Deathslinger is annoying
I can't believe I'm saying this but I prefer him over spirit. I cant stand slingers and their cheap ass ability. I had panic player miss a hit with the easiest shot but as soon as I'm like 6 meters away vaulting a window on grim pantry as he just turns the corner and quick scopes me. I run the tile right, he misses a shot but still gets a free down because of his ######### design. And no walking behind walls doesnt count as counter play because then you get m1 if you are in a loop you have nothing to hide behind. That's my problem with him his ability works too fast and it is just cheap. At least spirit can be looped conventionally and there is some semblance of 1v1 her only issue is lack of info but the lack of action is just so boring and cancerous to this game. And I'm officially killing myself on hook against any deathslinger that knows what they are doing because then I cant have a fun match. This may be entitled but I dont care this is the only entitlement im going to have and plus I'm entitled to fun so screw deathslinger
Comments
Gotta love these "I can't loop this killer so they = unfun >:(" posts.
I get your gripes with Slinger, (Spirit and Freddy are 10000% worse) but you really shouldn't be able to "conventionally loop" every killer.
Also you can't loop a Spirit, what're you talking about?
I mean yes that's the point at hand. If you cant loop a killer because of something outside of your control why play survivor all you have is chase interaction outside of gens. I'm willing to guess you're the pre throw, w key killer main. You aren't very good at survivor so you do the cheese strategy and call survivor easy right?
Komodo there is no point in making this, I've made hella posts about slinger in the past. You are beating a dead horse at this point. Just suicide on hook when you get him.
Maybe you should have anticipated his move and just dont make the vault.
First of all, don't try to say you know me. I don't got a damn thing to prove to you. Get off your high horse. At topic, no - I play both equally. I do find survivor easier to play as, but I don't think the role is braindead easy. I'm still learning how to combine loops together, but I'm certainly not a "Pre Throw, Hold W cheese gamer". I literally said I get the OP's gripes with Slinger, playing against a good one can be very unfun, but my point stands.
Not every single killer in this game should be a killer that can be looped, that would inevitably make them all the same damn thing, just with slightly different ways of getting around and damaging people. I would 100% rather go against a Slinger than a Spirit or a Freddy. The only irritating thing I dislike about Slinger is the people that play him tend to spam zone, but he's not the only killer that can zone. He just does it the best.
I think thats a survivor problem ie the role is lacking in gameplay mechanics. You have vaults and pallets. Any nuanced build is limited by often being very perk intensive and weaker then just running 4 second chance perks. Not to long ago I brought this up but everyone was so focused on the op killer no one thought wait maybe survior as a role needs new options that arent locked to a perk pool.
Deathslinger counterplay is not looping its literally holding the hell out of w and making him walk a long distance to get los on you. From that point on you need to try and draw the chase out as long as possible to force him to take riskier shots. If he only takes the easy ones the slinger will run out of time.
Not every killer needs to be locked into the looping defines balance nonesense. Only an inexperianced survior use ability to loop as a line for judging the balance of killer. If anything mobility is the key defining element that makes a killer powerful. Cough, freddy, spirit. I genuinely can't take arguments against the slinger seriously.
They always theme around fun which is subjective and an illogical measurement of balance. Only issues hate towards his strenghts never once addressing weaknesses and maybe how to fix him. Step it up.
I actually enjoy going against deathslinger but i feel like i'm in a minority.
nerf slinger he can shoot
I'd rather go against a slinger than a hag 100%. At least with slinger, I am able to do something against his best strength, which is the 1v1. Hag's biggest strength is defending hooks, and if you are on the hook, you have no control of anything except press M2 and wave your arms up and down at the killer.
Finally someone who enjoys going against me. ๐
Sounds like someone recently had a game vs a good Slinger and he came to the forums to rant about it.
My apologies for assuming I'm sorry. I do know that most players who think deathslinger is fine are flat out bad at survivor. I jumped the gun. That being said you are still learning to chain tiles which is more of an iq thing than a skill. Chaining multiple tiles takes skill but chaining a filler to a jungle gym or an LT wall is being smart.
No killer is looped the same way. Sure the foundation is the same running around a tile, vaulting etc, but that's every killer even nurse. What's different is how their power effects your pathing and what you do differently.
