pretty split but a lot of pc players especially solo I end up being the odd one out. Playing survivor on console the killer is from pc over 90% of the time. I switch over to a steam account and the majority seemed to be from console and I was the rare steam player lol. Maybe it’s intentional so BHVR can keep track on how well crossplay is working?