Why can't the killer see the wiggle bar?

I've been wondering this for a couple days now. It wouldn't exactly be meta shattering for a killer to know how close a survivor is to wiggling.

I think at some point the devs said they wanted the "carrying a survivor to the hook" section of a match to be somewhat risky for killer ( could be wrong, don't quote me on this ).

Even if the above is true, I still don't see the harm in being able to see the wiggle bar. Like I said, it wouldn't destroy the current meta. It could be a neat quality of life change, which could be a over the weekend experiment to see of it actually does affect matches.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Maybe there should be a perk for it like Iron Grasp or Mad Grit since those perks don't have much use anyways, a little bonus wouldn't hurt

  • I feel like it gives the killer of the knowledge of knowing which hooks to go to a lot more. Being able to see the wiggle progression lets you know how far you can go with hooks, a good example being knowing whether you can reach the basement or not.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844262#Comment_1844262

    I agree but the point is taking the guess work out of killer doesn't fix the survivor issue.

    The more effective solution would be to leave the guess work for killer and tone down the information for survivor.

    Otherwise we end up in the current scenario which is bloated perks and mechanics that came in because the other had X perk/mechanic, its a "what-about-ism" kind of thinking that just leads to perk bloat and a watered down game experience.

    I don't think killer is that hindered by not seeing the meter, I think survivor escapes from the killer would plummet due to being able to see how far along they are. Taking the planning and guesswork out of the game in generally is a bad thing.

    Killer is not hindered without it.

    But it would be a QoL change.

    Killer is already stressful enough. Having to count to guess if he reaches the basement shouldn't be necessary.

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844184#Comment_1844184

    I mean is this for a challenge or something? Literally run Agitation and Iron Grasp in that case - the one time either of these perks are ever going to be useful.

    Killer has to take 2 perks for a chance to reach the basement. I repeat, 2 perks and it's not even guaranteed. It's not like the killer has 20 perk slots or something.

  • crap no, best way to nerf breakout lol.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844331#Comment_1844331

    Killer is not hindered without it.

    But it would be a QoL change.

    Killer is already stressful enough. Having to count to guess if he reaches the basement shouldn't be necessary.

    Trying to reach the basement is often not the most effective play. There are plenty of hooks to choose from and if you consider your path prior to picking up a survivor then they should rarely, if ever, escape you. I make sure to know exactly which hook or hooks I plan to carry a survivor to before I pick em up.

    If you want to leverage the basement as part of a basement build then you have to direct your chases toward there and down accordingly, or you take the required perks to achieve that, as it should be. Why, as killer, should you have free access to the basement without thinking and then load up with other perks.

    Taking two perks to guarantee a basement hook is part of making a basement build. Doing it without those perks is called strategy and forethought.

    Killer is sweaty for a myriad of other reasons and seeing the struggle bar won't change that. Its not a QOL change its a spoon feed information change that inevitably will downgrade the forethought and strategic thinking needed. Hence what I mean by watering down the game experience.

    Ask yourself are your directing where the survivors go when chasing or are you following them? Because if its the latter then you are doing it poorly.

    You will not be in control of every chase but as killer you should be in control of most of them. Perks and tech that let survivors change that state of the game in their favor are the real problem, not a players' inability to judge where the hooks are.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844826#Comment_1844826

    Trying to reach the basement is often not the most effective play. There are plenty of hooks to choose from and if you consider your path prior to picking up a survivor then they should rarely, if ever, escape you. I make sure to know exactly which hook or hooks I plan to carry a survivor to before I pick em up.

    If you want to leverage the basement as part of a basement build then you have to direct your chases toward there and down accordingly, or you take the required perks to achieve that, as it should be. Why, as killer, should you have free access to the basement without thinking and then load up with other perks.

    Taking two perks to guarantee a basement hook is part of making a basement build. Doing it without those perks is called strategy and forethought.

    Killer is sweaty for a myriad of other reasons and seeing the struggle bar won't change that. Its not a QOL change its a spoon feed information change that inevitably will downgrade the forethought and strategic thinking needed. Hence what I mean by watering down the game experience.

    Ask yourself are your directing where the survivors go when chasing or are you following them? Because if its the latter then you are doing it poorly.

    You will not be in control of every chase but as killer you should be in control of most of them. Perks and tech that let survivors change that state of the game in their favor are the real problem, not a players' inability to judge where the hooks are.

