Overcharge + Oppression + Huntress Lullaby + Undying.

Just give it a try for a few matches. It’s a fun deviation from the usual meta that can work extraordinarily well.

I think we greatly overestimate the amount of survivors out there that actually never ever get caught out by Overcharge or Huntress Lullaby.

The key here is that any failed Overcharge skill check is an instant 21% regression (10% + Overcharge 5% + HL 6%). But the regular additional 6% from HL is still great for regular skill checks (healing or repairs) and the Oppression skill checks.

The beauty with Undying + HL, is that once around 3+ stacks are acquired it can make for a great strategy to mix in some slugging, in the hope that teammates screw up healing skillchecks as well. And even if stacks are reset due to Undying transferring the Hex to another totem, the additional 6% regression from failed skill checks remains in effect until HL is gone for good.

If you’re bored of your meta, but still want effective gen control that also extends to screwing with healing, just try it out for fun.

Comments

  • You are assuming I run the usual meta.

  • @Emeal said:

    You are assuming I run the usual meta.

    People assume a lot on the forums. Like a LOT.

  • My favourite assumption is the one that just won’t die: if anyone consistently wins with an off meta build, some how it’s because the match making algorithm by sheer magic has been matching that player with terrible opponents for 100% of their matches.

  • Does HL affect Oppression skill checks? I typically like to use Unnerving Presence as well. I might try out this build tho.

  • Throw in Blight with Soul Chemical and you have yourself a deal.

  • This just sounds evil on Massive TR Doc or Freddy

  • And somehow they're almost always wrong.

  • Overcharge gives only 5% regression. Overcharge does not stack with the normal and cradle penalties.

  • @VicThor said:

    Does HL affect Oppression skill checks? I typically like to use Unnerving Presence as well. I might try out this build tho.

    It definitely adds the extra 6% regression if they fail the skill check (16%)

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834830#Comment_1834830

    It definitely adds the extra 6% regression if they fail the skill check (16%)

    Are you certain it does?

    I ran Oppression on Freddy with the add-ons that adds regression and shows aura for sleeping survivors and I never saw a single aura from Oppression caused skill check failures. And I did this for a few games just to be sure.

    I don't think Oppression counts as a repairing skill check.

  • @Taingaran said:

    Overcharge gives only 5% regression. Overcharge does not stack with the normal and cradle penalties.

    Incorrect. It’s an ADDITIONAL 5% regression.

    So it’s the standard instant 10% regression for a failed skill check, + the 5% instant regression that Overcharge gives.

    And I’ve had it confirmed by a dev in the past that this does stack with other failed skill check regression (so Huntress Lullaby, Freddy’s skill check add ons, etc.)

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835290#Comment_1835290

    Are you certain it does?

    I ran Oppression on Freddy with the add-ons that adds regression and shows aura for sleeping survivors and I never saw a single aura from Oppression caused skill check failures. And I did this for a few games just to be sure.

    I don't think Oppression counts as a repairing skill check.

    It definitely does.

    You probably didn’t see the auras because those add ons are stupidly designed in that the noise notification obscured the auras, and the time window for the aura reveal ends about the same time as the mouse notification

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834815#Comment_1834815

    My favourite assumption is the one that just won’t die: if anyone consistently wins with an off meta build, some how it’s because the match making algorithm by sheer magic has been matching that player with terrible opponents for 100% of their matches.

    I like the assumption that every of their own matches is a sweaty swf more.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834856#Comment_1834856

    Incorrect. It’s an ADDITIONAL 5% regression.

    So it’s the standard instant 10% regression for a failed skill check, + the 5% instant regression that Overcharge gives.

    And I’ve had it confirmed by a dev in the past that this does stack with other failed skill check regression (so Huntress Lullaby, Freddy’s skill check add ons, etc.)

    I only found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGnHM3O-6g.

    But it turns out that the lullaby works for Overcharge, but the usual penalty does not work)

    But this video is before the lullaby change: in 4.3.0 the lullaby only works for gen repair and healing, and Overcharge is not really gen repair...

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    Just give it a try for a few matches. It’s a fun deviation from the usual meta that can work extraordinarily well.

    I think we greatly overestimate the amount of survivors out there that actually never ever get caught out by Overcharge or Huntress Lullaby.

    The key here is that any failed Overcharge skill check is an instant 21% regression (10% + Overcharge 5% + HL 6%). But the regular additional 6% from HL is still great for regular skill checks (healing or repairs) and the Oppression skill checks.

    The beauty with Undying + HL, is that once around 3+ stacks are acquired it can make for a great strategy to mix in some slugging, in the hope that teammates screw up healing skillchecks as well. And even if stacks are reset due to Undying transferring the Hex to another totem, the additional 6% regression from failed skill checks remains in effect until HL is gone for good.

    If you’re bored of your meta, but still want effective gen control that also extends to screwing with healing, just try it out for fun.

    Ty for being a voice of reason around here.

    I'm really tired of killers saying "ruin undying isn't that bad just do bones" and "my ruin undying gets cleansed SO FAST it's not that big of a deal just get better".

    Pop + Oppression is a really great combo too. Fun fact, there are other gen regression perks aside from Ruin and they can potentially last forever unlike Ruin and sometimes they're even more fun.

    Like, someone please tell me Pop isn't satisfying. You'd be lying if you told me that popping a gen that's almost complete isn't the most satisfying thing ever lol

    And Oppression is severely underrated.


  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834856#Comment_1834856

    Incorrect. It’s an ADDITIONAL 5% regression.

    So it’s the standard instant 10% regression for a failed skill check, + the 5% instant regression that Overcharge gives.

    And I’ve had it confirmed by a dev in the past that this does stack with other failed skill check regression (so Huntress Lullaby, Freddy’s skill check add ons, etc.)

