Can someone explain the match making?

I’m kinda new to this game and I don’t get why this is happening. I queue up as killer and I play with people my rank and it’s fun but once in every 4 ish games I’m playing with red ranks, usually 1’s and 2’s and I’m only rank 9 (currently) and I get absolutely destroyed and I usually get off because it’s not fun. Can anyone explain?

Comments

  • I just shake it off and move on to the next. If you're new of course you're gonna struggle against people who have the best perks. Best you can do is try and learn something from them.

  • When players first queue up, the game tries to match them with other players of similar rank. The longer players are in the queue, the wider the range becomes, and if the queue is long enough for one side you start seeing newbie players versing red ranks. Survivors playing with friends can also mess up the matchmaking.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    When players first queue up, the game tries to match them with other players of similar rank. The longer players are in the queue, the wider the range becomes, and if the queue is long enough for one side you start seeing newbie players versing red ranks. Survivors playing with friends can also mess up the matchmaking.

    This is the correct answer, but I'm gonna post anyway.

    When a new player installs the game, the matchmaking system rushes to find the angriest, most deadly rank 1 killer available and goes down the list until it finds one. If you're a killer, the system automatically pairs you against four of the most tryhard invincible survivors to walk the earth.

    Welcome to Dead by Daylight, thanks and have fun!