    So survivors being spoon fed tons of information is ok. But killers getting a QoL change is bad.

    Mmhhkay.

    Don´t worry, i won´t touch the killer role any time soon. I´ll stick to survivor. Much easier and apparently what the devs want: everyone switching to survivor.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845386#Comment_1845386

    So survivors being spoon fed tons of information is ok. But killers getting a QoL change is bad.

    Mmhhkay.

    Don´t worry, i won´t touch the killer role any time soon. I´ll stick to survivor. Much easier and apparently what the devs want: everyone switching to survivor.

    oh ffs, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

    Under no circumstances did I say survivor being spoon fed info was ok, it is a problem as I've said and needs to be addressed. Re-read the previous posts I think you missed something.

    Not wanting an unnecessary spoon feeding of info to the killer in no way implies I am ok or pro survivor spoon feeding. They are both bad.

    This is called objective assessment, I was agreeing with you on survivor info overload and saying that killer info overloading isn't the solution to that.

    Your last post makes absolutely no sense so either you have failed to understand my point or you are now fishing for a tit for tat argument that was never there to begin with. Either way I've made my point, re-read it and try and understand it, or not, up to you.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844536#Comment_1844536

    Killer has to take 2 perks for a chance to reach the basement. I repeat, 2 perks and it's not even guaranteed. It's not like the killer has 20 perk slots or something.

    And? If it is for a challenge who cares? If it isn't for a challenge don't run the awful perks and hook them on any of the 37 other hooks you will be able to make it to.

  • @pseudechis said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845465#Comment_1845465

    oh ffs, reading comprehension isn't your strong suit is it?

    Under no circumstances did I say survivor being spoon fed info was ok, it is a problem as I've said and needs to be addressed. Re-read the previous posts I think you missed something.

    Not wanting an unnecessary spoon feeding of info to the killer in no way implies I am ok or pro survivor spoon feeding. They are both bad.

    This is called objective assessment, I was agreeing with you on survivor info overload and saying that killer info overloading isn't the solution to that.

    Your last post makes absolutely no sense so either you have failed to understand my point or you are now fishing for a tit for tat argument that was never there to begin with. Either way I've made my point, re-read it and try and understand it, or not, up to you.

    As i said before, it would just be a small QoL change for killers.

    No information overload.

    No spoon feeding.

    No other nonsense.

    Just a small progress bar, that would help a killer in deciding IF it is worth to go for a further away hook. Imagine for a second, killer takes (as already mentioned) Iron Grip + Agitation + Mad Grid. He then gets body blocked on the way to the basement. Misses 2 or 3 hits and lands 2 hits. Now, will the killer reach the basement? Would it be better to go for the saver, closer hook?

    Why would the killer have to guess instead of knowing that he won´t make it? Killer is already stressful enough as it is. Also the above perks could use that QoL change.

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1844831#Comment_1844831

    And? If it is for a challenge who cares? If it isn't for a challenge don't run the awful perks and hook them on any of the 37 other hooks you will be able to make it to.

    Killer choosing a specific hook for strategical reasons. Changing his loadout for that playstyle from Undying Ruin to this.

    Is that a bad thing? To mix up the meta?

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845504#Comment_1845504

    Killer choosing a specific hook for strategical reasons. Changing his loadout for that playstyle from Undying Ruin to this.

    Is that a bad thing? To mix up the meta?

    What does choosing a specific hook for strategical reasons have to do with Iron Grasp and Agitation? When is the last time you picked someone up and didn't have a minimum of 3 different hooks you could make it to? Choose one of them based on the situation, no need to hook basement most of the time.

  • This really doesn't seem necessary at all. I mean, if it matters to you.. just count. It's not just a "quality of life" update, it's a buff that could save the killer a lot of pressure in many situations. Not saying it would be game changing, but it's a hand holding kind of buff that I'd rather the devs not waste their time on.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845386#Comment_1845386

    So survivors being spoon fed tons of information is ok. But killers getting a QoL change is bad.

    Mmhhkay.

    Don´t worry, i won´t touch the killer role any time soon. I´ll stick to survivor. Much easier and apparently what the devs want: everyone switching to survivor.

    Jesus dude.

    If that bitterness gets any more pointed it's gonna start seeing wins in jousting tournaments.

  • @Grandpa_Crack_Pipe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845465#Comment_1845465

    Jesus dude.

