Please change Deep Wounds!

Since Deep Wounds is being worked for the next patch, could you change its visual effect? The bloodstains are fine, but currently DW also darkens the screen and make it very difficult to navigate naturally dark areas, the worst offender being Gideon's first floor. Thank you for joining this TED Talk, k bye.

Comments

  • Maybe you should hurry up and Mend, then. ๐Ÿ˜„

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    Maybe you should hurry up and Mend, then. ๐Ÿ˜„

    I can't, miss piggy is on my trail.

  • @lagosta said:

    Since Deep Wounds is being worked for the next patch, could you change its visual effect? The bloodstains are fine, but currently DW also darkens the screen and make it very difficult to navigate naturally dark areas, the worst offender being Gideon's first floor. Thank you for joining this TED Talk, k bye.

    old borrowed time did the same thing without the blood on the screen. and you didn't complain about that then did you? no. The effect is to simulate the NEED to mend instead of continue running. I have never had it darken once I get into that state and the killer is still right behind me, only when the chase is gone and i'm no longer running does my screen get darker.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/218598/please-change-deep-wounds

    old borrowed time did the same thing without the blood on the screen. and you didn't complain about that then did you? no. The effect is to simulate the NEED to mend instead of continue running. I have never had it darken once I get into that state and the killer is still right behind me, only when the chase is gone and i'm no longer running does my screen get darker.

    Old BT had a grey color on everything. This was far more visible than Deep Wound. The problem with Deep Wound is that even if you are chased, the screen becomes darker. When Legion was able to decrease the Bar with Feral Frenzy, it become darker the smaller the timer. But now it becomes darker over time, aka you get chased by the Killer and the Screen simply goes dark.

    Mending is obviously no option in this case.

    EDIT:

    https://deadbydaylight.fandom.com/wiki/File:381210_screenshots_20170501202704_1.jpg

    Untitled Image

    You cant tell me that "old BT did the same thing"

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866671#Comment_1866671

    Old BT had a grey color on everything. This was far more visible than Deep Wound. The problem with Deep Wound is that even if you are chased, the screen becomes darker. When Legion was able to decrease the Bar with Feral Frenzy, it become darker the smaller the timer. But now it becomes darker over time, aka you get chased by the Killer and the Screen simply goes dark.

    Mending is obviously no option in this case.

    well when i'm in chase right away after deep wounds and have not stopped running, it does not get darker. however if i stop running (to mind game or what not) it does. so my comment still stands, and no "GREYING" the screen can make it very hard to navigate in dark areas.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866675#Comment_1866675

    well when i'm in chase right away after deep wounds and have not stopped running, it does not get darker. however if i stop running (to mind game or what not) it does. so my comment still stands, and no "GREYING" the screen can make it very hard to navigate in dark areas.

    See at the edited Link:

    Original file โ€Ž(1,920 ร— 1,080 pixels, file size: 317 KB, MIME type: image/jpeg)

    This is way more visible.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866675#Comment_1866675

    well when i'm in chase right away after deep wounds and have not stopped running, it does not get darker. however if i stop running (to mind game or what not) it does. so my comment still stands, and no "GREYING" the screen can make it very hard to navigate in dark areas.

    Deep wounds makes you blind over time.


    I didn't like the old BT effect, but it was still possible to see when under it.

  • Would you even be able to see it?

    I can't see jack with the screen all black and worbly.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866687#Comment_1866687

    Deep wounds makes you blind over time.

    I didn't like the old BT effect, but it was still possible to see when under it.

    I understand what it does, and have seen it yes, but it does not happen till you stop running. because running holds it in check per game rules. now I do not believe resuming the running state will stop it from darkening once it starts. but i've never seen it darken till I stop running, this is my experience only perhaps it is different on other monitors or configurations in how it reacts to the effects. i dunno.

    my experience with the greying of borrowed time and original DW (immediately after legion launch) was that it darkened my screen more then again i have a cinematic setting active on my monitor.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/218598/please-change-deep-wounds

    old borrowed time did the same thing without the blood on the screen. and you didn't complain about that then did you? no. The effect is to simulate the NEED to mend instead of continue running. I have never had it darken once I get into that state and the killer is still right behind me, only when the chase is gone and i'm no longer running does my screen get darker.

    I started playing way after legion and DW rework. I know it's supposed to denote urgency and that's good in general, but in darker areas it just makes it impossible to loop the killer. I usually mend whenever I can, but with the killer on my trail its just insufferable.

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866671#Comment_1866671

    I started playing way after legion and DW rework. I know it's supposed to denote urgency and that's good in general, but in darker areas it just makes it impossible to loop the killer. I usually mend whenever I can, but with the killer on my trail its just insufferable.

    look to your monitor settings then. I can only speak to my own experiences.

  • @Freki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866692#Comment_1866692

    I understand what it does, and have seen it yes, but it does not happen till you stop running. because running holds it in check per game rules. now I do not believe resuming the running state will stop it from darkening once it starts. but i've never seen it darken till I stop running, this is my experience only perhaps it is different on other monitors or configurations in how it reacts to the effects. i dunno.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1866690#Comment_1866690

    my experience with the greying of borrowed time and original DW (immediately after legion launch) was that it darkened my screen more then again i have a cinematic setting active on my monitor.

    In my experience it gets darker and darker with time despite running.

  • I guess that was kind of the idea of deep wounds; it itself is kind of useless since any idiot can mend themselves after the killer leaves them. Inadvertent or not, I think the darkening of the screen to make chases more difficult should be kept, or mitigated at most, since it really is atrocious on the dark depths of Gideon.

  • Isn't it bad enough that it's a useless Status Effect? Removing the visual darkness will make Deep Wounds pointless if there's not a catch.