New Maps Wishlist

It's been too long!

I love the graphic updates, but I wish we could've at least had one new map over the past 7 months.

While I wait, these are the ideas I've been thinking would be incredible:

1) GRAVEYARD (including mausoleum)

2) ABANDONNED AMUSEMENT PARK (roller coaster, funhouse, merry go round, etc)

3) INDOOR MALL (yes like dawn of the dead)

That is all,

xo

Comments

  • I think a mall would work well with maybe an 80s horror licence chapter, if there is a scene with them in a mall!

    (Idk I can just envision it, the gens in shops and the exit gates looking like mall entrances and exits)

  • Well, when asked about a new map in the last QnA, they said;

    "SoonTM."

    So, there is a chance that the upcoming chapter will come with a map.

    But soon also tends to mean "9 months from now" with BHVR

  • A world war 1 battlefield

    50's noir city (like shadows of evil in BO3)

    Those are the two I think would be dope.

  • A pier at night, an abandoned cemetery, an abandoned camp and some kind of terrifying university would be nice to have.

  • I've been wanting a proper fair grounds themed map for Clown for awhile now. Especially now that the carnival area of Father Campbell's Church looks horrible with the new map update.

    I also would like to see something akin to New York's LES back in the the day, so an indoor/outdoor urban environment with a mix of dilapidated commercial and residential buildings. Below is a picture for reference.

    LES.jpg


  • A Map with a big lake. There is not really any inclusion of water in the current Maps, would be happy to see a big Lake (even tho, this would probably mean it is in a Corner of the Map, because being in the center of a Map is quite hard to manage).

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    A Map with a big lake. There is not really any inclusion of water in the current Maps, would be happy to see a big Lake (even tho, this would probably mean it is in a Corner of the Map, because being in the center of a Map is quite hard to manage).

    I hope they are saving this for Camp Crystal Lake...

  • @GingerBeard said:

    I've been wanting a proper fair grounds themed map for Clown for awhile now. Especially now that the carnival area of Father Campbell's Church looks horrible with the new map update.

    I also would like to see something akin to New York's LES back in the the day, so an indoor/outdoor urban environment with a mix of dilapidated commercial and residential buildings. Below is a picture for reference.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/S3EUPATCKW63/les.jpg

    This sounds exactly like a Candyman map...

  • @chieften333 said:

    A world war 1 battlefield

    50's noir city (like shadows of evil in BO3)

    Those are the two I think would be dope.

    Noir city is very cool, I'd love a black and white map done well.

    Similarly, I was thinking if devs ever decided to make a PSYCHO chapter, the Bates Motel and iconic house would be awesome black and white too.

  • Graveyard eh not to sure if i like the idea it fits the theme of it but how would you design a graveyard to work in dbd the killer would be able to see you miles away since there would be nothing but tombstones.


    Amusement park I like this idea personally that's what the clowns map should have been.


    Mall not a bad idea id be down to mess ######### up in a Hot topic LMFAO.

  • It's a bit surprising there is a distinct lack of urban maps

  • @Chchchcheryl said:

    I think a mall would work well with maybe an 80s horror licence chapter, if there is a scene with them in a mall!

    (Idk I can just envision it, the gens in shops and the exit gates looking like mall entrances and exits)

    Dawn of the Dead is late 70s, but yes there are other 80s slashers that take place in malls. Chopping Mall, Hide and Go Shriek, Phantom of the Mall: Eric's Revenge...

  • @MonsterInMyMind said:

    Graveyard eh not to sure if i like the idea it fits the theme of it but how would you design a graveyard to work in dbd the killer would be able to see you miles away since there would be nothing but tombstones.

    Amusement park I like this idea personally that's what the clowns map should have been.

    Mall not a bad idea id be down to mess ######### up in a Hot topic LMFAO.

    I think a graveyard could be populated similar to other maps like Red Forest or McMillan's. Besides tombstones (of different sizes) there are also crypts and trees and statues etc. A main building would be the mausoleum.

    I basically think a Phantasm chapter would be perfect for this.

  • I like all the ones in the OP.

    I'd also like to see . . .

    • A ghostly mansion ala Clue
    • A cruise ship ala the haunted Queen Mary
    • An abandoned zoo (which could have all kinds of terrain simulating the animals habitats)
    • A library or a museum (or both)
  • @Splinterverse said:

    I like all the ones in the OP.

    I'd also like to see . . .

    • A ghostly mansion ala Clue
    • A cruise ship ala the haunted Queen Mary
    • An abandoned zoo (which could have all kinds of terrain simulating the animals habitats)
    • A library or a museum (or both)

    A cruise ship could be really cool. As you open the exit gate, a small rescue ship could slowly creep up to you through the fog.