Well uhh... rip undying, would you kindly join me to give a eulogy?

You were a fun perk while you lasted, you protected my totems dutifully. But we can't ignore that you were an RNG based perk that could be removed 30 seconds into the game, or easily seen with a map or two other perks. Or the fact that dull totems could be removed before the hex perks could be transferred. I guess survivors can't resist gens so much that they can't hop off one to do bones for extra points.

You will be missed

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Annoyed, seeing as DS/UB haven't been touched for years. But really, I don't mind the change too much. I didn't use the combo myself. I main Plague, and get better benefit out of Oppression/PoP, than Hex perks. It's nice hearing that tokens remain, however.


    MY biggest problem, though, is survivors spawning on top of lit totems. I still fail to see how devs have yet to address this. It's the biggest reason I don't actually use Hex perks. Second being totems that spawn in open areas.

  • I think it's super close to reasonable changes honestly. I just feel they went a little too far with it.

    An entire perk slot just to make the survivors cleanse 2 totems instead of 1? It won't stay active for that long especially now that they removed your ability to defend them at all.

    Had it been able to do that at least 2 times making them cleanse 3 totems OR had they left it's aura reading in effect for only lit totems so they could be defended- I feel would have been much more fair.

  • Killers now must have more urgency to protect their gens. It's not like Ruin wasn't strong enough on its own.

  • Glad I wasted the effort to unlock undying for my killers. Back to no reason for equipping hex perks.

  • I might i get now get Devour value more consistanly

  • Honestly, I was expecting them to follow track record and completely wreck Undying when I read about a nerf incoming.

    But... I'm pleasantly surprised. It doesn't breaks the Ruin + Undying combo to an unusable degree, it makes the anti-genrush build still viable without making it outright unfun and frustrating for Survivors. Plus, the other Hex buffs are welcome.

  • Hex Undying was a needed change; but I feel it was a bit too heavy handed. They should have left the aura reading enabled on lit totems- because the first totem cleansed is going to remove the aura reading anyways! So I mean it gives them at least a chance of defending MAYBE one totem, but after that it's gone. Since it's only 2 totems now, why would anyone take it with ruin EVER? A whole perk slot to make them cleanse 2 totems instead of one? With devours that's okay, but with ruin it's not worth a perk slot to make it last 2 minutes instead of 60 seconds ( and that is being generous, against half decent survivors both will be gone in the first minute of the game)

    Letting them at least have ONE chance to protect their investment seems fair. Instead of between like 3 - 5 chances like before.

  • @Aldath said:

    Honestly, I was expecting them to follow track record and completely wreck Undying when I read about a nerf incoming.

    But... I'm pleasantly surprised. It doesn't breaks the Ruin + Undying combo to an unusable degree, it makes the anti-genrush build still viable without making it outright unfun and frustrating for Survivors. Plus, the other Hex buffs are welcome.

    It does though; especially because they have no defense anymore. Also breaking the first totem is always undying so you just....break 2 lit totems on the map that's it. That's not hard to do at all especially when the killer has no means of seeing you on it.

    I feel they should have left the aura reading on for lit totems- since first totem is undying, it would be broken anyways, so it would only give you the ability to maybe try and defend that first totem some if you wanted- that's all. That's enough to at least make it decent still with Ruin, as it stands however this buffs it with devours but makes it basically a wasted slot with ruin in most matchups.

  • Anyone else feel like they made the aura reading backwards? Shouldn't it give vision on Hex totems? I don't care about dull totems as Killer, especially now that Undying doesn't bounce the Hex around.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Killers now must have more urgency to protect their gens. It's not like Ruin wasn't strong enough on its own.

    It's not. Again, it's a Hex, and Hex's have been known to have terrible spawns. Either they're in the open, right next to a gen, or survivors spawn on top of it. By itself, it's not worth the perk slot.

  • @xEcoLog1cDuk3Xx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858679#Comment_1858679

    I really don't understand this mindset of Ruin+Undying being on par with DS+Unbreakable. It's not, you use Undying to get value from Ruin. Which is basically using 2 perk slots for the use of 1, also RNG plays a huge role in how the combo works. While DS+Unbreakable is consistent and the perks are pretty strong on their own but when combined makes you nearly invincible for a minute which is unhealthy for the game, since slugging is on the rise. There's going to be a surge of more Unbreakable usages.

