Why not a single player mode with bots?
Just throwing it out there.
I know queues are currently absymal for survivors but even a bot killer would be better than no killer at all.
Also until match making gets better it could make learning a new killer so much more enjoyable.
I realise it wouldn't be the same as a human player and there is effort to code it well but its not outside the realm of possiblility.
Comments
It's a good idea for custom games. This would allow new players to adjust to the game, but also allow more experienced players to test out new killers and builds without worry.
They said they planned on adding husks to the game for when survivors disconnect and then decided that would be too much work. That was the closest we got.
Mobile version had bots, dunno if it still has em or not.
AS for custom games, we asked for the option to start custom lobbies without another person to test things; and they basically said they don't want needless server usage or w/e so that's probably not happening =/
we already have that and its called pubs
Ok yeah custom game mode would be the best spot for the bots to live, rather than any kind of ranked solo play. I'd be happy with that at least to give killers I'm really bad at or haven't really touched good practice run with their powers.
Bummer to hear it the idea was shot down due to concerns over server load.
At least one practical mode online, where you do not earn blood points, fragments, do not lower or rise in rank but just practice ... Wait ... that's the custom mode.
blech what's the point of doing that if you waste time you could have spent in modes your account could progress in power
yeah but custom mode requires yourself and at least a couple of buddies (for a full experience) who want to fartarse around for a while. If you are solo then you're boned.
I do the same thing in public games like killer, I race like Hillbilly across the map as if it were the Nascar series.