Best chase/m1 killers? thanks

Looking for the best killers than can end chases quickly and relies on m1 attack.

Looking to find out how they work and the skill cap needed.

EG: Nurse can jump through terrain, but has a really high learning curve.

Comments

  • Nurse, spirit, and hag are the best ones in order.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    deathslinger

    Deathslinger is a M2 killer...

  • Spirit would be the best, she is a pure m1 killer with map mobility to boot.

    If you're looking for a pure chase oriented killer, I might recommend clown. He is ONLY chase oriented, but he is also considered one of the worst killers in the game due to his lack of mobility. At the very least he's due for a rework which will be fully released in 3 weeks. So make of that what you will.

  • I like Doc. Maybe not the best chaser in the game, but never seems to be out of a chase.

  • @chieften333 said:

    Spirit would be the best, she is a pure m1 killer with map mobility to boot.

    If you're looking for a pure chase oriented killer, I might recommend clown. He is ONLY chase oriented, but he is also considered one of the worst killers in the game due to his lack of mobility. At the very least he's due for a rework which will be fully released in 3 weeks. So make of that what you will.

    The issue I have with spirit is that:

    1. there is defo a skillcap
    2. people know how to backtrack scratch marks or use iron will
    3. a lot of it is mind games are not based on skill but on chance

    Clown is one of my fav killers because I find his tonic lets me close the gap most of the time. Obviously the early pallet is abit rubbish. Think I will pick it back up and main it for the Undying Devour combo. Would you suggest bamboozle and brutal strength? or maybe switch bamboozle for an information perk?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873942#Comment_1873942

    he is a m1 killer. you still have to melee them after you spear. which is why he can use noed, haunted grounds, etc. unless he was asking strictly m1 killers with no chase power, which he wasn't because he mentioned nurse as an example.

    Well, I guess everyone understands something else under the term M1 killer.

    Personally I think the term M1 killer refers to "typical" killers that have to run after a survivor until they can go for the ordinary M1 attack exceptions being Nurse/Spirit due to their mobility powers.

    Since Deathslinger shoots instead I consider him a M2 killer.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873949#Comment_1873949

    The issue I have with spirit is that:

    1. there is defo a skillcap
    2. people know how to backtrack scratch marks or use iron will
    3. a lot of it is mind games are not based on skill but on chance

    Clown is one of my fav killers because I find his tonic lets me close the gap most of the time. Obviously the early pallet is abit rubbish. Think I will pick it back up and main it for the Undying Devour combo. Would you suggest bamboozle and brutal strength? or maybe switch bamboozle for an information perk?

    I'm not a clown main, the person you want to talk to is a guy by the name of clownisking.

    @TheClownIsKing , could you please give this man some perk tips for clown?

    Though for the playtime I have with him, i find brutal strength does help with the fact that clown eats pallets for breakfast.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1874000#Comment_1874000

    yea, community says he is m2 killer because without his power he is useless. i agree with that. but he can use surge and stbfl like he is basic attacking, so that's why technically he is an m1 killer. most m2 killers like blight, demogorgon, hillbilly, huntress, etc. don't have this advantage, but you're right.

    Thinking about it isn't it kinda inconsistent how it counts as a basic attack when you shoot someone as Slinger yet it's a special attack when Blight hits someone with his stick whilst rushing even though it's still the same attack source. Weird balance decisions.

  • @Yords said:

    Nurse, spirit, and hag are the best ones in order.

    Hag is one of the best chasers?? .....????

  • Combat Piggy if you want chase and delay.

    Nurse if you are willing to learn.

    Spirit if you are willing to get ######### talked.

    Idk if Blight is considered an M1 killer but if he is then there you go.

    I guess Freddy as well.

    Doc if you dislike stealthy survivors (which are rare).

  • Sorry, I meant m1 killers. I kinda skimmed over the chase part.

  • His power is m2, but he has to m1 to damage survivors.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873993#Comment_1873993

    I'm not a clown main, the person you want to talk to is a guy by the name of clownisking.

    @TheClownIsKing , could you please give this man some perk tips for clown?

    Though for the playtime I have with him, i find brutal strength does help with the fact that clown eats pallets for breakfast.

    id recommend to use brutal. Everyone predrops to counter clown so being able to eat through pallets is good

  • I would suggest Legion if you want to get good at the m1 game.

    They are short and silent so easy to mindgame with. After you used your power it takes one good mindgame to down people and seeing how you have to use m1 to down people you will be set to use any m1 killer in the future and do well.

    I would suggest looking up some "how to run tiles" tutorials on youtube. You need to be good at mindgames in order to make Legion work

  • You can place a trap at a loop and force them to leave it or get the hit on them when they continue to run the same loop. She is a little slower but an agressive Hag doesn't need to rely on camping to win and can end chases quickly through zoning and shutting down loops in the moment.

  • How many m1 killers are there?

    Trapper, Wraith, Shape, Doctor, Freddy, Legion, Ghostface, Oni (partially)?

  • Well I’m very biased here.

    Clown. When learned how to use properly, he’s a beast in a chase.

    And he’ll be even better when the Antidote goes live.

    The only thing with Clown that can make him very difficult is the constant on the spot planning, and the constant scouting of everywhere the survivor could run to ahead of the chase.

  • Ghostface. Almost purely an M1 Killer, with good mindgame potential at loops.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1873973#Comment_1873973

    Well, I guess everyone understands something else under the term M1 killer.

    Personally I think the term M1 killer refers to "typical" killers that have to run after a survivor until they can go for the ordinary M1 attack exceptions being Nurse/Spirit due to their mobility powers.

    Since Deathslinger shoots instead I consider him a M2 killer.

    Dude Deathslinger is an M1 killer, there’s a reason he’s the number 1 choice for STBFL.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1874000#Comment_1874000

    Dude Deathslinger is an M1 killer, there’s a reason he’s the number 1 choice for STBFL.

    So if I use devour hope - i can spear, then 1 down survivors?

    @TheClownIsKing said:

    Well I’m very biased here.

    Clown. When learned how to use properly, he’s a beast in a chase.

    And he’ll be even better when the Antidote goes live.

    The only thing with Clown that can make him very difficult is the constant on the spot planning, and the constant scouting of everywhere the survivor could run to ahead of the chase.

    Give me some clown tips ! :P I know you can use toxin to close long gaps and stuff...

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1874000#Comment_1874000

    Dude Deathslinger is an M1 killer, there’s a reason he’s the number 1 choice for STBFL.

    Number 1 STBFL choice? Isn't that still Demodoggo? Also I kinda think STBFL is overrated on Deathslinger due to the fact the obsession can waste your time by not struggling against the chain.

    Anyways as I said I just consider him a M2 killer as I have to watch out for his gun rather than just the ordinary M1 hits. If a killer has a legit secondary attack then I fail to see how it's a M1 killer.

  • @Lyonic said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1875383#Comment_1875383

    So if I use devour hope - i can spear, then 1 down survivors?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1875376#Comment_1875376

    Give me some clown tips ! :P I know you can use toxin to close long gaps and stuff...

    Yes, Deathslinger hits apply status effects (including exposed via devour hope) even when you get the hit using his spear rifle.