Didn't devs say that they will add a new mechanic at the beginning of the match to help killers?

So... if i remember correctly they said they will add something like endgame collapse mechanic at the beginning of the match to help the killers have this needed pressure early on. What happened? did they forget about it or am i just imaging things ?

Comments

  • They will add it, decide it is too op after 4 months and then remove it and buff gen speed to compensate

  • When I heard that, I was kind of hoping they would make corrupt basekit and nerf/rework regressions perks. My biggest problem is when the game spawns survivors separately on different generators. Find one, three pop, and still plenty of resources to work with. In situations like that, I'm glad I'm a nurse main.

  • Yeah, early game collapse is what they called it iirc. That was announced 7 months ago however.

  • Might come, might not. IMO it is not really needed, there is Corrupt Intervention and it is totally fine to invest a Perk Slot for that.

    I can also imagine that it is a pain to balance such a thing, because something that affects all Killers will be hard to balance, considering that something that is helpful for Trapper is completely unneccessary and probably oppressive on Spirit ( for example).

  • Devs say lots of things so "fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me".

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    yeah behaviour suddenly forgot about it. they just woke up one day and said "huh, early game collapse?"

    of course they scrapped it. entity forbid that they add a base-game mechanic to alleviate the stress and difficulty of playing killer

    Wow you think it’s all about killer vs survivor just stop it’s not about that they have to completely rework the beginning game while balancing it for all killers and not making it abusable. They did the same thing for endgame collapse everyone said the same thing that it won’t happen cause of killers fun and yet we still got it just stop trying

  • They say a-hella-lot when the day is long enough.

  • They never even fixed the camera pan at the beginning of each match. It used have no music at the start, and instead would play a atmospheric, wind-whooshing kinda sound as the camera pans, immediately followed by the actual match music.

    This has been broken since the Blight release

    Hopefully they’ll fix it soon, really enjoyed that sfx

  • @FastestVirginia said:

    So... if i remember correctly they said they will add something like endgame collapse mechanic at the beginning of the match to help the killers have this needed pressure early on. What happened? did they forget about it or am i just imaging things ?

    They said it’s something they’re exploring, and at the time were experimenting with ideas.

    But I reckon they’ll never go ahead with it. It’s really not needed since some of the redesigns of older maps and the design of some newer maps.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1880900#Comment_1880900

    tell me how many times a survivor has died to egc in your last 25 games. probably max 1 and that's because of hiding all game. i've not seen more than 1 survivor in my last 25 games die to egc when the exit gates were open. the only thing i really notice is the elimination of hatch duels and survs hiding forever

    if they have to completely rework the game so be it. it's their job to make the game balanced, and it won't be fixed by pasting band-aid perks

    Survivors should not die to EGC tho. EGC is not a thing to give Killers more Kills.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1881015#Comment_1881015

    so what is this notion that egc is killer-sided? if anything, it's just a flawed system to get rid of infinite games and hatch duels.

    there are definitely situations where EGC favors killer side greatly. Making some otherwise ez hook rescues impossible or making some edge cases with blood warden ez kills that wouldn’t be possible without the timer.

    but it’s commonly agreed on that a way to prevent those infinite matches, and it’s okay that a mechanic is killer sided. But you really shouldn’t deny it..

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1881015#Comment_1881015

    so what is this notion that egc is killer-sided? if anything, it's just a flawed system to get rid of infinite games and hatch duels.

    EGC is killer-sided, simply for the fact that the Survivors die instead of escape. But in general, yes, it is just a mechanic to bring an end to the game. And it is not flawed at all under this aspect.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1881040#Comment_1881040

    the timer is slowed down by half when a survivor is on hook or dying, so it's unlikely it's going to be a problem when going for rescues. besides in egc with decisive strike or borrowed time it's usually a guaranteed escape anyways. blood warden is garbage and is countered by leaving. it's really not killer sided, it's basically telling the survivors to stop stalling and do your rescue or escape somewhat quicker. if a killer has to really depend on egc for kills and defending hooked survivor, that means they've already lost the game.

    i do admit it is killer sided in the fact that survivors don't have infinite time to stall, but it barely makes a difference in the outcome of a game, which is what really matters.

