#Make Freddy Great Again
I am starting a movement. As a Freddy main, I am asking all players who like to play Freddy and or main him what they think some good ideas would be to help him be better. Any ideas are welcome. We know the Devs are working on giving a quality of life change to Freddy. I would like all your ideas. I have seen other posts, I feel we can place all of our suggestions here and perhaps the devs can look back on this post and get the communities ideas on Freddy.
1: Make the base transition 4 or 5 seconds
2: Make it so failed self care skill checks can not wake you up
3: Make it so as soon as you hit someone with the dream transition powers it stops progress on Totems, Gens, Sabo and healing. Just for the transition phase that way we don't have to stand there and watch them finish the totem and or the gen. We may not be able to hit them but their progress will not proceed till they are in the dream.
I think just with those changes he would be much more viable. I am sure you all have more ideas and can build upon this post. So I thank you all for reading this and posting your ideas here. See you all in game
Cheers,
EvilBarney666
Comments
There are a few things that I believe would help, and trying to stick with the lore of the movies. Even if we need to stick mostly with the reboot.
Base Transition to 5 seconds, however, each successive time you are put to sleep, you gain a marker, ( on the player icon, akin to the DBD logo, and how Freddy's claws appears on the reveal video for him) and with each you transition 1 second faster, and have a 20% chance that the wake up will not work. Max of 5, at which point if you are in the Dream State, you're stuck there, save for being hooked.
Putting someone to sleep does immediately stop progression of work, and actions can not be taken while transitioning.
Give the Asleep an AoE around them where survivors can be struck even in the awake state. Admittedly, this is rooted in this scene from New Nightmare.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFeNebpWRek (rework the sleep transition perks to fit these instead.)
As Freddy doesn't really hunt the awake, have the match start with all survivors in the Dream State, but for this beginning sleep, Freddy can not see auras. Also, it will not appear to survivors that they are in the Dream State until they are hit by Freddy.
Based on the amount of sleep tokens you have, you will see Freddy approach periodically even when awake, but you'll lose sight of awake survivors more.
(optional) As Freddy like to turn the strengths of his victims against them, maybe invert the benefits of perks?
A killer that can not even strike a survivor without first using his power is not OP.
He's hard to hide from when awake because you get no visual on him, but even when he finds you you get a 7 second period to escape.
A killer that can not prevent you from completing generators when standing right behind you is not OP.
Even 2 of his perks are reliant on failure. Fire Up helps you as you lose the match. Blood Warden only works if the gates are open AND you hook before survs leave.
His entire kit is frameworked currently that he is inherently weaker than survivors, and the only way to win is to drag a survivor down to your power level.
There is no skill to build on as with Huntress or Clown.
There is no secondary benefits to his power like Doctor or Hillbilly.
There is no travel benefit like Nurse of Hag.
There is no stealth attack and slowdown benefit like Trapper or Pig.
His kit is you can't see him, but that's ok, he can't hurt you...
2. Remove the negative effects of paintbrush
3. Make it harder to wake up the more you're put into the dream realm (ex. More skillchecks to complete, longer time for a teammate to wake you up ect.)
4. The skill check success zone can appear at the beginning causing you to succeed the skill check and not leaving the dream. This would make it so you have to actually time the skill check instead of spamming it OR make it the opposite so you have to hit a great skill check to wake up either that or self care doesn't wake you up.
5. Remove the fog for freddy or make it REALLY unnoticeable just keep it for the survivors.
6. Survivors cannot interact with anything during the dream transition except maybe pallets and windows
7. Rework black box so survivors dont wake up once unhooked, the rescuer has to wake them up first once they get unhooked (Maybe just an idea)
8. Rework the block addons so insta-sleep freddy isnt a thing (as much as I'd love that as a build) maybe rework them so freddy can have fake pallets and clones like the doctor
I could think of plenty more things but these ideas would help him the most without completly reworking his power.
there is slowdown to healing/genrepair
but genrepair slow is neglectable with amount of skillchecks you get
healing slowdown only benefits survivors with SC to actually get skill check.
You need to be really lucky for it to slow down more than 10 seconds (which is equal to 5 seconds of normal working =\
Is this bait?
Freddy is considered the worst killer of em all by basically the whole community.
If you say that he is viable at red ranks, you should write a guide and make a YouTube tutorial.
Because so far, I have a hard time believing you just saying it.
Er... Wasn't the reason for the "rework" partly because Freddy is too tough for newb survivors, and too weak against the reds?
These suggestions will make him impossible to play against until people git gud.
Thank you!
I will admit, he has to be using at least 1 purple addon with a green to be good. His red addons are really powerful. I wont waste red or purple addons on him until I hit rank 7.
I posted a freddy only build in the post I made last night in the Killer Build thread. Check there for one of my Nightmare strats.
I don't get your point, because his run and vault speed is the same as any other vanilla killer.
He doesn't have any advantage in that points over any other killer.
I'm not a high rank player but I do run into a ton of overskilled low rank swfs and the best way for me to get a 4k (technically if one of them doesn't dc) Remember Me, Tinkerer, Nurses Calling, Whispers. Find the obsession and tunnel them, hit them to the ground and pick them up, if they dstrike you get another hit in, otherwise hook them once, do not kill the obsession until you have 5 hits if you need to leave them on the ground and wait for a survivor to heal them and put them both to sleep. Track down anyone finishing a gen and try to cut them off if you get a 2k before the gens are all done then gj (this never happens to me). Once the gens are all done then the game really starts, put anyone you find at the exit gates asleep and just focus on anyone touching the gates, you're in slug mode now since they cant use the gens to wake up put the squad to sleep and keep hitting them especially if they keep trying to self care to wake up or heal team mates. This might take 3 minutes (not joking) of just hitting them and hooking them do not let them get the exit gates open (it would literally take them a minute to do that), but you should get them soon.
every killer wrecks people until they git gud. name one that doesnt
I don't think I saw a group play half-decent against Freddy until L12 on PS4. Normally, he just wiped everyone out in minutes. Never saw any other killer flatten newbs so consistently.
