Honest Players Get Zero Respect

So I'm one of these guys who always tries to play the game the right way. I prefer builds that are not antagonistic. As a survivor I try to be a team player (unless a rift challenge encourages me to be selfish which is inevitable). As a killer I avoid tunnelling (although sometimes being a chaser type of killer it happens naturally) and never facecamp or slug.


This game is obviously not targeted towards people like me.


More and more lately I'm coming up against players not interested in using skill. As a survivor I get a slugger or facecamper at least 50-60% of the time. As a killer I constantly get over-aggressive survivors or worse I get DCs and teabaggers if I'm playing well.


The culture of this game SUCKS. The toxicity is born of poor character design, devs saturating the game with underdeveloped killers who I swear go through zero beta testing and bugs galore. It is then promoted by people who get frustrated by the design of the game. Survivor vs Killer arguments on this forum are mute - the real issue here is the lack of developmental oversight.


Don't get me wrong - Dead By Daylight can be hugely satisfying and I massively enjoy the fun rounds. However for a game that generates massive profits I find the lack of investment shocking. Why am I paying to get constantly dunked on?


Pull your heads in devs. The players may add to the crap but it starts and ends with you guys.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Hex_UrbanEvasion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1842042#Comment_1842042

    It happens to me multiple times in a night. Usually the same couple players.

    But that's not what I'm here about. I just want to remind OP and everyone who disagrees with OP that no, you can't expect everyone to play by your rules, and no, you won't get along with everyone in the game, and no, you're not entitled to wins. However, the social contract of the game, as unenforceable and unstable as it is, does at least suggest that the game be played, like, for fun and entertainment, and that playing "as intended," per se, will net you more points and rank increases. It's not that someone has to play in a self-sacrificing manner and let the other side walk all over them, it's that, in some ways, killers and survivors have to work "together" to make the most of each match. If you don't believe that, consider what happens when you do have a match against a face camper. Whoever is camped is basically sacrificed for the rest of the team, and whoever escapes the match (if they're lucky enough to escape) leaves with such a pitiful score that they might even de-pip, and they'll have maybe enough BP to get two items off a bloodweb. Survivors need to be hit and hooked and chased off gens to rack up points, and killers need survivors to be unhooked and escape and work on gens for them to rack up points of their own. If one side chooses to say "[BAD WORD] points, I just want to ruin their game," it violates the weird contract set up, but there's nothing you or anyone can do about it.

    Except the devs. And it seems like perhaps, they aren't very concerned with that contract or the people involved, because it doesn't appear they do much to discourage that. And this isn't just the face campers, it's also the people who come into endgame chat just to tell you to ######### and list off all the racial slurs they know.

    This "contract" ur referring to, is the invisible survivor rulebook made by entitled survivors. This rulebook only applies to killers, by the survivors. Survivors do not have to follow any rules. Doesn't matter what's intended for or not. Killers at least "try" to follow the rulebook. Survivors don't have a rulebook. They are immune to any rules, and have no Honor. Survivors just do what they want. Especially complain.


    The point system changed over time to punish camping only cuz entitled survivors complained so much about it. Camping is a viable strategy.


    For the 1000th time. Every just needs to play how they want. That is the only rule that everyone should follow. All other rules and contracts are just a person's personal opinion.

  • Thank you for making my point. Shortcuts are the way to win. That's bad game design. I want better game design so winning is based on skill not stupid shortcuts that any 10 year old with Daddy's credit card can do (and let's face it - nobody gives a ######### that kids play this game despite it being rated). The killer vs survivor debate of who cheats most is irrelevant. I say the devs should create an environment where it is harder to "cheat" (I use that term only because it's used frequently on these servers).


    I came to this forum looking for advice. All I found was arguments about gameplay mechanics players have no real control over. It's time the devs did their job. Of course they never will because we're all stupid enough to keep spending our money and none of us wants to surrender our investment.

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    I refuse to blame the terrible behavior of people on game developers. Own up to your own bull#$!%, people.

    This. If a killer player has decided they're going to slug/camp they're going to do it. Even if they could easily win the game by playing properly. Likewise with survivors that play extremely scummy.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1838499#Comment_1838499

    This. If a killer player has decided they're going to slug/camp they're going to do it. Even if they could easily win the game by playing properly. Likewise with survivors that play extremely scummy.

    Fact is if a game is built properly this is never an issue because opportunities to act badly like this don't happen. Yeah bad players will play without sportsmanship but bad devs help bad players to be #########.

  • @NZCrazyMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1848002#Comment_1848002

    Fact is if a game is built properly this is never an issue because opportunities to act badly like this don't happen. Yeah bad players will play without sportsmanship but bad devs help bad players to be #########.


