To all Survivors who wait in Exits

This is a hearfelt request from someone who's just trying to enjoy killer matches. For the love of the Entity, LEAVE! I seriously don't need to see you butt dancing at me for 4 minutes, and I'm pretty sure your queue times are already long enough, so please please PLEASE use those 4 minutes when it's clear I'm not coming to go wait in the lobby! Let us all move onto our next match for once!

Comments

  • @criminal said:

    If they drag the game in gate they should lose some bps.

    after the game opens - 30 sec = 5,000 bps

    30 - 1 min = 4,500 bps

    1-1.30 min= 4,000 bps

    1.30-2 min = 3,500 bps

    2-2.30 min = 3,000 bps

    If you go for unhook you should get more bps during end game otherwise just leave and stop farming

    Why not get those extra BPs during the end though? It is a farm that gives you more points as well as me, so its harmless. Just hit them out and you both get extra points, easy enough. They already shown they can escape, at that point if all 4 are there you probably need the extra points from that killer match, and as a survivor, well its just easy bloodpoints to go on top, no matter the number you already have.

  • When I'm at the gate I either:

    A - If they have had a rough match, and I know they won't gain many BP that game, I'll let them get 2 hits on me at the gate, that's 1K points. It may seem like nothing but if every survivor did that, that's 4K which ain't bad.

    B - Just leave, if I'm confident everyone is able to escape I.e no noed and all healthy ppl, then I'll just leave.

    C - If I get to a gate with an injured survivor or myself Injured, then I'll heal up before leaving to gain those extra BP, because as I said in reason 'A', little bits of BP there stack up :) and cmon it's free BP, not gonna waste it am I.

    D - If the killer has been somewhat toxic, or shown some toxicitity, it's only fair to give them a taste of their own medicine, so I'll teabag. It's called karma.

    But I know alot of survivors aren't like me and always teabag, whether they've been toxic or not. These survivors are just pathetic, imagine being you, bless ya cotton socks xo

  • @EvilBarney666 said:

    I actually like when they hang out there. It gives me time to break any pallets I might have missed as well as being able to find and close the hatch for extra points.

    Plus it denies them their gloating. So I look at it as a win for me and them helping me get some last min points.

    Yep, if I see them all in the gate. I immediately head elsewhere. Not giving them the satisfaction.

  • @Afius said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1880262#Comment_1880262

    It's like a 1% chance that a survivor is trying to be nice at the exit gate I agree. I only wait at the exit gate if the person was being a jerk or if my teammates aren't there and haven't escaped. Reducing bloodpoints because of it would encourage just leaving people that are hooked at the EGC which would suck. I mean a way they could possibly work around that is the reduced bloodpoints are paused when a survivor is hooked or in a chase but even then if a survivor forgot where an exit gate was they're getting screwed. They could have it where it's reduced when you are only in the exit gate area but it really doesn't change much you'd just have them right outside it'd be slightly better but not fix it.

    what I want is if they wait to long in the exit gate area they get pushed out of the exit area and put back in the middle of the map.

  • @ill_Boston_lli said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1879622#Comment_1879622

    I mean if a killer is nodding and facecamping and doing all that fun toxic stuff why not sit at the gate until last second? Tunneling and camping are fine by me but actually facecamping and bming on hook yeah you earned the wait.

    So true. Killers can do soooo much to survivors but the minute we do... get over it.

  • We have a 25% chance of survival so we can dance all we want.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1880440#Comment_1880440

    It's not a question of difficulty, more of a pride thing. 9 times out of 10 people will be hanging at the exit gate to showboat, and will do so as long as possible, pulling away at the last second to deny you points for the hit (and I assume to get themselves another won chase). You should not have to take part in that, if they want to hang around and extend the game for no reason, it's on them.

    If survivors are hanging around inside the exit, then push them out. I just don't understand why killers complain if they aren't willing to do that (it's silly). Pride? It's a game.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1881069#Comment_1881069

    If survivors are hanging around inside the exit, then push them out. I just don't understand why killers complain if they aren't willing to do that (it's silly). Pride? It's a game.

    Whether it's a game or not you are still interacting with people, so if certain players want to hang around for a chance to add insult to injury, I will quite happily AFK in a corner and spend that minute constructively rather than give them their satisfaction.

  • @Mikeasaurus said:

    This is a hearfelt request from someone who's just trying to enjoy killer matches. For the love of the Entity, LEAVE! I seriously don't need to see you butt dancing at me for 4 minutes, and I'm pretty sure your queue times are already long enough, so please please PLEASE use those 4 minutes when it's clear I'm not coming to go wait in the lobby! Let us all move onto our next match for once!

    Here's what you do, my dude. If you don't like a certain kind of behavior, punish it.

    My favorite way to do that is running Deathslinger with Blood Warden and Noed. People want to dance in the exit gates? Spear em? Reel em out of the gate, you can down with one hit, throw em on a hook. That sets off Blood Warden, so you've got some extra time to pick off the rest.

