I'm uninformed on what you mena by facecamping was patched out, could you explain please?
Once upon a time, unhooks could only be done from a certain angle. If the Killer stood at this exaxt point, Survivors could not get the prompt for the unhook action, making it impossible. This was referred to as facecamping.
Nowadays, unhooks can be done from any direction, making this act impossible to do.
Once upon a time, unhooks could only be done from a certain angle. If the Killer stood at this exaxt point, Survivors could not get the prompt for the unhook action, making it impossible. This was referred to as facecamping.
Nowadays, unhooks can be done from any direction, making this act impossible to do.
oh, I see, sounds like something, the devs overlooked before release, as if there wasn't enough oversights and bugs.
All of the other options are just playstyles, which shouldn't be considered "toxic" given the fact that people should be able to play how they want without getting complaints.
However, letting all 4 survivors bleed out just completely wastes time & is very rude because we're just trying to get into another match. It is the same thing as survivors standing in the exit gate until EGC ends.
The only exception to this is when you cannot find the survivors on the ground, but I doubt you couldn't find a single one.
Here's something toxic that's not even on the list. Play as wraith stay cloaked and body block a survivor and face the wall so nobody can uncloak you with a flashlight.
Once upon a time, unhooks could only be done from a certain angle. If the Killer stood at this exaxt point, Survivors could not get the prompt for the unhook action, making it impossible. This was referred to as facecamping.
Nowadays, unhooks can be done from any direction, making this act impossible to do.
Yea but they'll just grab you while trying to unhook then because they were staring at them on the hook or not even try to hit you when you try to fake hook rescue.
Here's something toxic that's not even on the list. Play as wraith stay cloaked and body block a survivor and face the wall so nobody can uncloak you with a flashlight.
First, you should just choose other BTW
Second, you can get burned, you just have to uncloak
Third, absolutely, I did this once to a key guy and waited for a EGC kill, gotta say it was a gratifying kill.
My steam comments were lucky to survive the wrath of angy survs.
SIDE NOTE: I don't condone this, I was being toxic and an ######### I should have just played normally and shook it off
Oh I guess my aiming is bad I'm already not good with flashlights I flashlight saved two people before and it was a ghost face both times. But the killer had noed and blood warden and wouldn't even uncloak just to down them.
I was playing in a match against a freddy and I forgot someone put an offering to make the hatch in the killer shack so I go there and I hear the sweet sounds of it but then they closed it right when I got there.
I was playing in a match against a freddy and I forgot someone put an offering to make the hatch in the killer shack so I go there and I hear the sweet sounds of it but then they closed it right when I got there.
Slug for the 4k isn't as bad. When you have a 4 man slug till they bleed out then thats just annoying and such a waste of time. They know that its unfun so they'll do it. Thankfully not alot of this happens.
Nothing that happens in-match can ever get close to what someone that's really angry and/or unpleasant in general might type in chat after the match, to me this isn't even a question.
If I had to pick an in-game action it'd be letting people bleed out on purpose for no tactical reason whatsoever though. Just a pointless waste of time just like someone waiting in the gate with the intention of leaving before any points can even be exchanged, but just like that it ultimately has no other match impact than being a waste of time.
I hate being face-camped or tunneled, but that's a gameplay style choice and at the end of the day it's a game. Throwing slurs around in the EG chat is much more toxic than anything you can do in game, both as killer and as survivor.
Keep it civil but feel free to have friendly debate.
Also, consider what BOTH sides feel not just survs. E.g is it malicious intent, or is it annoying for survivor.
Facecamp. Straight up facacamp. You have a bubba that catches you early immediately, the match is gonna be just unfun. 1 hooked. If the killer has corrupted intervention and noed, you're not gonna complete the last gen before the person on the hook dies.
The killer has a tie guaranteed so 2 people will get killed no matter what, especially with noed. And especially if you PRETEND you're not facecamping.
That's what happens if your first chase isn't long enough, and you don't make them think you're facecamping.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I think this is the only in-game thing a Killer can do that could be considered "toxic".
There is no such thing as facecamping btw, it was patched out years ago. It´s just camping.
Slugging and "Tunneling" I have 0 problems with on either side, it´s just the game.
