Is there a real good reason to ever leave tier one on Micheal

The undetectable buff seems so good I just don’t see a reason to leave tier one. Ya I can’t chase as good but I’ve found myself walking right up on healing survivors and grabbing them while they’re working on generators lol

I guess it’s possible I’m just not good at chasing and so I find myself more successful staying stealthy

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • And that’s without his addons that counter the downsides on tier one and that awesome one that lets you see the survivors marker with stalk while preventing you from going past the tier

  • @Msterflex said:

    The undetectable buff seems so good I just don’t see a reason to leave tier one. Ya I can’t chase as good but I’ve found myself walking right up on healing survivors and grabbing them while they’re working on generators lol

    I guess it’s possible I’m just not good at chasing and so I find myself more successful staying stealthy

    If you bring Scratch Mirror and get a good closed map then it is absolutely worth it to stay in T1(well you would have no other choice with the addon anyways). Otherwise on a general match that would literally be against his power, the stealth is there mainly to make it easier for him to stalk.

  • @slowbeice said:

    As a michael player, I find it fascinating that there are some people who would choose to remain at a slow movement speed just to get a small buff to stealth. I dont know what kind of survivors you are playing against, but higher ranked ones will never let you catch them at tier1.

    Well I’m a little new. Been playing for a few weeks now

  • @Msterflex said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856083#Comment_1856083

    Well I’m a little new. Been playing for a few weeks now

    Try the perk Monitor & Abuse on him (teachable from Doctor). It reduces your terror radius by 8m. Evil Within II gives you a 16m terror radius, with Monitor & Abuse you go down to 8m which is very little. Upside is that you get the regular attack range and movement speed.

  • It's good but you aren't winning chases staying at Tier 1.

    Tier 3 is so much more powerful and even just Tier 2 makes a huge difference.

    Now for fun you can stay at Tier 1, but you should use some add-ons and perks to mitigate the problem of staying at Tier 1. Even then it won't work against high level survivors unless you are on a very favorable map like Lery's.

  • Yes. It's just a debuff. T1 moves too slow and has no lunge, which means you ain't looping. And, well, unless you have Scratched Mirror on a small indoor map you aren't getting anything done against any survivor with the slightest experience in DbD.

    If you want to play Stealthy Myers, just use Monitor and Abuse. It takes your T2 terror radius down to 8m but otherwise you play as a 115 killer. Honestly, I win more games playing mostly T2 with a single T3 pop for pressure than I do playing the "proper" way.

  • Scratched Mirror + Broken Glasses/Mary's Letter/Hawkins Lab ID. I've had some matches that made me [BAD WORD] my pants against Michaels that did this.

  • @Msterflex said:

    The undetectable buff seems so good I just don’t see a reason to leave tier one. Ya I can’t chase as good but I’ve found myself walking right up on healing survivors and grabbing them while they’re working on generators lol

    I guess it’s possible I’m just not good at chasing and so I find myself more successful staying stealthy

    If it's how you enjoy the game, go for it and play that way, but it definitely makes it way harder as you're slower and your lunge is minimal. Generally tier 2 at least is recommended, but tier 1 for sure has it's fun moments.

    @MadLordJack said:

    Yes. It's just a debuff. T1 moves too slow and has no lunge, which means you ain't looping. And, well, unless you have Scratched Mirror on a small indoor map you aren't getting anything done against any survivor with the slightest experience in DbD.

    If you want to play Stealthy Myers, just use Monitor and Abuse. It takes your T2 terror radius down to 8m but otherwise you play as a 115 killer. Honestly, I win more games playing mostly T2 with a single T3 pop for pressure than I do playing the "proper" way.

    Actually, I'd contest the first part - Scratched Mirror with Boyfriend's Memo + Devour Hope can be a nasty combination on indoor maps if you play it right. Many jumpscares and it can really help. To some degree I'd suggest Ruin too as it keeps the survivors occupied by looking for them. Even experienced survivors can be very confused where to find the generators on indoor maps, which gives you a big advantage, especially if you hide and wait once you know which direction a survivor is walking into.

  • Going to guess you are new. This would work against bad survivors but once you go against even mediocre ones you will fail every single time.

    Just to give you an idea. T1 myers walks at 4.2m/s, survivors run at 4 m/s so you gain distance at 0,2 m/s.

    If a survivor sees you when you are 10m away and they start running in a straight line without using any pallets or windows it will take you 50 seconds before you can hit them. Once. Without any pallet or window used.

    That's 3 generators halfway if the rest work on gens. This will only work on survivors who try to hide from you. Once you get survivors that will just run away you will suffer

    If you like this strategy i would suggest picking up ghostface. He bassicly has undetectable all the time and he doesn't slow down to a crawl