    I only found this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISGnHM3O-6g. And there only Lullaby works for Overcharge, and the usual penalty does not. But this video is before the Lullaby change in 4.3.0: now the lullaby only works for healing and repairing the generator. And Overcharge is not really a generator fix)

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215226/overcharge-oppression-huntress-lullaby-undying

    Ty for being a voice of reason around here.

    I'm really tired of killers saying "ruin undying isn't that bad just do bones" and "my ruin undying gets cleansed SO FAST it's not that big of a deal just get better".

    Pop + Oppression is a really great combo too. Fun fact, there are other gen regression perks aside from Ruin and they can potentially last forever unlike Ruin and sometimes they're even more fun.

    Like, someone please tell me Pop isn't satisfying. You'd be lying if you told me that popping a gen that's almost complete isn't the most satisfying thing ever lol

    And Oppression is severely underrated.

    Thank you.

    And yeah Oppression is definitely underrated. Too many killers see “cool down”, and then they immediately mentally switch off.

    Huntress Lullaby is also still hugely underrated. Even with the nErFfff (let’s be honest, it was a very fair and needed change) it’s still an extremely powerful hex at 3+ stacks. It’s often completely overlooked how it greatly hinders healing as well, which means it’s a hex that can still have power IF the survivors still manage to finish repairs without finding and cleansing it, something that Ruin DOESN’T have after survivors complete repairs. To this day, i STILL get a fair portion of games whereby if I get 5 stacks on HL, and the survivors have trouble finding the totem, they sometimes just give up the next time I find them.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835885#Comment_1835885

    Thank you.

    And yeah Oppression is definitely underrated. Too many killers see “cool down”, and then they immediately mentally switch off.

    Huntress Lullaby is also still hugely underrated. Even with the nErFfff (let’s be honest, it was a very fair and needed change) it’s still an extremely powerful hex at 3+ stacks. It’s often completely overlooked how it greatly hinders healing as well, which means it’s a hex that can still have power IF the survivors still manage to finish repairs without finding and cleansing it, something that Ruin DOESN’T have after survivors complete repairs. To this day, i STILL get a fair portion of games whereby if I get 5 stacks on HL, and the survivors have trouble finding the totem, they sometimes just give up the next time I find them.

    Yes! When Lullaby gets going I get scared lol. It's tough to work through. I don't know what the previous version of Lullaby was as I'm still pretty new to the game, how did it function?

    And yeah, I get that cooldowns are much less attractive to killers as, time is always of the essence for them unlike survivors. Also there are certain cooldown perks that aren't good enough to warrant their long cooldown and vice versa. I really hope Behavior will look into buffing some old perks with that problem because while Ruin Undying is good and great for certain killers, more variety is always appreciated! It makes things more fresh for everyone and not everyone can necessarily get Ruin + Undying either. It's good to have options

  • @ukenicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835929#Comment_1835929

    Yes! When Lullaby gets going I get scared lol. It's tough to work through. I don't know what the previous version of Lullaby was as I'm still pretty new to the game, how did it function?

    And yeah, I get that cooldowns are much less attractive to killers as, time is always of the essence for them unlike survivors. Also there are certain cooldown perks that aren't good enough to warrant their long cooldown and vice versa. I really hope Behavior will look into buffing some old perks with that problem because while Ruin Undying is good and great for certain killers, more variety is always appreciated! It makes things more fresh for everyone and not everyone can necessarily get Ruin + Undying either. It's good to have options

    Lullaby used to notify survivors the very first time they hit a skill check, failed or succeeded, instead of now only showing after at least 1 stack is earned, or if a skill check is failed, whatever comes first.

    It also used to effect ANY skill check. So snap out it and jig saw boxes. Not fun.

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1835945#Comment_1835945

    Lullaby used to notify survivors the very first time they hit a skill check, failed or succeeded, instead of now only showing after at least 1 stack is earned, or if a skill check is failed, whatever comes first.

    It also used to effect ANY skill check. So snap out it and jig saw boxes. Not fun.

    Yikes that sounds oppressive af. And I thought modern skill check builds were nasty lol. Ty for explaining!

  • @TheClownIsKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1834830#Comment_1834830

    It definitely adds the extra 6% regression if they fail the skill check (16%)

    How about skill check sound notification?

  • Use Haunted Grounds or ToTH instead of Undying because Lullaby will lose its stacks on respawn

  • The sad part is that I'm pretty sure Overcharge is bugged and only causes 5% regression not the 15% that you would assume

  • @RepostRiposte said:

    Use Haunted Grounds or ToTH instead of Undying because Lullaby will lose its stacks on respawn

    That’s the point. It means even though it loses stacks, and need to be regained, the extra 6% regression stays active, which is important for the Oppression skill checks.

  • @gatsby said:

    The sad part is that I'm pretty sure Overcharge is bugged and only causes 5% regression not the 15% that you would assume

    That sucks if you’re right because the 5% is meant to be additional regression on top of normal regression

  • I wish I had these perks to try it out :/ oh well. One day.


    As survivor I can't ever hit those lullaby checks. I'm a potato.

  • @YOURFRIEND said:

    I wish I had these perks to try it out :/ oh well. One day.

    As survivor I can't ever hit those lullaby checks. I'm a potato.

    You’re not a potato.

    There’s just a lot of inflated egos on these forums and other social media, that can simply cope better with HL than others, but embellish that they can hit every HL skill check perfectly, and want to make other players believe its dead easy, and everybody else finds it dead easy, and make those that find HL hard feel like they’re the only one finding HL hard to deal with.

    So no. You’re not a potato.

  • Seems like a decent build but no BBQ means no good for me. I don't work for half wages.