Playing Killer/Build X is never toxic lmao.
A case could be made for hitting on hook, but it looks too hillarious to be considered malicious imo.
Endgame Chat is another story and not Killer specific.
I'm uninformed on what you mena by facecamping was patched out, could you explain please?
Once upon a time, unhooks could only be done from a certain angle. If the Killer stood at this exaxt point, Survivors could not get the prompt for the unhook action, making it impossible. This was referred to as facecamping.
Nowadays, unhooks can be done from any direction, making this act impossible to do.
oh, I see, sounds like something, the devs overlooked before release, as if there wasn't enough oversights and bugs.
thank you for the explanation.
All of the other options are just playstyles, which shouldn't be considered "toxic" given the fact that people should be able to play how they want without getting complaints.
However, letting all 4 survivors bleed out just completely wastes time & is very rude because we're just trying to get into another match. It is the same thing as survivors standing in the exit gate until EGC ends.
The only exception to this is when you cannot find the survivors on the ground, but I doubt you couldn't find a single one.
Here's something toxic that's not even on the list. Play as wraith stay cloaked and body block a survivor and face the wall so nobody can uncloak you with a flashlight.
Yea but they'll just grab you while trying to unhook then because they were staring at them on the hook or not even try to hit you when you try to fake hook rescue.
First, you should just choose other BTW
Second, you can get burned, you just have to uncloak
Third, absolutely, I did this once to a key guy and waited for a EGC kill, gotta say it was a gratifying kill.
My steam comments were lucky to survive the wrath of angy survs.
SIDE NOTE: I don't condone this, I was being toxic and an ######### I should have just played normally and shook it off
DO NOT DO THIS.
I tried to burn him with a flashlight to make them uncloak but couldn't I think he was facing the wall like I said.
I mean it isn't affected, you probably didn't get the correct angle, or didn't shine at him for 2.5 seconds.
https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/69so2y/wraith_bug/
here's a thread about it.
Closing the hatch on a survivor.
what? like what? just what?
Oh I guess my aiming is bad I'm already not good with flashlights I flashlight saved two people before and it was a ghost face both times. But the killer had noed and blood warden and wouldn't even uncloak just to down them.
I was playing in a match against a freddy and I forgot someone put an offering to make the hatch in the killer shack so I go there and I hear the sweet sounds of it but then they closed it right when I got there.
Also pretending they're going to take you to the hatch just to close it.
That's not toxic? that's literally gameplay.
I hate when Killers are still on the map after hooking. So toxic.
taking the last survivor to the hatch and then closing it/ making them open the gates then kill them
The only toxic thing a killer can do is write bad stuff to others. The rest is just playing the game.
Slug for the 4k isn't as bad. When you have a 4 man slug till they bleed out then thats just annoying and such a waste of time. They know that its unfun so they'll do it. Thankfully not alot of this happens.
Well I didn't like it. He saw me there and closed it on me.
Nothing in-game can even be compared to the harassment one can inflict in the end game chat.
ok whatever bruh
Nothing that happens in-match can ever get close to what someone that's really angry and/or unpleasant in general might type in chat after the match, to me this isn't even a question.
If I had to pick an in-game action it'd be letting people bleed out on purpose for no tactical reason whatsoever though. Just a pointless waste of time just like someone waiting in the gate with the intention of leaving before any points can even be exchanged, but just like that it ultimately has no other match impact than being a waste of time.
I hate being face-camped or tunneled, but that's a gameplay style choice and at the end of the day it's a game. Throwing slurs around in the EG chat is much more toxic than anything you can do in game, both as killer and as survivor.
Facecamp. Straight up facacamp. You have a bubba that catches you early immediately, the match is gonna be just unfun. 1 hooked. If the killer has corrupted intervention and noed, you're not gonna complete the last gen before the person on the hook dies.
The killer has a tie guaranteed so 2 people will get killed no matter what, especially with noed. And especially if you PRETEND you're not facecamping.
That's what happens if your first chase isn't long enough, and you don't make them think you're facecamping.
Running an OP addon(s) like iri head with infantry belt
There's literally no excuse for why you'd kill everyone by slugging them except for malice.