Can We PLEASE BAN Flashlight Macroing

It's absurdly toxic and auditorily obtrusive. There is literally no reason for a survivor to have a flashlight without click delay.


edit pinned to the top so you don't have any excuse to not know what you're talking about in this thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhVol0Y3q9c


Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • What? No they are killing the flashlight battery when they do so

  • @Hoodied said:

    What? No they are killing the flashlight battery when they do so

    most macros do it fast enough that it doesn't actually drain the battery at all. i've never used one myself, but i've seen videos of people doing it.

  • @jadedcaffeinated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873956#Comment_1873956

    most macros do it fast enough that it doesn't actually drain the battery at all. i've never used one myself, but i've seen videos of people doing it.

    That makes no sense whatsoever, I know this because I flicker sometimes to get my friends attention on console and it will still tank charges, because every moment the flashlight is turned on the charges will begin to be used.

    Also its still not a problem because thats one guy not on a generator

  • I don't see how you would realistically ban macros.

    @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873977#Comment_1873977

    That makes no sense whatsoever, I know this because I flicker sometimes to get my friends attention on console and it will still tank charges, because every moment the flashlight is turned on the charges will begin to be used.

    Also its still not a problem because thats one guy not on a generator

    I believe it does drain the charge, it's just minor that you can't tell the difference. Since all you are doing with a macro is clicking the flashlight on and off every millisecond.

  • Not as bad as macrohag where you can get immediately hit for triggering a trap.

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873977#Comment_1873977

    That makes no sense whatsoever, I know this because I flicker sometimes to get my friends attention on console and it will still tank charges, because every moment the flashlight is turned on the charges will begin to be used.

    Also its still not a problem because thats one guy not on a generator

    No, you should not be allowed to click faster than humanly possible, and only doing so by using a program to do it for you with no intent on blind the killer but instead by being blatantly obnoxious with the sole intent on ruining other's experience through auditory irritation. Drop the needless mental gymnastics. What you're talking about is not what I'm talking about.

  • @cache said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873986#Comment_1873986

    No, you should not be allowed to click faster than humanly possible, and only doing so by using a program to do it for you with no intent on blind the killer but instead by being blatantly obnoxious with the sole intent on ruining other's experience through auditory irritation. Drop the needless mental gymnastics. What you're talking about is not what I'm talking about.

    It shouldn't irritate you in the first place? Its literally someone trying to get your attention, so ignore them, not that hard

  • @Crowman said:

    I don't see how you would realistically ban macros.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873986#Comment_1873986

    I believe it does drain the charge, it's just minor that you can't tell the difference. Since all you are doing with a macro is clicking the flashlight on and off every millisecond.

    When I use the word "ban" in this context I'm simply saying remove it from the game. How - by adding a realistic delay between clicks, not 0.01ms per click.

  • They aren't using macros.

    You bind it to scroll wheel, which means you can't use it to flashlight save unless you go afk. A friend and I do it exclusively to annoy a killer who's being an ass, also. Nothing wrong with it.

  • OP after waking up: "oh so many things to do today, what should i do first? I know, gonna complain about that guy who spammed the flashlight. Yeah, that was so outrageous"

  • You woke up and chose violence, why are you being rude to people for no reason?

  • I don’t mind flashlights or teabagging or any other ‘bad manner’ thing I see complained about round here.

  • You really should grow a thicker skin. Using a macro on a Flashlight has 0 impact on the game and you should not take it personal (same with comments in this Thread btw., because you are reacting quite sensitive).

  • @Hoodied said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1874028#Comment_1874028

    You woke up and chose violence, why are you being rude to people for no reason?

    What a clicky-clicky does to a man

  • @Gay_Police_Dept said:

    OP after waking up: "oh so many things to do today, what should i do first? I know, gonna complain about that guy who spammed the flashlight. Yeah, that was so outrageous"

    Whiny survivor main "oh so many things to do today, what should i do first? I know, gonna complain about that guy posting about something I have no experience to legitimately speak on so I'll devolve my comments into snide banter to appeal to my fellow survivor mains in order to make myself feel better about the downward spiral my life has become lately."

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    You really should grow a thicker skin. Using a macro on a Flashlight has 0 impact on the game and you should not take it personal (same with comments in this Thread btw., because you are reacting quite sensitive).

    Yeah, not going to kindly indulge uncivil low effort bias replies with anything civil. Sit, kid.

  • They can just make a smal delay on flashlight activation and deactivation.

  • @6yXJI0 said:

    They can just make a smal delay on flashlight activation and deactivation.

    That would be fair and ideal.

  • Due to OP insulting and attacking everyone who tried to share their different opinion on the matter, I decided to close this thread.

  • @cache said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1874031#Comment_1874031

    Whiny survivor main "oh so many things to do today, what should i do first? I know, gonna complain about that guy posting about something I have no experience to legitimately speak on so I'll devolve my comments into snide banter to appeal to my fellow survivor mains in order to make myself feel better about the downward spiral my life has become lately."

    But i'm not complaining, quite the opposite, i'm having so much fun :D