Trapper, Wraith, and Clown mains question.

What are your reactions to their changes how much better will they be now?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • As a Wraith main, interesting, just wonder if standing still will render complete invisibility regardless of how close you are to the Survivor

  • I like all the changes, including new options for Clown. Really like the idea of the Dev Diary as well.

    My only concern is the terminology in Clown's new power. I think it is odd to include a direct benefit to survivors in the Killer Power.

    It is not the same as Plague or missing a chainsaw. Just makes me nervous for future Killer powers.

  • Wraith main here. He'll be better, I guess. All it will really do is help him get closer on big open maps. Other than that, he's exactly the same. At least Survivors can't see me across the map now.

  • Trapper change has the potential to be neat . From my experience, 1st try escapes happened around 50% of the time, more than 4 you basically saw never. If the reduced chance of escaping on the first 3 attempts is very significant, like -10% of what it currently is, it might benefit Trapper, but if it´s any less they honestly shouldnt bother putting work into the coding - the effect would be next to nothing.

    Also, they addressed the wrong issue with Trapper. His biggest weakness is and always was the time it takes to fetch his power, making him the most addon reliant Killer and even with said addons to mitigate his weakness just a little bit he´s still nowhere near the top Killers.

    I´m very disappointed, not because the change isn´t good (it may or may not be) but because it isn´t enough to bring up his viability regardless.

  • I think that are small buffes to trapper and wraith. Im absolutely fine with it. They shouldnt be buffed too much. If u wanna balance the game u should do it in small steps.

  • Wraith is just like freddy when you are awake to me. Trapper's fine for me but clown's smokes should mix like it could cause an instant down. What if I get a survivor running behind me like sonic tryna to body block on hook after a gas inhaled?

  • @Bartlaus said:

    I think that are small buffes to trapper and wraith. Im absolutely fine with it. They shouldnt be buffed too much. If u wanna balance the game u should do it in small steps.

    I'd agree with much more frequent updates.

  • I don't really think wraith's playstyle is affected all that much. But I'll sure as hell will get paranoid and see things even when he isn't there.

    Trapper's change helps the survivor but doesn't really address the killer's issue.

    Clown buff is very interesting. Giving him map mobility is a good step. Excited to see how it plays out.

  • The clown changes and wraith changes are too little in my opinion and wont help them against good survivors. like for example the whole throw an antidote bottle to lead a survivor to a deadzone wont work because I have a feeling most good survivors will just use the speed to go somewhere else. And they really should've made wraith faster like give him one of the windstorms base because now he is still addon reliant but he is invisible and "some what invisible" from far away so it might not even help him sneak up if they notice his somewhat invisibility from close up but we really don't know because they were vague about it.

  • Im not sure about the time of survivor starts to get stucked, and the time of each attempt. I think its around 2sec.

    Which is, the chance for survivor to escape is 8sec in average. Minus the time to react, or being in middle of kicking animation. Which mean Trapper always have to be ~24m close to down survivor.

    While 7+ attempt is no more, but 1 attempt escape is still there as small chance. I believe this is a nerf for Trapper.

  • I'm a Wraith main and I like the change, makes him slightly better as a stealth killer.

  • I dont main all of them but they all will benefit wraith can't be seen especially with speed

    Clown gains speed given him mobility and catch up

    Trappers rng is normalized so you won't be stuck for 40s and probably not for 5s

  • I need to test Wraith and Clown but Trapper didn't get a 2nd trap at base so it's not enough.

  • @Negi said:

    I need to test Wraith and Clown but Trapper didn't get a 2nd trap at base so it's not enough.

    Trapper starts with 1 trap, carry 1 trap, 5 traps spread around the map.

    The change can be simple as (brown bag still have its meaning with starting 2, carry 2): Trapper starts with 1 trap, carry 2 traps, 1 trap spawn right under his feet, 4 traps spread around the map.

  • Id honestly say im pleased with the Trapper update slowing down Instant Escapes is huge and also stopping what feels like perma traps is good. It's a good change in my book still think Trapper needs a base kit change but this is a start.

  • I'm really glad Wraith gets this change, but i know it won't be enough for him.

    He does need more, even though i am happy he gets this now.

  • as a former Trapper main, they should just have made it a set value.

    all i wanted for his traps was to be more consistent, yet they apparently did all they could to keep the RNG in them ._.

  • I love the Wraith and Clown changes. We'll have to see with Trapper. Clown gets some more map pressure and Wraith gets to be stealthier.

    I'm glad the situations where you're stuck in a trap forever are gone, but hopefully the decreased chances of getting out in 1 to 3 attempts are enough.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    Trapper change has the potential to be neat . From my experience, 1st try escapes happened around 50% of the time, more than 4 you basically saw never. If the reduced chance of escaping on the first 3 attempts is very significant, like -10% of what it currently is, it might benefit Trapper, but if it´s any less they honestly shouldnt bother putting work into the coding - the effect would be next to nothing.

    Also, they addressed the wrong issue with Trapper. His biggest weakness is and always was the time it takes to fetch his power, making him the most addon reliant Killer and even with said addons to mitigate his weakness just a little bit he´s still nowhere near the top Killers.

    I´m very disappointed, not because the change isn´t good (it may or may not be) but because it isn´t enough to bring up his viability regardless.

    My god does it really kill the devs to give him 2 traps as basekit???

    Almost 5 years and trapper is still only able to carry 1 trap by default

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858706#Comment_1858706

    My god does it really kill the devs to give him 2 traps as basekit???

    Almost 5 years and trapper is still only able to carry 1 trap by default

    It´s nothing short of baffling. Can you think of a reason why that is? It most certainly is not balance related.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858984#Comment_1858984

    It´s nothing short of baffling. Can you think of a reason why that is? It most certainly is not balance related.

    why not add his his power where he can hold as many as he can get.

    meaning starts of with holding 1 then he can pick up more and more and he goes and grabs them.

  • I'm more interested in what they will do to the Clown's addons.

  • Trapper main, not the biggest change, but one we've been asking for.

  • @Danky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859011#Comment_1859011

    why not add his his power where he can hold as many as he can get.

    meaning starts of with holding 1 then he can pick up more and more and he goes and grabs them.

    That sounds neat, but in my opinion buffing his start capacity and adjusting the addons accordingly (Trapper Sack +0/+1, Trapper Bag +1/+1, Stitched Bag +1/+2) is not negotiable in terms of changes Trapper needs . If you were to take 2 minutes to run around and fetch them all, the Survivors are basically already at the exit gates, teabagging you for not pressuring gens.

  • As a player who played Wraith back in 2017-18, with this minor update he's still crap. I feel like the Wraith needs an actual Rework similar to The Doctor rather than a buff that will do almost nothing. The Doctor got an extra ability to his kit with some add-on changes/tweaks and number changes to the main ability. I feel like the extra ability should be tied with The Wraith's "Archive lore" where he got caught up in flames and burned that will work similarly to Pyramid Head's Rites of Judgement.

    Also, Clown is still gonna be the "Worst" killer in the game as he's still an M1 Killer that has no map pressure and the weakest anit-loop. The increase movement speed from the second set of bottles is weird and I see no value from it as of now.

  • @Guest1567432 said:

    I'm more interested in what they will do to the Clown's addons.

    Mm but the best onece Solvent Jug and Pinky finger will be nerfed in a big way. I hope they don't nerf the slow down addon and the ether bottles. Overall I don't know if Clown is buffed or nerfed.