    Then don't tunnel and don't slug and you'll be good. I just go ahead and eat the ds but I also never tunnel. I rarely get hit with ds anyway.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859177#Comment_1859177

    Then don't tunnel and don't slug and you'll be good. I just go ahead and eat the ds but I also never tunnel. I rarely get hit with ds anyway.

    Oof. How does one do that if you down survivors in 10 seconds?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858455#Comment_1858455

    Exactly.

    And Hex-Perks are not meant to stay up all game. Two days ago I had a game against a Blight with Ruin/Undying (he did not have Tinkerer tho), and in that 12 minute game (he got a 4K), I cleansed 3 Totems and he still had Ruin and Undying left (he was a streamer and I watched the VOD afterwards, so I knew that those Totems were still in the game).

    And I only knew of 1 more Hex-Totem, so even if I would have been able to cleanse that as well, it would have been a 50/50 if Ruin is really gone. This just shows how good Totem Spots have become on many Maps and IMO it should not happen that you have to cleanse 5 Totems to cleanse one Hex.

    And now Undying can be used with other Hexes, while not being too oppressive with Devour Hope.

    i mean, they also said hex perks are supposed to be strong, but most of them are garbage, even ruin on its own is garbage

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859104#Comment_1859104

    Ok here's what I'm saying if you really need it in simpler terms. Having all 4 survivors spawn together is a good thing for killer. A good killer would be happy for this to happen. If they make it there on time then they get multiple injures and can stop the gen progress. It is unlikely that the gen will be completed before the killer reaches it (unless they are a set up killer or super unlucky).

    A lot of killers run Corrupt πŸ˜‚ your dismissing a perk that killers like Myers and Trapper live and die by. If you played killer more you'd see it's value. Especially if your telling me all survivors spawn together on the other side of the map then maybe you should run it yourself lol

    Yes injures. In your gen scenario the killer hits one, goes back to gen and hits another 1 or 2 depending on how greddy they are. Even if the gen is completed he knows that he has already 3 people injured and only 1 gen that has had any progress on it. Better than getting a down and having 2/3 gens pop lol

    I love how I said 3 things that are perfectly correct that you've dismissed lol

    • Survivors who want to rush gens would rather all spawn at separate gens
    • Getting multiple injures early game without getting down isn't a bad thing
    • Corrupt is quite common. Very good perk on multiple killers

    So yes when your complaining about all 4 survivors spawning together then you are saying things that make no sense lol if you did have this problem a lot then Corrupt would be a perfect perk for you πŸ‘ thankfully I don't hear a lot of people complaining about my nonsense lol only the ones who seem to have a lack of experience with this game.

    Have a good day lad πŸ˜‚

    It's funny when a moron with failed logic pretends they are putting things in simpler terms.

    Your argument about multiple injuries relies on ######### survivors. Congrats on being a killer facing ######### survivors.

    "A lot of killers run corrupt...killers like Myers and Trapper live by." Yeah a lot of people play those killers which translates to high Corruption use.

    But you weren't done with the dumb survivor argument and raise it a second time. It's good to see you really own your stupid argument that ######### survivors are really easy to injure.

    You then say I dismiss your argument and capture it again, but of course, it's a new argument because the first time you tried that trash it was rebutted. Tournament survivors and tournament killers are not who we are talking about. Nice bait and switch. You at least realized arguing tournament players was dumb. You can be taught. However, your stupid argument no longer applies because it's a tournament-level argument.

    We won't get into the other two arguments because it's clear I addressed them last time and doing so again is a waste.

    And if you want to speak in simpler terms, perhaps reduce confusion by not spelling like a third grader.

    injures != injuries

    greddy != greedy

    your != you're (x3)

    And it could help to use periods to end the half dozen or more sentences lacking them.

    Have a good day, lass.

  • @Silverbusa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859585#Comment_1859585

    It's funny when a moron with failed logic pretends they are putting things in simpler terms.

    Your argument about multiple injuries relies on ######### survivors. Congrats on being a killer facing ######### survivors.

    "A lot of killers run corrupt...killers like Myers and Trapper live by." Yeah a lot of people play those killers which translates to high Corruption use.