    "but it barely makes a difference in the outcome of a game, which is what really matters."

    It should not make a difference in the outcome of a game. It is not meant to be a hand-holding mechanic for Killers.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Might come, might not. IMO it is not really needed, there is Corrupt Intervention and it is totally fine to invest a Perk Slot for that.

    I can also imagine that it is a pain to balance such a thing, because something that affects all Killers will be hard to balance, considering that something that is helpful for Trapper is completely unneccessary and probably oppressive on Spirit ( for example).

    Hmm,i would say that changing the way survivors spawn to make them always spawn together a simple yet extremely effective change.

  • Yeah, it’s called drop a whole perk slot on corrupt intervention or have 3 gens pop in 2 minutes.

  • I am starting to see more Swf teams just hide and do nothing for the first few minutes when running Corrupt. Benefit gone

  • Did you really believe that? LMAO

    Even if they're actually working on something like that, expect It to come out in about 2-3 years.

  • The devs say a lot of things.

  • @FastestVirginia said:

    So... if i remember correctly they said they will add something like endgame collapse mechanic at the beginning of the match to help the killers have this needed pressure early on. What happened? did they forget about it or am i just imaging things ?

    Didn't democrats say they were gonna give you $2,000 of your own money back if you voted for them? I have a bridge to sell you btw. lol


    On a serious level, chances are, if they felt they didn't have enough bp yet to take the risk of being tunneled as the first guy caught mosts urvivors would probably start hook suiciding if it was something too tedious. Not gonna lie, if I felt the time was better spent getting a jumpstart into a fresh queue and it was gonna be a rough match I'd probably start doing it too if it took too much of my time. Since I don't bring a calculator when I play games but in any game with a hefty grind I don't like wasting a lot of time for nothing or only somebodye lse's progression either. It ain't ever fun for me to be horribly inefficient in a grindy game. If it didn't have the grind or such a hefty one I wouldn't do that though, but my sense of fun shifts when grinds are introduced.

    Left 4 Dead is a case in point,.. I played those games for about 3 1/2 years and didn't touch much else besides modded oblivion and new vegas a few times until I got addicted to league instead. I just had fun, didn't stress often over wins in left 4 dead, most matches without people excessively toxic felt fun, but in games with long grinds and tiny sense of progression it's completely the opposite. I can't feel i'm having fun when there's stuff to grind, especially when it's power, and I feel I've gotten almost no progress made. The main reasons besides mtx that I've hardly played any multiplayer games besides left 4 dead and league in the past 10 years. Ironically, mmorpgs are the exception for me. Anything else being grindy and I lose interest if I can't play efficiently.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1881040#Comment_1881040

    the timer is slowed down by half when a survivor is on hook or dying, so it's unlikely it's going to be a problem when going for rescues. besides in egc with decisive strike or borrowed time it's usually a guaranteed escape anyways. blood warden is garbage and is countered by leaving. it's really not killer sided, it's basically telling the survivors to stop stalling and do your rescue or escape somewhat quicker. if a killer has to really depend on egc for kills and defending hooked survivor, that means they've already lost the game.

    i do admit it is killer sided in the fact that survivors don't have infinite time to stall, but it barely makes a difference in the outcome of a game, which is what really matters.

    It can be a problem for rescues and there definitely have been a few games for me where I had to leave someone on hook because once i rescue the timer goes on normally and we both wouldn’t make it. And bringing DS and BT as arguments is also problematic, I pretty much never use DS, and BT only sometimes, and I shouldn’t be forced to do so just because a mechanic that prevents stalling which I didn’t do in the first place.

    it’s okay, I don’t say they should change it. But it is still killer sided as it gifts them that sacrifice just because EGC exists.

    (this can of course be easily circumvented with 99ing the gate and good coordination. but playing in SoloQ, that’s not always possible.)