    That is just making excuses. You cannot blame "opportunity". I have the "opportunity" to steal expensive things at work every day, but I don't because I'm not a scumbag.

  • Playstyle ae not toxic, but only abusable unfun stuff (camping, tunneling, rushing objectives) made possible by balance issue/ nature itself of the gameplay. The toxic stuff players can do are the "taunts", like teabagging, gestures, click click, hit a guy on the hook many times, and soo on. Every online community has bad peoples, especially asimmetric and onevsone games, and games that let You have time to do offensive taunts. Dbd has many kids (or I suppose more adult with a kid mental attitude).

  • @EvanSnowWolf said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1848211#Comment_1848211

    That is just making excuses. You cannot blame "opportunity". I have the "opportunity" to steal expensive things at work every day, but I don't because I'm not a scumbag.

    Who am I making excuses for? Myself? A friend? Oh wait - I started this post to discuss game mechanics. I don't partake in these acts. The only people I know who do are random matchups. So I'm sorry but the whole notion I'm making excuses for anybody just doesn't fly. This gameplay can't be justified as anything other than players behaving badly in an environment CREATED FOR THAT PURPOSE.

  • For the record, I've decided to start clipping stuff to display this ######### ain't rare. This was today.

    https://youtu.be/KvGHPQwqDII

    https://youtu.be/ZN7aobEW7Jc

  • "This game is obviously not targeted towards people like me"

    It's targeted towards everyone? There are all types of players in this game and it is because there are no rules against how you play. Perhaps the problem is that some people expect everyone to play like they play. I like the feeling of going in to a game against a killer and not knowing what to expect. Or play killer with no idea how the survivors will play, if they are SWF or not.

    I'm sure the players that do tunnel/t-bag etc gets the least respect, not you. But the game is about killing/surviving not about getting respect. The best thing the devs could do is to permanently close that end game chat the PC-players have. For me on Xbox there is no problem I don't allow messages so I just play games and have no clue what people thinks or says I can't read it anyway ๐Ÿ˜€

  • @DBD78 said:

    "This game is obviously not targeted towards people like me"

    It's targeted towards everyone? There are all types of players in this game and it is because there are no rules against how you play. Perhaps the problem is that some people expect everyone to play like they play. I like the feeling of going in to a game against a killer and not knowing what to expect. Or play killer with no idea how the survivors will play, if they are SWF or not.

    I'm sure the players that do tunnel/t-bag etc gets the least respect, not you. But the game is about killing/surviving not about getting respect. The best thing the devs could do is to permanently close that end game chat the PC-players have. For me on Xbox there is no problem I don't allow messages so I just play games and have no clue what people thinks or says I can't read it anyway ๐Ÿ˜€

    There are ways the devs can adjust the game. How about disabling the ability to crouch during the endgame? Endgame should be about escaping anyway and if you do that then the unnecessary endgame teabagging can't happen. That's just one example a tiny change that would make a difference to the potential for toxicity.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1843480#Comment_1843480

    This "contract" ur referring to, is the invisible survivor rulebook made by entitled survivors. This rulebook only applies to killers, by the survivors. Survivors do not have to follow any rules. Doesn't matter what's intended for or not. Killers at least "try" to follow the rulebook. Survivors don't have a rulebook. They are immune to any rules, and have no Honor. Survivors just do what they want. Especially complain.

    The point system changed over time to punish camping only cuz entitled survivors complained so much about it. Camping is a viable strategy.

    For the 1000th time. Every just needs to play how they want. That is the only rule that everyone should follow. All other rules and contracts are just a person's personal opinion.

    Sounds like the words of a killer with a victim mentality.

  • @Hex_UrbanEvasion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1847266#Comment_1847266

    Sounds like the words of a killer with a victim mentality.

    Except that I'm a survivor. A unbias survivor without any entitlement.

  • @noctis129 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855855#Comment_1855855

    Except that I'm a survivor. A unbias survivor without any entitlement.

    You sound like a very biased survivor. With plenty of entitlement. You just want to pretend you don't because you think the "honorless" people who make up this fake rulebook for everyone else are somehow different/less than you.

  • @Hex_UrbanEvasion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855933#Comment_1855933

    You sound like a very biased survivor. With plenty of entitlement. You just want to pretend you don't because you think the "honorless" people who make up this fake rulebook for everyone else are somehow different/less than you.

    The only fair way to play the game is to play however ppl want to play. For someone to alter the another player to play a certain way is a entitled person.

1 2 โ€บ