Host migration
So I see plenty of posts asking for dedicated servers and while I'm unsure why this game dosent already have them.. I have a suggestion. Implent host migration, if the killers internet is bad, switch it to the best connection for all players. It may solve the horrendous ping in a lot of matches and I would assume ( though I have limited tech knowledge) it would be easier to implement.
Comments
One, they never installed monitors on their servers which is why SWF groups have to regroup when dodged. Without these monitors in place, the system cannot save a lobby before migrating it to another host.
Two, if it migrates to a survivor and that survivor dies in the match and leaves, the game ends for everybody. This is why it's set up the way it is.
And this is why we need dedicated servers. I know Free WoW Servers with dedicated servers with twice DBD's Max Overall Pbase. Lol they dont have any excuses.
Game is made with P2P in mind, meaning all the netcode relies on P2P. Neither the devs nor their publisher expected the game to be the success it's been, so they had to cut costs where they could.