You don't want me to "get good"

The next time someone has the guts in post-game chat to call me a garbage killer who needs to get good, I'm gonna do exactly what I did tonight: pick up the Twins and slug everyone in the next match. I like to call it a revenge match. You may say "but those survivors didn't do anything to you!" You can't fault me for this because there is no rematch button, so it must be a new set of survivors I face, and also it's part of the game and I can play that way if I want. If other people get to use those excuses, so do I. So I'm gonna get good, or "do better" you might call it. I'm gonna slug for the 4, proxy the hook, maybe make someone DC in the process, and I don't care if I depip or black pip because I WON. That's what "getting good" looks like, so be careful what you wish for.

Comments

  • Yes, complain about the problem you are a large part of.



    image.png


  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854131#Comment_1854131

    Everyone out here handing you your clown license and you come away thinking "THEN LET ME BE EVIL, O GOD WHO'ST SPURNED ME"

    Over a video game.

    Get over yourself.

    Edited.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    Yes, complain about the problem you are a large part of.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/7PCNYKP7II6J/image.png

    So I go off for a match or 2. That makes me "part of the problem"? I never said I did this regularly.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854204#Comment_1854204

    So I go off for a match or 2. That makes me "part of the problem"? I never said I did this regularly.

    Are you trying to walk it back now? After doubling down on your whole manifesto about how everyone's been mean to you and now it's your turn to be the villain?

    Save yourself the embarrassment, take the L and move on.

    Everyone has to learn from their tantrums. Some later than others.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854155#Comment_1854155

    Yeah, and nothing happened since I posted that. After all these years, not a peep from the devs to address toxicity. Not even a "we don't approve of this". So eventually I said ######### it and dropped the morality argument. It's an honor system that nobody plays by, so why should I?

    I don't need to take this from you. There's a host of people on this forum that are on my case about any and every post I make. What's the harm in 1 more person?

    Well,what do you think are the devs supposed to do in order to stop toxicity?

    There's only so much the devs can do against it like banning people for harassment or griefing.

    Toxicity will always be a part of online gaming unfortunately.There won't be somekind of miracle that completely gets rid of toxicity.A message from the devs won't do anything either.

    I disagree,there are actually a lot of players that behave normally without being overly toxic but people are more likely to remember the bad ones.

    Also,just ask yourself.Do you really want to become one of those people that get satisfaction from ruining other peoples fun?

  • When someone tells me to get good, it's usually because they salty that I camped the hook at endgame. I just like to laugh at them for it.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854175#Comment_1854175

    Well,what do you think are the devs supposed to do in order to stop toxicity?

    There's only so much the devs can do against it like banning people for harassment or griefing.

    Toxicity will always be a part of online gaming unfortunately.There won't be somekind of miracle that completely gets rid of toxicity.A message from the devs won't do anything either.

    I disagree,there are actually a lot of players that behave normally without being overly toxic but people are more likely to remember the bad ones.

    Also,just ask yourself.Do you really want to become one of those people that get satisfaction from ruining other peoples fun?

    I don't know what I'm saying. Sometimes you say something stupid while you're in a bad state of mind and you double down on it to form a facade of confidence. I wish I could take it all back. Thanks for your concern. It's just hard to be the better man sometimes. I'll try to stay the course once again.

  • @TAG said:

    When someone tells me to get good, it's usually because they salty that I camped the hook at endgame. I just like to laugh at them for it.

    Because what else can you do in that situation? Let them go for free? It's regrettable that we even have to do that, and it would be nice if the survivors recognized that. But yeah, I feel you.

  • I thought this thread was gonna be something like...

    "You're making me git gud. You wouldn't like me when I git gud."

    Cue Hulk rage out.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854228#Comment_1854228

    I don't know what I'm saying. Sometimes you say something stupid while you're in a bad state of mind and you double down on it to form a facade of confidence. I wish I could take it all back. Thanks for your concern. It's just hard to be the better man sometimes. I'll try to stay the course once again.

    It's hard to admit that. Props.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854228#Comment_1854228

    I don't know what I'm saying. Sometimes you say something stupid while you're in a bad state of mind and you double down on it to form a facade of confidence. I wish I could take it all back. Thanks for your concern. It's just hard to be the better man sometimes. I'll try to stay the course once again.

    Hopefully this has all proved to be a strengthening experience.

    Respect.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854228#Comment_1854228

    I don't know what I'm saying. Sometimes you say something stupid while you're in a bad state of mind and you double down on it to form a facade of confidence. I wish I could take it all back. Thanks for your concern. It's just hard to be the better man sometimes. I'll try to stay the course once again.

    That's completely understandable.

    Everyone makes mistakes,that's just human.It's very respectable of you that you were able to understand the mindset you've fallen into was the wrong one.

    I was at that point as well.I too got fed up several times with all these survivors BM'ing and insulting me even if i did nothing wrong.

    It sometimes gets to you and you just start to think "If they treat my like an ***hole killer then i might just play like one!".

    Always remind yourself to just pity those kind of people,whose life seems to be so empty that they need to get their satisfaction from making other peoples life hell.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854175#Comment_1854175

    Well,what do you think are the devs supposed to do in order to stop toxicity?

    There's only so much the devs can do against it like banning people for harassment or griefing.

    Toxicity will always be a part of online gaming unfortunately.There won't be somekind of miracle that completely gets rid of toxicity.A message from the devs won't do anything either.

    I disagree,there are actually a lot of players that behave normally without being overly toxic but people are more likely to remember the bad ones.

    Also,just ask yourself.Do you really want to become one of those people that get satisfaction from ruining other peoples fun?

    Sure, it's a viscous circle. Survivors are toxic, killer is toxic to the next group, survivors want revenge on the next killer and so on.

    But there is only so much someone can take, before snapping.

    I think we should fight toxicity at the root. We have quite the amount of toxic streamers which have people imitating them. That needs to stop.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1854228#Comment_1854228

    Sure, it's a viscous circle. Survivors are toxic, killer is toxic to the next group, survivors want revenge on the next killer and so on.

    But there is only so much someone can take, before snapping.

    I think we should fight toxicity at the root. We have quite the amount of toxic streamers which have people imitating them. That needs to stop.

    Yeah and this is the type of people they create. Look at this garbage. https://youtu.be/zfmBU9it11Q

  • If that's what it takes to make you feel good... go ahead. Me - I realize it's a game and not really all that important in the grand scheme of things.

1 2 ›