    If that bitterness gets any more pointed it's gonna start seeing wins in jousting tournaments.

    If you say so.

    Anyway, happy new year!

  • @shyguyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1845523#Comment_1845523

    What does choosing a specific hook for strategical reasons have to do with Iron Grasp and Agitation? When is the last time you picked someone up and didn't have a minimum of 3 different hooks you could make it to? Choose one of them based on the situation, no need to hook basement most of the time.

    Killers with traps have reasons to hook survivors in areas where they already set up traps (Bait).

    Killers without traps might want to hook the survivor in the middle of a 3 gen.

    Giving this game a little more strategic depth.

  • @sulaiman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1843371#Comment_1843371

    But if you were consistant with that, survivors should not be able to see how much a downed survivor has already healed himself, thus not knowing how much he has to heal to pick him up. He didnt perform the action, after all.

    this is an action BOTH survivors can perform, not inconsistent at all

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1843452#Comment_1843452

    Everyone is guessing. Thats how unreliable perks like Iron Grip, Agitation and Mad Grit are.

    That's not my point. There were people "apparently" not guessing but saying explicit numbers

  • @lagosta said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1843264#Comment_1843264

    Killers do have progress bars for actions they perform. Billy and Bubba can see their Chainsaw progress bar, Pyramid Head has Rites of Judgement and Cage progress bar, Doc has Static Blast and Shock Therapy progress bar, and the list goes on for individual powers.

    Not only that but all killers have Hang progress bars while hooking survivors, they also have damage generators progress bars. The only general action performed by the killer that doesn't have a progress bar is kicking pallets. Where did you get the idea that killers have no progress bars?

    Kicking pallets is a single action, you cannot cancel it or continue later. So this is not inconsistent imo. But From your list, I have to add that Demo Shred has no progress bar. This is probably because the abyss and Shred is on the same action and it could be annoying to have a bar everytime you just want to check for killer instinct, but I would at least like an audio or visual cue to know when max range is charged.

    This is a bit inconsistent

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1843970#Comment_1843970

    Kicking pallets is a single action, you cannot cancel it or continue later. So this is not inconsistent imo. But From your list, I have to add that Demo Shred has no progress bar. This is probably because the abyss and Shred is on the same action and it could be annoying to have a bar everytime you just want to check for killer instinct, but I would at least like an audio or visual cue to know when max range is charged.

    This is a bit inconsistent

    Yep, I didn't wanted to go through every single action. It is indeed inconsistent which actions have or not action bars, and I was illustrating counterexamples to Tsulan statement that killers have no action bars at all.

    What he is arguing tho is that the killer should have access to a progress bar generated by actions of survivors (wiggling). That precise interchange of information doesn't happen at all in the current game and whenever that happened before, it was removed. Plague could see infection progress and Legion could also see DW progress. That seems to go against the design philosophy of the devs in exchange for indirect signs of progress between rivals.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1843474#Comment_1843474

    That's not my point. There were people "apparently" not guessing but saying explicit numbers

    Oh yeah: 8, 10, 12, totally the same and not guessing.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846652#Comment_1846652

    Oh yeah: 8, 10, 12, totally the same and not guessing.

    oh yeah. like it was ONE guy that said all these numbers. YOU say it is guessing, but it looked that THEY were pretty confident at what they are saying. And that was my whole point. I asked if they know and who is correct and everyone elses response was jsut a generalizing "noone knows" (like you did) and I asked that guy if he insinuates that these 3 were just throwing random numbers on purpose. Got my question now? Can you justify or prove that they are wrong? Or are you just guessing they are wrong?

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846724#Comment_1846724

    oh yeah. like it was ONE guy that said all these numbers. YOU say it is guessing, but it looked that THEY were pretty confident at what they are saying. And that was my whole point. I asked if they know and who is correct and everyone elses response was jsut a generalizing "noone knows" (like you did) and I asked that guy if he insinuates that these 3 were just throwing random numbers on purpose. Got my question now? Can you justify or prove that they are wrong? Or are you just guessing they are wrong?

    No, they're all right. Depending on the time of the day 🤣

    It would be nice tho, to know exactly how long the has with each one of the perks.

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1846735#Comment_1846735

    No, they're all right. Depending on the time of the day 🤣

    It would be nice tho, to know exactly how long the has with each one of the perks.

    Wow. Still got no clear answer to my question for 3 pages now

1 2 ›