Wraith builds and Strategies?
I've been playing as the Wraith alot since his changes and I'm wondering what are some builds I could try? I don't mind whether they are the most effective builds or just meme ones I just want something new to try.
Comments
+Endless Bell Add-on
Brutal Strength
Fire Up
Enduring
Spirit's Fury
20-34% faster pallet break (not counting Shadow Dance)
75% Reduced Pallet Stuns
Occasional instant pallet break
WrAiTh Is WeAk To PaLlEtS
I find perk slots more valuable than addon slots except in the case of some purple and red addons. I think it's a green addon you're burning. I wouldn't run them both, that's redundant
The "Windstorm" has gone through a pretty big change, but honestly, it's about just as much worth it as before.
Since the speed boost for uncloaking is now standard, i'm actually glad these changed, since you don't need much more than just that little bit it gives you as a standard.
But being able to go from one Generator to the next is SO good now thanks to the new versions.
One of the reasons Hillbilly is so popular is to just bolt it from point A to B.
Granted, this doesn't give you THAT amount of speed, but it's so much better than the standard speed.
Especially for maps like Azarov's Resting Place, that map kills slow Killers if the Survivors are decent or more.
Other than that, you can never go wrong with "Swift Hunt".
I'll have to do that I'l just so use to chasing like normal as wraith
Yeah, that Add-on's certainly great.
In fact, i'm surprised it's a Common, i'd expect an Uncommon rarity.
Not complaining, just...y'know.
If you use Coxcombed Clapper and "The Ghost" - Soot, then uncloak behind something close to them, you might as well be a Shape in Evil Within I, it's seriously spooky.
i mentioned this is a different thread. i'll have a feeling The ghost might get Nerfed to 3 or 4 seconds
Fun fact. For whatever reason you can't sit cloaked on top of hatch as Wraith vs a survivor with a key. It shoves you off it. Quite a good distance away actually.
I dominate with the Wraith. Consistent 4ks with the occasional 3k.
I've pipped every game I've played with him since buff.
I'm running Remember Me, Shadowborn, Ruin and BBQ
I usually run the green add on that gives them hemorrhage and mangled for surprise attack and the green add on that makes it quicker to come out of cloak.
Remember Me is good on any killer than can chase well.
You need to tunnel to make it worthwhile.
You need to stumble upon the obsession, then once you "find" them... hit them 2 times to down. If they have d strike they get off, if not... then no worries.
You need to soft camp, down again ( 3 hits) If they have borrowed time then there's an extra hit.
I usually kill the obsession with 4 hits. Sometimes 5.
That's 40 seconds on the gate or 45 seconds.
That really helps things in the end. Assuming you've already killed the obsession and maybe 1 other. It slows things down, and with the cloaking speed add ons you can check around easily.
I'm surprised no one mentioned "The Beast" - Soot. What an amazing addon. We can now use a TR based build for Wraith, and at this point survivors don't expect a cloaked Wraith when they hear the heartbeat. I guess it's not a super powerful build, but it has a strong element of surprise, and it's definitely a fun one.
I really like using it with the addon that has the puts Mangled on them. Add Distressing and Coulrophobia. You can just damage one after another, they take painfully long to heal up. I have been beaten with this build on large maps, but it worked for me beautifully on The Game and I'd expect good results on Coal Tower or other small maps. I also like to make use of complete invisibility when you stand still, watching them crawl around looking for me, expecting Leatherface or a Clown
Somewhat offtopic, but I think people should use more "fun builds" instead of tryhard builds. Like, most people don't expect Leatherface to have a Speed Limiter on. Sometimes you can actually hit one survivor two times with the same chainsaw charge, because once they're hit, they expect to go down and stop moving, which is hilarious.
I'm having success with BBQ, Ruin, Brutal Strength, and either STBFL or Sloppy Butcher. As for add-ons, any combination of Windstorm, Swift Hunt, and Shadow Dance seem to be amazing. I right now still do Swift Hunt and Windstorm but for different reasons. Also, if/when they revert the pallet stun hitbox changes, I would take off either Brutal for Enduring or put Enduring on as the 4th perk instead of STBFL or Sloppy Butcher.
Depending on your playstyle, Make Your Choice is also insane on Wraith, but I don't usually drop everything to go back to the hook because someone proc'd it.
A fun meme build to do is Enduring, Brutal Strength, Bamboozle, and Fire Up with double Shadow Dance add-ons. You incinerate pallets and delete windows. It's Delete Everything Wraith.
For that purpose, I'd rather use Sloppy Butcher. Causes them to spend more time healing themselves and less time on generators. Especially if you can get a good slug going, it can cause the game to slow down to a crawl.
Paired with Remember Me, Dying Light is lethal.
But then again, this assumes you find the obsession and can kill them quickly.
Ruin, Dying Light, Remember Me, and Blood Warden is a fantastic setup.
There's only one real build for wraith anymore:
double windstorm and anything else you want.
anything else and you either camp every hook or deal with the sadness of his extra nerf
I've played a bit with him and it still looks like chase perks (Enduring, Brutal Strength, etc) and instant down perks (NOED, Devour, etc) are still good with him.
There's this new add-on meta I've seen other wraiths use. The Ghost and ether Bone Clapper or Coxcombed Clapper for pure fuckery.
Then you got the Shadow Dance add-ons mixed with Brutal Strength for pure Pallet/Generator destruction or with Bamboozle for window denial.
Overall, not bad considering what he was like before.