    But you weren't done with the dumb survivor argument and raise it a second time. It's good to see you really own your stupid argument that ######### survivors are really easy to injure.

    You then say I dismiss your argument and capture it again, but of course, it's a new argument because the first time you tried that trash it was rebutted. Tournament survivors and tournament killers are not who we are talking about. Nice bait and switch. You at least realized arguing tournament players was dumb. You can be taught. However, your stupid argument no longer applies because it's a tournament-level argument.

    We won't get into the other two arguments because it's clear I addressed them last time and doing so again is a waste.

    And if you want to speak in simpler terms, perhaps reduce confusion by not spelling like a third grader.

    injures != injuries

    greddy != greedy

    your != you're (x3)

    And it could help to use periods to end the half dozen or more sentences lacking them.

    Have a good day, lass.

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm too drunk too read this lol

    I love how it's bad word this, bad word that lol trash this, trash that lol I'll reply to this properly tomorrow when I feel the need to care what you say.

    All I see is stupid, dumb, trash and other stuff lol apparently being rank 1 since 2017 means nothing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'll give you a proper reply tomorrow but we'll see. No point wasting my time with someone who just doesn't understand what they're talking about.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1860155#Comment_1860155

    πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm too drunk too read this lol

    I love how it's bad word this, bad word that lol trash this, trash that lol I'll reply to this properly tomorrow when I feel the need to care what you say.

    All I see is stupid, dumb, trash and other stuff lol apparently being rank 1 since 2017 means nothing πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'll give you a proper reply tomorrow but we'll see. No point wasting my time with someone who just doesn't understand what they're talking about.

    I'm rank one. That means I'm smart. Just look how I can't spell basic words for evidence.

  • @chieften333 said:

    You were a fun perk while you lasted, you protected my totems dutifully. But we can't ignore that you were an RNG based perk that could be removed 30 seconds into the game, or easily seen with a map or two other perks. Or the fact that dull totems could be removed before the hex perks could be transferred. I guess survivors can't resist gens so much that they can't hop off one to do bones for extra points.

    You will be missed

    F in the chat. I loved this perk.

  • No because the perk is still good

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858455#Comment_1858455

    Exactly.

    And Hex-Perks are not meant to stay up all game. Two days ago I had a game against a Blight with Ruin/Undying (he did not have Tinkerer tho), and in that 12 minute game (he got a 4K), I cleansed 3 Totems and he still had Ruin and Undying left (he was a streamer and I watched the VOD afterwards, so I knew that those Totems were still in the game).

    And I only knew of 1 more Hex-Totem, so even if I would have been able to cleanse that as well, it would have been a 50/50 if Ruin is really gone. This just shows how good Totem Spots have become on many Maps and IMO it should not happen that you have to cleanse 5 Totems to cleanse one Hex.

    And now Undying can be used with other Hexes, while not being too oppressive with Devour Hope.

    This. Hexes are powerful and shouldn't stay up ALL match with literally no effort on the killers part.

    Ruin is the strongest gen regression and pressure perk in the game. Giving it the kind of protection and uptime Undying did was overkill and unnecessary.

    Killer mains who say otherwise need to reconsider that it's not always feasible to remove Ruin Undying in a timely manner. If a Survivor gets killed and removed from the game before Ruin Undying is removed the Survivors most likely can't win.

    The combination of any semblance of map pressure along with Ruin Undying makes it impossible to complete a 3 gen.

    I know Killers want good slowdown and gen regression is absolutely a mandatory thing but there's a point where it's just too much and it's literally oppressive and begins making things like Pop and Oppression completely pointless to run.

    This is a healthy change. You can still run Ruin Undying and they still have to cleanse it away. It still wastes time. Ruin is still powerful. You can camp and protect your Hex totems if you want to keep them in play as it should be instead of potentially maintaining Ruin Undying all match by doing nothing. Additionally this makes Devour Hope Undying infinitely more viable but nobody's talking about that huh.

    Wait until people start complaining about that combination lol

  • Guess undying wasn't undying after all huh.

  • Fare thee well undying. You passed away way too soon. That’s what I will say when I occasionally run you now that you’ve been butchered. Perhaps you should’ve been called un-neuterable so they couldn’t have taken your balls.

1 2 β€Ί