FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY FIX THR FRAME RATE DROPS ON CONSOLE!!!!
This is really a big problem. Seriously the frame rate drops every time you do anything. I dead hard, frame rate drop. Use Lithe frame rate drop, thanataphobia, frame rate drop. Its especially terrible during chases. I'm literally losing distance because of it.
It's one of the most frustrating thing ever. And I feel like going insane every time it happens.
For the love of God devs FIX THE FRAME RATE!!!!!!
Edit: just had another game with a spirt and the frames dropped when she came out of phasing.
Comments
Don’t worry it’s coming in 2030
Why?
on the ps5, lerys has some points that lag a tiny bit here and there, bedlam had a couple points facing direction int he fog where it could do the same. Can't remember where else if on any other maps since I haven't played this much for a while, and going based on the survivor side of the experience with those two I mentioned btw. yamaoka also was the other map with a variant hat had a spot where it looked like a few frames dropped even on ps5 for a second or so. so if it lagged a second or two on ps5 on those spots, I can imagine base consoles are lagging pretty hard in the fog probably. on pc I would just lower the resos lider on a problematic map, or under spec and customize settings in the gameuser settings ini to avoid that when lazy. currently using last what look like ps5 settings on pc and since my gpu is a 2080 noticed the slight frame dips in almost the same spots ont he same maps lol. I did that to keep the experience consistant for myself when swapping between accounts.
Hate to tell you this but dbd on console was a cash grab. Your better off getting the pc version or playing something else. DBD console is terrible.
If you want it fixed, you know what you gotta do.
Buy a ps5 or new xbox
Some of us cannot afford a PC.
I don't have money. What do I do now?
Either put up with it or play something else. This game was not optimized for console.
Thats not fair though. Us console peasants have to deal with this horrible frame rate while PC has better everything?
Simply yeah, for some reason the console optimization never came and that was promised.....what 2 years ago? So just like others say buying a ps5/xbox series or pc is your best choice.
I can confirm that ps5 dbd is just amazing compared to ps4 but pc still takes the cake, I know this is much for only 1 game but if you can make or buy a pre built pc for around 800 usd then you should be fine.
Ps5 is 400 digital or 500 disk but it is very hard to get.
Talk to BHVR. I have nothing to do with the games development.
This post (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/187573/console-optimization/p1) was made after a 30 page one was closed and all we got was a "we'll pass it on to the team." Since it seems to run better on ps5/Xbox series x they're probably not going to bother optimizing it for ps4/xbox1/switch, they'll just keep saying they're "looking into it."
The devs were to lazy to give us the console optimization we were told we would get, and instead waited for next gen consoles to come out.
They did.
They fixed it by the ps5 and xbox x coming out with stronger hardware.
LOL
Quote: "I'm literally losing distance because of it."
That's true. I saw the tiniest Dead Hard the other day. The survivor literally inched forward after freezing for a brief moment. It looked both hilarious and sad at the same time.
Idk man, I have an original ps4, barely decent internet, and played 3 games last night with no issue. Do you live in a rural area?
I have a base ps4 with great internet and it is terrible. I even recently took it apart and replaced the thermal paste and it is better, but still shockingly unplayable on new maps.
I KNEW IT.
This is so strange sometimes my FPS drops pretty hard when i try to use dead hard and then my distance gets cut in half.
I was never really sure if that was 100% the case or some latency thing
Stop being so optimistic,smh
They will never fix totally the fps issues on console. That's why i switched to pc, another world, never goes down 60
I get frame drops on both the PC and console versions of the game, it's poorly optimized. No doubt the developers test the game with a RTX 3080 graphics card and use that as a baseline...
You forgot that FPS drops at random without anything causing it too
While I was lucky enough to secure a preorder on september 16th going into the wee hours of september 17th and my working console arrived safely into my hands on november 13th... not so many other people had the good fortune. It's not as simple as saying "pull money out of your arse, people, and find a needle in a haystack".
Not to mention when a game is released for a platform, and they allow people to have paid for it, they are obligated to fix it. Let's allow cyberpunk to be the great example that hopefully gets these corporations to stop sharting out unfinished, broken and poorly optimized games just because they can promise to patch (with no guarantees) in a 'digital age'. That's been an awful habit for too long,