What was the reason for adding the Blueprint offerings?

I don't get it, these offerings don't do anything useful and just clutter the bloodweb, if I get these offerings in my bloodweb I always ask myself what could have I got if these weren't a thing.

I hope that with the Descend Beyond chapter revisition in the next mid-chapter they will be looked at aswell...

Comments

  • Yea... Clogging the bloodweb seems to be what it is

    Cause we asked for less

  • I like them. Helps me avoid the basement as a survivor.

  • I hate these things because the only time I ever see them being is used is when a survivor is bringing in a key, which removes one thing survivors need to do (finding the hatch) before they can use it.

  • Their real only point is to promote using keys and basement builds, so they ain't even healthy as they promote some of the more unhealthy things in the game.

    I would have to agree that they're just added for BW clutter.

  • They just wanted to add new Offerings since a long time. And they are thematically fitting for the Chapter, since Felix is/was an architect.

    But, those should be disabled immediatly, because they are just useless Bloodweb-Junk which people dont really want. The Hatch Offerings have some use, but only because of Keys. Since we dont know what will happen to Keys, it could be possible that those become useless. If not, they should also be removed, since Keys should not be an easier escape by knowing where the Hatch is.

    The Basement Offerings should be Basekit for the Killer so that they know where the Basement is. This is enough for all strategic purposes. It does not really matter to the Survivor where the Basement is and if the Killer sees the Basement Hooks for 20 seconds at the start of the game, he has this information and thats it.

    So yeah, this stuff should be removed. Just some other useless Offerings.

  • I thought it has to do with the introduction of Felix's character; the blue-print offerings are supposed to be connected to him being an architect.

  • I don't mind the basement hooks offering. That makes enough sense to me as a surv or killer to want to know from the start where the basement is. But the hatch offering needs to go. It's been abused from the start by survivors. It takes what amounts to a participation award in the form of an escape from RNG to full on skill free escape in those situations.

  • More useless stuff in the Bloodweb.

  • Yeah the high stakes hatch hunt in the endgame is really nullified by them. I don't get it either.

    Maybe If you are looking at some kind of basement agitation/insidious build and want to know where everything is from the get go.

    Just more junk but at least its only 3k brown junk.

  • @The_C12H15NO2 said:

    I don't mind the basement hooks offering. That makes enough sense to me as a surv or killer to want to know from the start where the basement is. But the hatch offering needs to go. It's been abused from the start by survivors. It takes what amounts to a participation award in the form of an escape from RNG to full on skill free escape in those situations.

    The offering works both ways. It is just as much of a handicap for the survivors if the killer knows where the hatch is going to spawn. It gives him a heads up to plan accordingly.

  • The blueprints are really useful actually if you have a key.

    If you are playing killer I understand if they feel useless.

  • I didn't consider keys to be OP outside of a SWF until those blueprint offerings were added.

    I think it'd be good if they were removed altogether or put on killer only.

  • The offerings were my only complaint about the Blight DLC.

    • Hatch offerings: Combine with a key for ggez
    • Basement offerings: Promotes basement builds (camping)
    • Sacrificial Ward: Blocks a map offering but you have 0 way to tell if one will be used (gambling basically)

    All of these have a chance of doing absolutely nothing. For example, you use an offering to spawn the hatch at the Killer Shack, but you get Haddonfield which has no Killer shack. Your offering did literally nothing. Just bad design across the board.