Have flashlights been changed?

Does anyone know if flashlight saves have been changed? Lately I've seen a killer get stunned from off to the side. It's even happened to me. I was looking at a wall while picking up a survivor and someone shone their light on the side of my head and got the save.

Comments

  • Ya you can blind from the side now apparently, found that out the hard way when 4 swf's swarmed me with flashlights and unbreakable. Super fun.

  • @Chaotyx said:

    Ya you can blind from the side now apparently, found that out the hard way when 4 swf's swarmed me with flashlights and unbreakable. Super fun.

    That's what it seemed like to me too. I wonder if it's just a bug with the current patch or a permanent change? Would be an awful change if that is the case.

  • I have no idea what they did to flashlights. They feel awful now and make a really odd noise when you're blinding the killer.

  • @Chaotyx said:

    Ya you can blind from the side now apparently, found that out the hard way when 4 swf's swarmed me with flashlights and unbreakable. Super fun.

    You can't unless the killer has Shadowborn or M&A since they increase the FOV of the killer.

  • @SunderMun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831299#Comment_1831299

    You can't unless the killer has Shadowborn or M&A since they increase the FOV of the killer.

    It's definitely happened to me without running those perks.

  • I just played a match where someone tried to blind from the side, it didn't work. It's not something consistent. Must be some weird bug or maybe crazy latency code.

  • @Eleghost said:

    I have no idea what they did to flashlights. They feel awful now and make a really odd noise when you're blinding the killer.

    I honestly don't mind it, it takes a couple tries to get used to but it's tolerable now they've fixed a lot of the bugs and the accuracy issues, plus the noise isn't that bad and it kinda helps (especially as killer). I just wish they'd Re-introduce the beam expanding upon a successful blind (and the ######### confetti for the 4th year #########).