A good flick Billy makes you question whether you should flare out to avoid a flick, or a bubba makes you question are you gonna throw a pallet early to find windows to loop.
You are not looping a deathslinger is that the difference you want? A killer when played correctly effectively canceling chases? People have his unreactable insta shot, not just his zoning he can do that by existing because of his constant threat and no telegraph.
People say Spirit has a lot of coin-flip guessing games, which I understand in theory at very high-level play, but I at least usually feel like I have some sort of play vs. Spirit (trying to fake out where she predicts I will go, walking, doubling back, etc.).
Deathslinger is the killer who I feel is way more of a coin-flip encounter, because unlike going against a Huntress, there's no way to predict or dodge his projectile if he's got you in his sights. You either move left or you move right, and if there's no LOS blocker, good luck with that. He can also harpoon you from outside of his terror radius, which is just terrible to me. He is 100% the most unpleasant killer to go up against.
I'd still go against a Deathslinger than a Spirit any day of the week, but that's probably just 'cause I don't go against many good Deathslingers-- totally agree with you on the rest of it.
Even if it really isn't much (and it really isn't), you can still make a lucky guess and get out of Spirit's power for a little bit longer 'cause she's still gotta hit you with her sword. Meanwhile over here with Deathslinger, dude.. dude's got a gun. You don't dodge, he misses. And eventually, he's gonna stop missing.
Either way, going against top-level Spirits and Deathslingers are like coin flips if the coin was a marble and you died when it landed on the round end.
The reason why Deathslinger is so unfun to play against is that you are rewarded for going for cheap, close shots instead of harder to hit long-range ones.
Deathslinger is at his most fun when you are desperately trying to dodge out of the way before you make it to the next piece of cover when he sniping you, not getting shot because he had a line of sight for 2 seconds in a loop.
Huntress can do the exact same thing, but nobody seems to complain about her.
That's because she has to prep a hatchet throw. Takes a second to get the hatchet ready, takes a little longer to get it to full throwing power, slows her down the whole time, and there's multiple audio queues for exactly what's happening so you don't even have to look behind you.
Deathslinger can skip all that and shoot pretty much instantly with a quickscope.
A closer comparison would be old insta-hatchet Huntress, which was more than a little busted.
So i run around and get m1?
i like good killers but hate deathslinger
Thats what i loved when he came out
He is but people will still defend his badly designed instant ADS. I'd rather face Spirit because there is still some semblance of counterplay during phasing. Unless you can react in milliseconds you're not reacting, you're guessing to his shots. And like I heard a streamer say the other day, Deathslinger has the passive of survivors giving up their distance trying to dodge shots just from pressing ADS randomly. He's the worst designed killer since release Legion.
People tend to forget that survivors only have 2 things in this game: Killer interaction and doing the Objective.
The objective is boring, but thankfully the chase can be so exciting that this compensates the time you rot on a gen. Now imagine a Cowboy joins the realm, shoots you in the nuts and kills every possible interaction that might be fun..
I agree. My main issue with him is how 1 dimensional the entire reel mechanic is. People have said that Spirit takes agency away from the player, no she doesn't. You still have complete control over what you do. When Slinger spears you there is LITERALLY no agency because there is actually nothing you can do at this point. He just pulls you in and gets a hit. It is inevitable. You're not going to wiggle free or any BS, it's a joke that it's even there in the first place. Honestly for what it's worth I'd rather his spear just injured you straight up like a Huntress hatchet at this point. It'd basically be the same thing, except now he would be able to ALSO pull you way out of position so that the follow up show it easier.
His entire mechanic needs a rework. It's just lame to play against. ######### at least against Spirit you can pull some kind of ######### -ery and avoid a hit sometimes. You get speared, you get hit. There is no alternative. There is like a 1 in 1000 chance he won't hit you, and most of that has to do with general jank of the game. Bravo, the game bugged and you got away. Won't see that again for another 100 Slinger games.
All love for Bubba. I pretty much always have an enjoying game against him. Also playing Bubba is 99% of the time a good experience.
Agreed, when he is on you, and he misses a shot by like a centimeter when you juke him. It really does get your heart racing he is the only killer to me that gets your heart racing like that.