That’s it! I’m never taking off Calm Spirit, Technician, Visionary, and Wake Up.
I’m sick of...
- Doc.
- Infectious Fright.
- Killers thinking they’re being clever running BBQ with Iron Maiden.
- Skill checks popping up exactly as I let go of a gen, or when a noise/hook notification obscures where the skill check should be.
- Getting down to the last 1 or 2 gens on Lery’s, The Game, Hawkins, or Midwich, and having no friggin clue where the remaining gens are.
- Getting spun around for many numerous reasons once the last gen pops and cannot remember where the exit gate notifications popped up.
- Being the last survivor alive but the killer finds the hatch before me.
Thank you you for indulging me tonight’s rant.
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Keep it up, you absolute mad lad.
The skill checks should behave like the Overcharge one where you can still pass them even if you just tap the Gen. Don’t understand why it was implemented for Overcharge but not normal skillchecks, would have been more understandable the other way around.
for the exit gates, hatch and gens you could also use maps though! So you can still use other perks of you want to.
Maps usually bring out the tunnelling, franklins, and blindness add ons in killers.
Plus if I’m the last survivor alive I want the gate opening speed boost.
An unusual but strangely well made unique build that works for you, I like it
Never noticed tunneling or any behavior against a sole map, only when paired with a key (because of SWF) but then again I rarely use maps so it’s not like I would know..
i like Wake Up! myself and use it often, so if you get value out of it, use it, just wanted to give an alternative if you only use it to find gates
I've never gone against a Bbq iron maiden killer in all my games of dbd.
Good duo might try it myself c:
I see it regularly.
It’s a nightmare. Especially when it’s BBQ, Infectious, and Iron Maiden. Without Calm Spirit it’s awful.
Well wake up isn't even that bad tbh, but you really should consider playing with the super fun and interesting meta perks
Let's be honest, who brings Iron Maiden other than Huntress' and people who try to do Adept Legion achievement?
It looks like a fun build. I'd personally use Déjà Vu over Visionary, though.
I might try the same thing, just replacing Visionary with my sweet Botany.
I face a lot of these annoyances pretty often as well.
I’ll tell you who. Killers that dont want survivors countering BBQ by getting into lockers. I see it roughly once or twice every 10 games.
I like how the killer can easily switch perks to Lightborn when he sees flashlights in the lobby and to Franklin's if he just doesn't like the items, but the survivors have no way to know who the killer is, so they can't just put Calm Spirit against the Doctor and Clown or Small Game against the Trapper, so a build that could be good against specific killers is just wasted perk slots in all other occasions.
You must be really lucky, because I saw it only on one or two Huntress' last month, literally nobody plays that perk.
Doctors to counter people hiding when they go to do a shock, killers running BBQ, killers that run Nurses and got sick of Inner Strength countering it. I see it about the same as TheClownIsKing - once or twice every 10 games.
Lol, I don’t feel lucky. I feel irritated.
I’m seeing a trend of killers smartening up to Iron Maidens versatility.
What does visionary and wake up do?
In fairness, I DON’T think it should be possible to still complete the skill check after touching a gen/letting go of it. That shouldn’t even happen with Overcharge, and it’s astonishing the devs still haven’t addressed this. It would just be maddening for killers if this were the case for all skill checks.
I would much rather go against Iron Maiden + BBQ than Ruin + Undying.
I saw it increase after the Doctor was reworked and Doctors realized survivors were countering their power by hiding in lockers. Then the multiple locker perks like head on and inner strength definitely increased its use too.
I’m going to presume you’re not being sarcastic.
Visionary shows gen auras within 32m. Wake Up shows the exit switch auras constantly once the gates are powered, plus allows the gates o be opened 15% faster. It’s a good “last survivor alive” perk if the killer closes the hatch.
Well, I could do a Iron Maiden count, after 50 games I will come back and tell you my results!
Left Behind?
For overcharge I agree. Tapping should just let the gen explode. The perk is weak enough as is.
but normal skill checks that come up when letting go of the gen are annoying the way they are now.
How about both in the same match?
Regularly?
I was running that, but more often than not the killer was still finding and closing the hatch first.
“Hooray. I can see the aura of the closed hatch that I can’t do anything about. Yay.”
If both were in the same match all the time I wouldn't care that much for Iron Maiden, because I don't counter BBQ by lockers, so for me Iron Maiden basically doesn't exist, with Ruin + Undying I would do what I do now, when I see a totem I just cleanse it.
Understandable, have a great day!
Ok
Iron maiden is my secret weakness.
I just can't resist jumping in and out of lockers all game long,whenever i notice a killer running that perk
Finally someone sees the great uses of wake up and visionary.
Visionary/Wake Up are okay. I'd probably switch for a good exhaustion perk like DH or BT or even DS. I like Dejavu since it shows you 3 locations. Helps to avoid a strong 3 gen situation for killer if coordinated well.
You crazy cat
Ok