Could DBD introduce a form of casual queue of very small games?

Something to perhaps cater to the players that don't want to play optimally and/or want to practice with no bearing to rank and the new MMR being reinstated soon.

I'm suggesting a casual queue with a version of the game that has a 3 gen setup and players are instantly sacrificed 1 hook. End game collapse also being halved. Outcome of match still providing BP but no xp. Rendering tunnelling/camping impossible and gen rushing impossible and holding the game hostage almost impossible.

I also suggest a skirmish mode while loading similar to Overwatch where you can practice chase with survivors/killers.

My reasoning is I'm finding downtime between games so high for game time being so low. I have played DBD since the beginning and when I go to other games I find it uncanny that DBD doesn't offer anything else other than one matchmaking system. With the player counts reaching records with new chapters lately surely there is no better time to focus on player retention and provide ways for players to practice?

Thoughts?

Comments

  • Imagine the queue times.

  • Queue times are already getting bad. Concurrent players on steam has been on a steady decline since last chapter. I'm just saying dbd have a golden formula here for fun and competition there has got to be a forwards step to take to keep players interested after the next chapter release. Look at games like counter-strike, gmod, rocket league etc. They have the advantage of not appealing to a niche market yes, however, they give their players the option to practice publicly.

  • dont know if you noticed but players are absolute ######### on the ptb which is basically exactly what you are asking for soooo probably wont work.

    what people need to do is stop caring about rank and mmr in the future, go play your normal games casually and do whatever you feel like doing or trying, who cares if it fails and everyone dies? move on to the next game, nothing bad happens.

  • Then what is the point of rank and mmr? Dismissing it and pretending it doesn't exist is just proof of poor design. Something needs to change eventually. Why can't you use that same argument in the League of Legends subreddit? Because they have created a ranked and casual system that works! Casual queue is quick and competitive queue takes a little longer. I don't play ptb because it's too far away but I've seen the games and it suits. That's why I suggested a smaller gamemode.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    Then what is the point of rank and mmr? Dismissing it and pretending it doesn't exist is just proof of poor design. Something needs to change eventually. Why can't you use that same argument in the League of Legends subreddit? Because they have created a ranked and casual system that works! Casual queue is quick and competitive queue takes a little longer. I don't play ptb because it's too far away but I've seen the games and it suits. That's why I suggested a smaller gamemode.

    the only point is to put people of equal skill together....however that is deterimined is beyond anyones guesses because this game has no real win criteria but whatever.

    If you want to as you say "not play optimally" aka mess around and/or practice....then just go ahead and do that, rank does not matter, it does not give you more or less points if you Derank, if anything it will give you more space for your practicing because now you go (if it miraculously would actually work) against worse players.

  • a casual gamemode is the only thing this game has lol

  • @BioX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1875875#Comment_1875875

    the only point is to put people of equal skill together....however that is deterimined is beyond anyones guesses because this game has no real win criteria but whatever.

    If you want to as you say "not play optimally" aka mess around and/or practice....then just go ahead and do that, rank does not matter, it does not give you more or less points if you Derank, if anything it will give you more space for your practicing because now you go (if it miraculously would actually work) against worse players.

    Yes but there is still other players that do. How is having something that benefits all players bad? If I 'mess around' in someones rank 1 game. It's griefing.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1875879#Comment_1875879

    Yes but there is still other players that do. How is having something that benefits all players bad? If I 'mess around' in someones rank 1 game. It's griefing.

    it isnt, its you playing the game, if you truely are griefing then that is not wanted in some casual game either honestly.


    im not against having it, im saying it wont do what you want it to do and im telling to not limit yourself by rank, it means nothing, have fun, do what you want, so what if you derank or rank up?

  • Cannot see eye to eye with you I just don't understand your perspective or where you're coming from. Me personally I can't just accept what the rank system is and shrug my shoulders. I want change I crave it.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    Cannot see eye to eye with you I just don't understand your perspective or where you're coming from. Me personally I can't just accept what the rank system is and shrug my shoulders. I want change I crave it.

    I dont know how you cannot understand my perspective, what you desire is already in the game, its the 1 mode the game has, you give yourself the burden of demanding of yourself that you play seriously and play well, im here to tell you that it does not matter, have fun, do what you would have done in this casual mode you desire but just do it in the one mode we have already.

  • I want the choice though. I can't have both doesn't work in my incredible impeccable logic gates.

  • Multiple game modes with similar design won't happen, because devs don't want to split the playerbase.

    Also, any casual mode will instantly turn to shitshow of camping Bubbas and insta-DCs

  • @Bumbus said:

    Multiple game modes with similar design won't happen, because devs don't want to split the playerbase.

    Also, any casual mode will instantly turn to shitshow of camping Bubbas and insta-DCs

    Why though?

    Noticed your use of an absolute there. How? Did you read my suggestion? Sure dcs might happen but does it matter?

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1876208#Comment_1876208

    Why though?

    Noticed your use of an absolute there. How? Did you read my suggestion? Sure dcs might happen but does it matter?

    Dunno. But they're having hard times with keeping both sides in appropriate numbers in a single game mode, so no surprise.

    I did, but I don't see anything that would prevent people from being dicks. Nothing really can, but if you collect a lot of people who want to just have fun in a single place - everyone who wants to have fun through humiliating other players will be there. Just as people who want to have fun and don't care about others. And yes, it actually matters, because there is little fun when 5 of 6 games end by DC.

  • But I'm saying it's a single hook gamemode on a 3 gen setup. So if you get downed and dc there isnt much of a difference other than the killer not having to spend time to use a hook.


    EDIT: My suggestion isn't about reduction of toxicity but a way to practice for the real deal.

  • @Toblerone007 said:

    But I'm saying it's a single hook gamemode on a 3 gen setup. So if you get downed and dc there isnt much of a difference other than the killer not having to spend time to use a hook.

    Yeah, so why killer would play this mode? He doesn't get points for DC.

  • Compensate them like they do with ranked matches. I think killer would like it because it's practicing defending a 3 gen in a close match.

  • Also people DC even before they are downed.

    Doctor - DC.

    Plague - DC.

    Nurse - DC.

    Freddy - DC.

    Spirit - DCDCDCDCDC

  • Why though? I've vsd and played most those killers and never have dc'd. Whats the difference?