If maps had hazards, what would they be?

Personally I think something like what Hunt: Showdown does would be best. With noise hazards alerting other hunters of your position.

There could be broken glass on the ground in some places, making loud crackling noises if you step on it. Piles of cans that make rattling sounds when disturbed.

They could also be map dependent, like cold wind having a cage full of pigs that squeal when anyone gets near them.

Could also be hanging noise makers in doorways as well, they wouldn't make noise if you croutch through them. Or injured animals in some locations that also make noise.

In general, stuff like that would be pretty cool to me.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Swamp maps should have water that splashes louder than Elodie's screams so I can finally find the P3 Claudette.

  • I wouldn't mind things like this, I do think some things would probably have to be adjusted slightly to make it fully viable. It's like the rats that squeal on Hawkins when you are in that room - I love little details like that.

  • @BattleCast said:

    Swamp maps should have water that splashes louder than Elodie's screams so I can finally find the P3 Claudette.

    I don't think anything can top Elodie's screams.

    I get deafened everytime I play doctor against her, especially with my headphones.

  • Yeah that would be cool. Make the maps more lifelike

  • Map dependent hazards, hmm...

    Macmillan: Holes in the ground you can trip into (they're obvious holes), remnants of the mining on the Estate.

    Autohaven: Cars that make noise if you get too close (their alarm goes off)

    Coldwind: Not sure but, I like your idea of some injured pigs.

    Asylum: Not sure about this one.

    Haddonfield: The houses are alarmed the first time they're entered.

    Backwater Swamp: Well, there's the crow bombs so maybe that's good for it still, but there could be puddles of actual swampland that slows everyone down if they're in there.

    Lery's: Computers/TVs that burst into static when you run near (walking/crouching is good).

    Red Forest: Toys of the children strewn all over the map, they can squeak if you run over them.

    Springwood: I've never seen NOES so I can't comment on it.

    Gideon Meat Plant: Lots of Billys that cackle at you.

    Yamaoka: Wind chimes (make noise if you're near) and/or leaf piles (slow you down if you run in them).

    Ormond: Like the leaves on Yamaoka, but snow. Also actual footprints in the snow.

    Hawkins: I honestly don't know.

    Glenvale: The vultures can be more frequent and make noise if a survivor is near.

    Silent Hill: I don't know because I've never played the games.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    Yeah that would be cool. Make the maps more lifelike

    It could also open up avenues for more offerings, that could either increase or decrease the amount of noise hazards on maps.

  • @chieften333 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851643#Comment_1851643

    It could also open up avenues for more offerings, that could either increase or decrease the amount of noise hazards on maps.

    Do you think some hazardous environment areas where you are injured would be cool like on Autohaven you could get caught in the car crusher. Or if there were pigs on Coldwind they'd bite you

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Map dependent hazards, hmm...

    Macmillan: Holes in the ground you can trip into (they're obvious holes), remnants of the mining on the Estate.

    Autohaven: Cars that make noise if you get too close (their alarm goes off)

    Coldwind: Not sure but, I like your idea of some injured pigs.

    Asylum: Not sure about this one.

    Haddonfield: The houses are alarmed the first time they're entered.

    Backwater Swamp: Well, there's the crow bombs so maybe that's good for it still, but there could be puddles of actual swampland that slows everyone down if they're in there.

    Lery's: Computers/TVs that burst into static when you run near (walking/crouching is good).

    Red Forest: Toys of the children strewn all over the map, they can squeak if you run over them.

    Springwood: I've never seen NOES so I can't comment on it.

    Gideon Meat Plant: Lots of Billys that cackle at you.

    Yamaoka: Wind chimes (make noise if you're near) and/or leaf piles (slow you down if you run in them).

    Ormond: Like the leaves on Yamaoka, but snow. Also actual footprints in the snow.

    Hawkins: I honestly don't know.

    Glenvale: The vultures can be more frequent and make noise if a survivor is near.

    Silent Hill: I don't know because I've never played the games.

    Ooo, for Lery's they could make the TV's flash doctor's face with the loud static sounds.

    Ah that'd be dope as [BAD WORD]

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    They kinda have that with Crows, but you need to be so vigilant (both visually and auditorily), that it's generally overlooked.

    The crows feel kind of outdated to me. Especially when you get to indoor maps, where crows don't really make much sense.

    With environmental hazards it can be map dependant with stuff like what GoodboyKaru suggested. It would also give each of them more character with their individual noise hazards.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851649#Comment_1851649

    Do you think some hazardous environment areas would be cool like on Autohaven you could get caught in the car crusher. Or if there were pigs on Coldwind they'd bite you

    I think those would mess with the gameplay loop too much.

    The only other hazard type I could think of would be slowing hazards. Those at least would be more fair when it comes to matches.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1851658#Comment_1851658

    It would also require more time invested both to set those effects up, and maintain/regress them.

    Probably would be better off improving a universal audio cue.

    I guess expecting effort out of BHVR is a pipe dream anyway.

    But still, a man can dream.