So...
Behavior yo when are you guys gonna announce the new HUD is not making it live because no one likes it literally no one yo hey still waiting on that post.
Behavior yo when are you guys gonna announce the new HUD is not making it live because no one likes it literally no one yo hey still waiting on that post.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I doubt that there will be some statement before, I guess we will know when the Patch goes live and see the Patch Notes/Chapter Content.
Also not sure if they are even able to change much between PTB and Live Release, because if we remember, Content for The Twins also needed to be brought to the game via Hotfixes, despite being reported from the players on Day 1 of the PTB.
BUT BHVR will know that the majority of players are unhappy with the UI-Changes. The Forum, Social Media and basically every Streamer I watched did not like the changes.
IF for whatever reason the Devs want to stick with the new UI, they better write exactly WHY they wanted to change it, including what future features will be added. Because the Features added are not really needed (in my opinion, I dont need any Hook Counters or Potraits from Survivors, I also dont need to know which Button is M2 and what to do in the game) and even if they think they are needed, there was no reason to change the UI in that way just for those features.
They can change things before they go live but they usually just choose not too because they like pushing things live but ill tell you now pushing this new UI live would be dumb it's a horrible design even them trying to justify this would be stupid it's terrible.
According to a Forum Post they have 5 days to change things. This was mentioned regaarding the Twins-Chapter, if it is the same for the Midchapter (I guess so, since they need to make sure that the Update will roll out on all Platforms when it should), then they already changed the UI back or did not do so.
I think I like it.
I don't know about the rest but sure would be nice to know who your obsession is at the beginning of trial before losing any stbfl stacks to find out and the portraits will help with that. Also as for hook counters I can think of multiple times where i swore a survivor had one more hook state left and they didn't the 4th got hatch because of it (I like to maximize points so I extend games).
If the new UI wasn't as spread out as it is, it would honestly better than the current one for a multitude of reasons.
Like I said, I dont need it, was completely my opinion. I have so many hours in this game and never felt the need for those features, so I will not need them in general. e.g. for the Obsession, I wait shortly before hitting them and for Hooks, I can remember it.
Surely does not mean that everyone can remember that, was just speaking for my own experience.
I know it was just an opinion so was my post. So to my knowledge right now you have to try to remember the names of everyone's name and skin in lobby. So trial starts chargernick is obsession oh **** who was he again. Not to mention I have easy name lots of weird ones out there and my memory not so good. No matter what is changed or updated someone somewhere will not like it. All you can do is hope it aint you.
I found it interesting that the survey had no mention of the HUD. On the other hand, no need for that anymore, everywhere you look you see nothing but dislike regarding the feature.
I still don't understand how it made it past the design phase with the placement of elements and the decision to not use the drawn survivor faces.
Basic game design tells you that as much information as possible should be visible with the least amount of eye movement as possible, as the player should be focusing on the game and not looking around for one piece of information. Early examples of this are Super Mario, Doom, Super Metroid, and Turok.