I think that the basement should have more looks to it

Every basement looks exactly the same and they could easily change how each one looks with different placements for the lockers, chests, and maybe even hooks. It shouldn't be that hard to do either.

Comments

  • The basement already looks pretty cool, however it's for sure due for some updates.

    I was really surprised to not see map specific basements with all the reworks

  • @blue4zion said:

    The basement already looks pretty cool, however it's for sure due for some updates.

    I was really surprised to not see map specific basements with all the reworks

    Yeah me too, it feels like they neglected them all. It is just to make things a little less stale in terms of looks.

  • @Yords said:

    Every basement looks exactly the same and they could easily change how each one looks with different placements for the lockers, chests, and maybe even hooks. It shouldn't be that hard to do either.

    Was thinking about this just recently.

    The shacks were supposedly (maybe was just a rumor) receiving a personalized redesign with each map graphic redesign, but they all still have their OG shackyness.

    Basements could use a personalized touch, as well... at least on the maps for realms to which certain killers belong.

    All 5 Coldwind could have the same “Billy” themed basement and shack; Trapper basements and shacks on 5 the MacMillan maps; Nurse shack and basement at the Asylum, and Clown on FCC, etc.

    It really wouldn’t have been much effort to have designed these additions with the new maps. Why they haven’t done this is a sad mystery😔

    In horror movies, the shack and the basement of the killer is the one place you don’t want to end up, and some of them are downright freaky.

    Devs have been asking what would make DBD more scary, and while everyone has their own idea of fear and what truly terrifies them, I fully believe these additions would at least add to the overall creep factor for players.

    Not to mention, that players have their favorite killers who they’ve grown to love and have become attached to. It’s only fitting that devs would give everyone a special connection to their fav character’s personality by leading them into new depths of these killer’s psychological makeup, by way of everytime we enter a shack or a basement, we see and feel the menace and horror of who it is we’re playing as, and who it is we’re being chased by.

    I hope we see these complete redesigns in the next 2 years.

  • I don't think basement should have variations, it's the only area (maybe except gates) in the game you can find in literally every map so to keep its "familiarity" charm it should be static, kinda like the shack. However I'm all in for a graphical rework, and devs are probably planning it for a later date already alongside a map rework just like how chests/totems/pallets etc got reworked alongside them without any notice.

  • @DawnMad said:

    I don't think basement should have variations, it's the only area (maybe except gates) in the game you can find in literally every map so to keep its "familiarity" charm it should be static, kinda like the shack. However I'm all in for a graphical rework, and devs are probably planning it for a later date already alongside a map rework just like how chests/totems/pallets etc got reworked alongside them without any notice.

    It would still be familiar though. What I mean is updating it graphically and messing with the walls and lockers a bit. The size would stay the same too.

  • I would like to see a basement theme based on the killer👀👀👀

  • I've felt for awhile now that the basement could use some love. At the very minimum it could be changed graphically, but I wouldn't mind a bit more than that. Back when I brainstormed some changes to the basement I thought it would be nice to have several presets the game could randomly choose from. The size would be basically be the same, but the layout and placement of things would be different just for some variety.

    I thought up some more serious changes too, but they were just for fun and didn't think about balance too much. Things like status effects for survivors that enter the basement, having basements with two ways in and one way out or vice versa, and an optional objective in the basement for survivors to individually complete that awards bloodpoints.

    Maybe one of these days we'll something changed, but I wont hold my breath.

  • I want a ping pong table and pinball machine in mine!

  • We need an arcade machine inside the basement for survivors to go down and play or for bubba to pass his time while facecamping.