But I agree something needs to be done to help him against the more experienced players.
Luckily he can sneak up on victims and he has a quicker vault and lunge. However, sitting at 15-20fps on consoles makes his lunge less useful, or to put it in other words, requires more planning and practice to use properly.
1st: The biggest problem is healing on the ground by awake victims + bodyshielding from awake victims.
2nd: Simple fix to protect things, give Freddy the ability to grab people when they enter transitionstate.
3rd: He has the same lunge and vault as any other killer. (Prove me wrong if you can)
2- so you're saying that they are fully asleep (for intents of how interactions work) IF they are in a position to be grabbed but not asleep at all for all other situations. This might fix some issues but it's not very elegant in terms of how the ability works. Might as well just remove the transition, which, like I said, changes the way hes played and played against.
3- ooooohhhh, I've been challenged. Did you see him slap me with that gauntlet?
I recall, that, when he was replaced, he had a slightly longer lunge and a faster vault time. I stopped playing when a Dev told us to all go play Civ. Then I started playing again 3 months ago. If something was changed during those 6 months, sorry, idk. And if it wasn't, and I am wrong in the first place, sorry, idk. Nor do I care. Get off your highhorse cuz I'm not gonna a search the webz for this subject just to make you feel good about being right. Hell, you're so adamant about it, you probably are, idk
2- So your solution is to rework how the transition happens. That's kind of what I said. If I'm understanding you correctly, your solution is that victims are considered asleep if a grab action happens but not in any other case. While that might solve some problems it doesn't seem very intuitive.
3- Oh Damn. I've been challenged. Did you guys see him slap me with that gauntlet?
Is that right? I seem to recall he had a longer lunge and faster vault when released. Maybe they changed it and I missed it. At the direction of the devs I played Civilization for 6 months and just came back a few months ago so maybe something changed or maybe I misheard in the first place. Either way, you're so adamant, and I care so little, that I assume you could be right.
I just heard that Freddy's broken right now and can be body blocked by awake survivors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeNnkJn6t3Q
Here's a video of it:
In my opinion he should have the option where he can't be seen by survivors when they get put into dream state in his base kit, because by the time they're asleep they already ran to a loop.
Freddys while freddys obsession is asleep their body stays in the spot where they were when they fell asleep
awake survivors can only wake the obession with that body
When the obsession is killed it does not show him as dead . freddy can then switch spots with them and is alerted whenever a survivor tries to wake up the dead survivor
Thank you!
The reason why Freddy is getting a rework is that his power rn can only go 2 ways, He'll be better than Nurse like he used to be or he'll be trash. Hopefully with the rework they'll make him good and fun to play with/against. Since when he got released I was new (only played for a few months) and oblivious to the fact that there was a community but he felt ridiculous with everything he had in his base.
To be fair freddy doesn't need much to actually be decent.
1) During the transition freddy blink in and out of sight of the survivor wich would technically open room for mindgames but the lack on feedback on freddy side prevent him to properly take advantage of it
Solution : Freddy need to be make aware of when he can and can't be seen by the survivor
-Freddy can't defend objectif, it's not uncommon for survivor to finish a gen in his face during the dream transition because he doesn't pose a threat, he can also be denied hook by having woke survivor heal a downed survivor preventing him from picking the downed survivor.
Solution 1 : Make interaction like fixing gen and healing unavailable during the dream transition similar to the doctor ability
Solution 2 : Make freddy able to grab survivor doing interaction during the dream transition
Solution 3 : Make the dream transition faster when doing interaction
I beleive when his lullaby is playing and he is attack length away he should put you to sleep like doctor's madness. But it takes time the more you are in his lullaby range the quicker you fall asleep.
He's not forgotten though, they're just waiting until there's time to do it right. Unlike the wraith and trapper, he'll need a little more than number tweaks, which is why he hasn't been changed in a mid chapter patch yet.
Honestly, if you just made it to where missed self care checks didn't wake you up, I think he'd be fine.
This makes sense.
If I'm starting to fall asleep at the wheel, I'm unaware of it; my brain still thinks it's driving and in control even though I'm actually drifting into other lanes. It's not until I actually fall asleep and my head drops that I realize I was nodding off, and then correct back into my lane.
That said, it's possible that I bump into the car next to me while nodding off and that wakes me back up before I actually fall asleep, so I feel that Survivors should still have a chance at skill checks while transitioning.
Have the dream transition halt porgress, but not interrupt the action (much like when a fellow Survivor fails a skill check on the same gen as you: you can no longer make porgress for a brief moment, but you can still interact with the gen and can still get skill checks). That way Survivors can still push their luck to try and wake themselves.
I wonder how far along they are with the rework/upgrade/tweak to Freddy. Hopefully we will hear something back at some point soon. Perhaps before the PTB or during the PTB. Keeping my fingers crossed for some much needed Freddy love.
That horrendous rework is what drove me away slowly but surely from Overwatch.
But the few months I have played dbd it seems to me BHVR actually LISTENS to feedback and are actually involved with the community, so I have hope for the best and wish them luck that the rework will be what Freddy players hoped for.