    It's similar to a survivor, if you don't want killers tunneling you, run DS and shank em with a broken beer bottle.

  • @ArchFox said:

    If I wait at the exit it's usually to see whether another survivor gets hooked so I can go rescue them, or to let the killer get in a free hit.

    For your first sentence, I just hope that you don't come across a killer with Blood Warden.

  • Most survivors wait at the exit gates so that they can go back into the fray and save other survivors if needed... And maybe BM a little

  • And the worst thing is that in the rework of the animations the devs said that they improved the movement of the tbag so that the players continue to enjoy doing it =/

  • @ShamelessPigMain said:

    Look, I'm a killer main but I can recognize that there's usually a purpose to this. Leaving will remove you from the equation, so it essentially abandons other survivors who may not be at a gate. If they're all just waiting there, then they're just trying to assert dominance and there's nothing you can do. It's not always toxic either; sometimes, it can be like what soccer players do after a match. I get item donations if survivors feel I played well too.

    As for teabagging at the gates, that's half the reason I run NOED and blood warden.

    oh ######### someone actually notices the donations hahahaha. I will ALWAYS give an item up if a killer either was nice to let me go, played really well and waits at the gate head nodding us leaving. It's really a gesture of "hey thanks for the game" than it is toxic


    But I am also toxic too. and i want to dance end gate. I give you an extra hit but really I just want to taunt you. Usually if you tunneled someone or kept going back to hooks. Sometimes I just want the timer to go down to if I felt the killer was being toxic as well, and I will make you wait the game out. :) Don't care about wasting my time in that scenario, I enjoy being a little toxic at times

  • This is why I run blood warden lol once scored a 3k because 2 decided to be dicks like that with under a min left get one with a hatchet and grabbed before they ran hooked and boom insta save and me just nodding at them as the entity kills them

  • Well, you cant expect much of people that butt-dance. They just arent capable of anything more.

  • @JPA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1882657#Comment_1882657

    Whether it's a game or not you are still interacting with people, so if certain players want to hang around for a chance to add insult to injury, I will quite happily AFK in a corner and spend that minute constructively rather than give them their satisfaction.

    That's fine. Just don't come to the forum and complain about the survivors not leaving if you're not willing to push them out.

  • Just wondering but is survivors waiting at the exits wasting time as annoying as killers slugging making us bleed out instead of hooking, again wasting time?

  • @HawkAyeTheNoo said:

    Just wondering but is survivors waiting at the exits wasting time as annoying as killers slugging making us bleed out instead of hooking, again wasting time?

    Its all situational typically i would only do this if i think the person may have ds or has been super annoying (i.e clicky-clicky t-bagger) during the match or if i want the extra bp for closing hatch. Even then id rather just hook them and move on because i know they have a longer wait for the next match anyways. I'm also not very toxic when i play survivor because i hate all that clicky clicky tbag stuff so this doesnt happen to me like ever.

    On the other hand lets say matchmaking really screws me over and i get a group of survivors waaayyyy out of my league. 3 gens get done before i get my first down and when i try to get my first hook the whole team is there to make sure i dont get it with multiple flashlights or a body block wiggle out. At this point the game is over for me because i know the rest of the gens are gonna be done before i get another down. Unless I'm running NOED there is no point, so i find my self a corner and just wait for the match to end, and have people running around clicking at me. Then when they finish the gens they come back so i open the gate and corner up again and still have them waiting till the timer runs out, and all i want is to move on to the next match.

    So you tell me which one sounds more annoying

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    The same tired discussion responses are going to be posted, just so you know.

    "but I want blood points"

    "They are just being toxic don't let it get to you"

    "I don't see what's so toxic about that?"

    "Grow a thicker skin!"

    "but I am just being friendly!"

    "Well stop camping/tunelling/etc"

    "It doesn't take that long it's only a couple minutes"

    "I am waiting for ___ person"

    "Something about EGC"

    "It's a free hit so why are you complaining?"

    "is it THAT hard to just make them leave it takes seconds"

    "I am just celebrating"

    You get the point. This discussion has been done so many times it never amounts to anything productive I am sorry to say. Someone is going to say something akin to one of those lines, and it's going to change into a discussion about an entirely different topic lol.

    EDIT: hey we can play bingo like this....

    @Mikeasaurus said:

    This is a hearfelt request from someone who's just trying to enjoy killer matches. For the love of the Entity, LEAVE! I seriously don't need to see you butt dancing at me for 4 minutes, and I'm pretty sure your queue times are already long enough, so please please PLEASE use those 4 minutes when it's clear I'm not coming to go wait in the lobby! Let us all move onto our next match for once!

    Survivors staying in the exit gates often net me additional kills at the end of the game, so I would actually prefer more survivors to stay in and not leave immediately. Things like STBFL, Tombstone Myers, Huntress with both haft add-ons, and Insidious usually help with taking them back into the match to kill them.

1 2 ›