Why I'm getting ban for 30min?

This is the case: I play dbd in the nintendo switch and whenever a play killer my game froze and disconnect me from the game saying it's an 'internet problem' but I know thats not the case. I'm getting ban for 30min every time and its not my fault (meaning intentional disconnect) or my internet connection.

Comments

  • Whatever the reason is, if the game is disconnecting like that, it's going to give you a penalty. All this stupid game takes is a one second blip of lost internet connectivity and you just got booted out of the game...

    If it's doing it constantly and you can recreate it (which it sounds like you can as you said whenever you play as a killer), make a Bug Report and have them look into it

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs

  • because all the system detects is that you DCed and therefore the DC penalities apply.

    you can contact support here: https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us

    and report this in the bug reports section of the forum.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Angel17 said:

    This is the case: I play dbd in the nintendo switch and whenever a play killer my game froze and disconnect me from the game saying it's an 'internet problem' but I know thats not the case. I'm getting ban for 30min every time and its not my fault (meaning intentional disconnect) or my internet connection.

    first disconnect is 5 minutes, second is 10 minutes, third is 15 minutes. I think fourth is 30 minutes. you do not get a 30 min penalty for each disconnect. obviously you disconnect a good deal, i'm sorry your switch is bugging out but perhaps you should look for the reasons you're disconnecting and fix those and report when you get a disconnect from game freezing or messing up. best have evidence of the issue though.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/223091/why-im-getting-ban-for-30min

    first disconnect is 5 minutes, second is 10 minutes, third is 15 minutes. I think fourth is 30 minutes. you do not get a 30 min penalty for each disconnect. obviously you disconnect a good deal, i'm sorry your switch is bugging out but perhaps you should look for the reasons you're disconnecting and fix those and report when you get a disconnect from game freezing or messing up. best have evidence of the issue though.

    Not correct. I had problems with my PS5 at first. Tweaked router settings and relocated PS as it had a high WiFi db. I was dropping and DC constantly and I never got more than 5 minutes. There’s gotta be something more going on like rage quitting and a lot of them. Get your WiFi game up then you can get your game up.

  • @scottymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1907208#Comment_1907208

    Not correct. I had problems with my PS5 at first. Tweaked router settings and relocated PS as it had a high WiFi db. I was dropping and DC constantly and I never got more than 5 minutes. There’s gotta be something more going on like rage quitting and a lot of them. Get your WiFi game up then you can get your game up.

    not true? really? the devs said it increased the more you dc..... if you got no more than 5 minutes every time and it doesn't ramp up, how the hell does that guy get 30 minutes??? is it fixed for each person oh person A gets 30 minutes, person B gets 5, person C gets 1 hour???/ that's crazy. it can't be 30 minutes every time, can't be 5 minutes every time according to what the devs and others say.

  • The penalty for dc-s is progressive and has been this way pretty much since it was introduced as a concept. If you do not disconnect frequently "enough", though, the ban duration will remain at its lowest value. Accumulated value of DC penalty refreshes every unidentified period of time, duration of which one of the mods refused to disclose when asked directly in a similar thread, if I recall correctly.

    Explanation of DC bans from Bhvr:

    @Peanits said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/341/OGENL75T9O8I.png

    The disconnection penalty system is being re-enabled on PC, PS4 and Switch™️. Following our December 2019 test, we have fixed reported issues and made some changes to address Community feedback.

    The system will be turned on Tuesday February 11th, 11 AM Eastern. A game update will not be required.

    How does it work?

    Users who disconnect from matches will be prevented from joining a new match for a predetermined length of time, which increases after each instance of disconnection. Our objective with this feature is to discourage players from quitting games and will serve a double purpose of excluding users who are already in a negative mental state from re-entering matchmaking until they’ve had a chance to cool down.

    The system will also apply if one or more players in a group has an active disconnect penalty, preventing the entire group from joining the matchmaking queue until the penalized members have either cleared their penalty or leave the group.

    The incremental penalties will decay naturally over time, starting after the most recent matchmaking ban has completed.

    FAQ

    Can I appeal my penalty?

    No, we do not offer appeals for disconnection penalties.

    What counts as a disconnect?

    Anything that results in you leaving the match will count as a disconnect. This includes but is not limited to: Turning off your PC/console, disconnecting your Internet, closing the game, or leaving a match through the leave match button. This is crucial to ensure that the system cannot be exploited.

    What about Xbox?

    Since the disconnection penalty system requires dedicated servers, the system will not be used on Xbox until dedicated servers are enabled.

    What if something happens outside of my control (e.g. Internet outages)?

    Penalties will start off small enough that the occasional outage should not be noticeable; your timer should be gone by the time your Internet comes back on, for example. If you are losing connection frequently, please be sure to resolve your issue as soon as possible. Losing connection to matches negatively affects the enjoyment of the other four players in the match.