The killers I feel have potential
The Demogorgon and Pig.
The Demogorgon I feel is a meh killer just in general, but I think he only needs a few good changes and a buff. His shred is very helpful in a chase, but I feel like the rat liver is needed to use the shred ability much better. It is significantly harder to use without it. I feel like the effect of the rat liver should be base kit. This means that the speed you walk when charging your shred attack is 101%. His addons could also use some tweaking because they are just really weak for the rarity that they are, just look at the egg addon.
His portals and atmospheric feeling are another thing that holds him back. For example, if you hear him screaming at the start, you know it is a Demogorgon immediately when he does any action. It sounds great, hearing a monster screech and you hear it across the map, but it lets everyone know if he is in a chase. His portals do the same thing, if he uses one, everyone else will know to watch out for him. The undetectable status effect is also pretty useless since he stomps his feet so loud and it is so short. It should last at least 5 seconds after the animation of the Demogorgon getting out of the portal is finished. The demo just needs some fine-tuning and he will be much better. (note: I meant just the atmospheric noises he makes holds him back, I think they should at least reduce the range to 32-40 meters)
The Pig on the other hand, I feel is a weak killer in general. Her power right now is entirely reliant on RNG, so it will either do quite a bit of damage or almost nothing. Her ambush, I feel is in a decent spot. The ambush I feel is great in certain loops in a chase and should be tweaked just a bit. Her addons are another problem, her addons are pretty bad for the most part. The only good addons are lower-tier ones, the same as demo. The stealth I feel is fine, I think it should be used as it has been since her release, it is an ambush after all. People only use the stealth part when they know where a survivor will be.
The thing I feel people overlook is that she has the ability (a very hit or miss, but most of the time miss power) to pressure survivors without being in a chase. When a trap is active, the survivor with the RBT on them can only search boxes to get their trap off, meaning they are not doing generators. Unless they are a total noob or are drugged, they will never be working on a generator during this time. This means you can focus on other people while having less to worry about. This concept right here is great and should definitely be reworked to a point where it is fun and unique.
The Demogorgon is pretty simple compared to Pig so I feel like he should just get the spotlight first, but only for a short time. As I said, he just needs a little fine-tuning and bam, you got yourself a possible A tier killer.
The Pig as I also said is more complex, but the more difficult part is her RBT's and how they work. If you fix her then you got yourself a high B tier killer at least (idk it depends on how the devs change her traps).
I would love for a massive update purely for killer reworks and fixing the game, but we all know that will never happen, or at least soon enough. :(
Comments
I was up against an incredible rank 1 Demo the other day that didn’t use any perks, and only rat liver. We were on Haddonfield and he decimated us. He was excellent with Shred, and used the portals to great effect as a tracking tool and set little traps for us. The best Demo I’ve ever seen.
I agree. I have seen some amazing Demos just ######### ######### up.
Perhaps we don't credit enough the skill needed to be really god tier with the old demodog.
And pig, her dash can be very strong (in certain loops of course) and if she predicts when you try to leave accurately it is really hard to get away from her
Certainly . You are correct. And as a Spirit main. Having played tons of survivor.
Hats off to all of you maintaining high ranks, keeping it fun, kicking our ass, with killers that don't get enough love!!!!!
thx, I have been trying to relearn billy after his rework, his chainsaw is still funky but I am working on it.
Sounds nice, but how does he use the portals as tracking? Did he place them in spots where he knows you would immediately try to destroy them?
When Demo charges his shred; it reveals the heartbeat of any survivor that is on or fairly close to his activated (previously used) portal.
So all you have to do is randomly charge shred and you'll give away locations if they are on one.
Demo charging shred with rat liver is 101%, not 105. And Demo's portal are absolutely not what's holding him back, the only thing that's holding him back is his reliance on rat liver if you want to zone survivors at every loop (And his add-ons being underwhelming if you consider that a downside). His portals are the strongest thing about his power. If you're smart with them and don't place them in obvious locations, he has the best map mobility in the game with deer lung.
Demo doesn't need any changes (except rat liver movement speed as default), and if people learned how to use both aspects of his power properly, people will finally realise just how good he is.
ik but he made it seem like he made that happen more often, I can forget to do that sometimes.
He was just relentlessly placing portals and teleporting at every opportunity and constantly using Of The Abyss to see if anybody was near any.
All killers have potential.
I have seen strong Demo and Pig players at Rank 1 that decimate survivor teams.
Also what's this about survivors only being able to puzzle boxes when RBT'd? That's not true. I've seen many survivors work on gens while RBT'd and still escape at the end. I have also escaped with an RBT on my head on several occasions and that was both before and after the EGC nerf.
ah, I forgot how fast he was with the rat liver. What I meant to say was that the noise survivors can hear when he enters a portal makes it easier for the survivors to tell when he is using it every time, in fact his portals aren't the problem and I probably should have read over that part.
I wouldn't say he has the best map mobility because survivors can get rid of his portals and he has to place a portal where he wants to go before he can use it to travel to a certain part of a map. I feel like billy and freddy have the best map mobility., and freddy on indoor maps.
Some more than others in their current state. I said that survivors 99.99% of the time don't work on generators when they have an active trap on their head.
I won't deny that some have more than others.
But right now every killer is more than capable of doing well at Rank 1.
That's what you gotta do to play demi at rank 1.
That and almost never miss shred.
Oh I see, I have done that but could never find the survivors because they were using urban immersion around the map.
Like any killer, you can't afford many mistakes. Maybe a missed swing here and there but for example, if you go to an area of the map as huntress thinking survivors are there because you assumed they would go there, you can lose a lot of pressure if they aren't there. Playing killer is hard because you are massively punished when making mistakes.