Still getting bogus hits..

So I have around 40ms and super fibre internet and I'm still getting hit through pallets ( even killers glitching through pallet stuns and hitting me) and through windows.. and even when I'm falling through the air? will they ever fix this? it's getting a bit tedious now.

Even when playing as killer I notice hits that I'm just like.. that shouldn't have hit them.

Comments

  • @kaneyboy said:

    So I have around 40ms and super fibre internet and I'm still getting hit through pallets ( even killers glitching through pallet stuns and hitting me) and through windows.. and even when I'm falling through the air? will they ever fix this? it's getting a bit tedious now.

    Even when playing as killer I notice hits that I'm just like.. that shouldn't have hit them.

    Yup unfortunately the hit validation bs they released shows how competent they are.

    The problem they have created is that the more terrible you're connection is, the more advantages you gain.

    It isn't killer or survivor sided.

    I have had games as killer where I was hugging survivors before going for the hit, unfortunately the hit never lands.

    And i have games as survivor where the pallet was down and the killer teleported through and then back and managed to hit.

    Even huntress in the opposite doorway from the shack and i allready outside around the corner and still got hit.

    I heard that they do use the "did you have fun" on the score board.

    So i decided to just give every single match with bogus hits or hits that should land 1 pip.

    I for sure know it isn't my Internet connection, having also fibre Internet, a good router and have my PlayStation put in dmz, so all is good on my side as far as I know

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/218412/still-getting-bogus-hits

    Yup unfortunately the hit validation bs they released shows how competent they are.

    The problem they have created is that the more terrible you're connection is, the more advantages you gain.

    It isn't killer or survivor sided.

    I have had games as killer where I was hugging survivors before going for the hit, unfortunately the hit never lands.

    And i have games as survivor where the pallet was down and the killer teleported through and then back and managed to hit.

    Even huntress in the opposite doorway from the shack and i allready outside around the corner and still got hit.

    I heard that they do use the "did you have fun" on the score board.

    So i decided to just give every single match with bogus hits or hits that should land 1 pip.

    I for sure know it isn't my Internet connection, having also fibre Internet, a good router and have my PlayStation put in dmz, so all is good on my side as far as I know

    Big oof. They use the "did you have fun?" Slider to nerf killers, not fix the game.

    A dev said they use it to correlate what perks / killer were used for unfun matches.

    No idea what they do with the ones killers send in.. throw them out?

  • I, too, wish they would fix the bad server tick rate.

  • I just got grabbed by a killer who was stunned.

    DBD, especially it's net code, just suffers from very shoddy coding.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Zozzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1864834#Comment_1864834

    Big oof. They use the "did you have fun?" Slider to nerf killers, not fix the game.

    A dev said they use it to correlate what perks / killer were used for unfun matches.

    No idea what they do with the ones killers send in.. throw them out?

    Ok that is something I didn't know.

    All I saw in a different thread was peanits say that they did use that.

    Can't remember if he said anything about perks and add ons or something.

    I also said In the thread that they will get only a part of the info of the match.

    Like, was the killer slugging from the start?

    Did the survivors rush the gens?

    Did the killer or survivors kept the match hostage?

    There are so many factors why someone gives it a 1 pop, so it could have nothing to do with perks.

    But it might explain why they are always so eager to change perks.

  • What no one here seems to realize is how small of a team BHVR really is. It may not be a measly few people like some indie games, but it isn't in the mass thousands. The official site says "more than 600 employees." So let's say under 1000 people are split into several different teams. You won't have many people to go around. Not even every employee works on Dead By Daylight; many work on other projects.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865021#Comment_1865021

    Ok that is something I didn't know.

    All I saw in a different thread was peanits say that they did use that.

    Can't remember if he said anything about perks and add ons or something.

    I also said In the thread that they will get only a part of the info of the match.

    Like, was the killer slugging from the start?

    Did the survivors rush the gens?

    Did the killer or survivors kept the match hostage?

    There are so many factors why someone gives it a 1 pop, so it could have nothing to do with perks.

    But it might explain why they are always so eager to change perks.

    That's why folks should take the time to file reports after the match, not just tick the "did not have fun" dot. If you have people engaging in toxic behavior, report it.

    I, too, have noticed I'm still getting some VERY sketchy hits, given the hit validation was supposed to correct it.

  • Only thing servers did was mask the connection to the killer. You can talk about your Google fiber but that doesn't change the killer's McDonalds WiFi connection.

    Welcome to online gaming.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    What no one here seems to realize is how small of a team BHVR really is. It may not be a measly few people like some indie games, but it isn't in the mass thousands. The official site says "more than 600 employees." So let's say under 1000 people are split into several different teams. You won't have many people to go around. Not even every employee works on Dead By Daylight; many work on other projects.

    That is something I already have noticed.

    In a stream they gave an answer about a QOL.

    There have been multiple questions about a chapter dedicated to QOL.

    Their answer was that they are big enough to work on QOL and release new chapter with killers and survivors.

    Now we all saw and experienced what happened when they released the twins chapter.

    Now hit validation also falls under QOL and as they had shown they are not able to work on new chapters and on QOL at the same time unfortunately.

    @Starshadw said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1865573#Comment_1865573

    That's why folks should take the time to file reports after the match, not just tick the "did not have fun" dot. If you have people engaging in toxic behavior, report it.

    I, too, have noticed I'm still getting some VERY sketchy hits, given the hit validation was supposed to correct it.

    I already have had a ticket submitted about the terrible connection being in the advantage over people with good connections.

    All they said is that their matchmaking has some problems and they are working on it.

    So basically the standard answer.