Controversial opinion: Clown is really good, you are just playing him wrong.

Clown is probably one of the best killers in the game. Discuss.

Edit: Fine. Ill give reasoning.

I think he is one of the best killers in the game because of a few reasons.

1. His anti loop is severely underestimated. If you are good with him, you can get a hit at every loop. I do this effectively by paring ether volume 15% and flask of bleach.

2. People underestimate him altogether, giving you an easier time as people aren't trying as hard.

3. His mind games are great, as you can fake someone out by throwing a bottle at a window or pallet, then cut them off when they run away.

Comments

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Clown is probably one of the best killers in the game. Discuss.

    Clown can do quite well with the right addons but his basekit is sorely lacking. Reload times are a significant enough hinderance to put him below a mid tier killer. I personally run VHS pr0n and solvent jug to 4ks most of the time. I don't feel he needs a large rework, I really don't want them messing with his good addons, just a few and buff his base kit.

    Tattoo's middle finger needs buffed or deranked in rarity to very rare/rare.

    Cheap gin to rare

    cigar box to moderate effects

    sulfuric acid vial should have mangled timer changed to until fully healed

    kerosene can to 120 seconds

    The rest are okay...I guess. If they speed up the reload time and movement speed then those respective addons should change to something more interesting like oblivious & incapacitated states.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214729/controversial-opinion-clown-is-really-good-you-are-just-playing-him-wrong

    Clown can do quite well with the right addons but his basekit is sorely lacking. Reload times are a significant enough hinderance to put him below a mid tier killer. I personally run VHS pr0n and solvent jug to 4ks most of the time. I don't feel he needs a large rework, I really don't want them messing with his good addons, just a few and buff his base kit.

    Tattoo's middle finger needs buffed or deranked in rarity to very rare/rare.

    Cheap gin to rare

    cigar box to moderate effects

    sulfuric acid vial should have mangled timer changed to until fully healed

    kerosene can to 120 seconds

    The rest are okay...I guess. If they speed up the reload time and movement speed then those respective addons should change to something more interesting like oblivious & incapacitated states.

    I don't think they should increase reloading time or movement speed. Why? Because then you will get clowns you just spam bottles everywhere and aren't punished. Clown is about strategic placement and throws of his bottles not abou thaving as many bottles and as much slowdown as you can and chucking them straight at survivors.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Clown is probably one of the best killers in the game. Discuss.

    At point 1 you allready proved yourself wrong imo.

    "if your good with him"

    That goes for every single killer, if you're good with a certain killer you do get a hit at every loop.

    If you're bad with a killer you don't.

    You have people who like clown and spend time to get better with him and really play good.

    I play a lot of wraith and am pretty good with him if I say so myself.

    Does that make him a strong killer?

    Meh not really

    Do others play him wrong?

    Meh some might but not every one.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/214729/controversial-opinion-clown-is-really-good-you-are-just-playing-him-wrong

    At point 1 you allready proved yourself wrong imo.

    "if your good with him"

    That goes for every single killer, if you're good with a certain killer you do get a hit at every loop.

    If you're bad with a killer you don't.

    You have people who like clown and spend time to get better with him and really play good.

    I play a lot of wraith and am pretty good with him if I say so myself.

    Does that make him a strong killer?

    Meh not really

    Do others play him wrong?

    Meh some might but not every one.

    I didnt prove myself wrong.

    Clown is the one of the hardest killers to master, that doesn't make him bad.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    You created this thread way too early. Should have waited for his upcoming rework.

    Maybe he will become the strongest 1v1-M1-chase focused killer? Who knows. I'm excited for the midchapter anyways.

    Hope the rework will make him more enjoyable for both sides. Right now, Clown is the definition of a spamfest. He and Freddy.

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830222#Comment_1830222

    I didnt prove myself wrong.

    Clown is the one of the hardest killers to master, that doesn't make him bad.

    Nah I don't agree with you he's the hardest killer to master.

    I will still stay nurse will be the hardest killer to learn.

    He's not as weak as people think, but he sure as hell isn't strong.

    And like I said, any person who is good with a certain killer will dominate

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    Clown is probably one of the best killers in the game. Discuss.

    I think when the community says clown is bad is more related to his lack of map control/mobility other than his chase potential.

    Compare him to PH, both are same speed and very good in chases as they can finish the job quickly. PH control areas with goo, discouraging routes survivors will take, and also choose between hooking or sending someone to the other side of the map. So he can redirect the rescue to areas of his interest and move at least half of the team in that direction.

    What does clown's power grant in that aspect? he can throw a flask and leave the area hoping he will hear someone screams before the clouds fade away in a few seconds.

  • I enjoy playing clown but have trouble 4k against solid organized teams. I can down quick but feel map pressure lacks. Maybe I need to pick better times to slug or maybe my loadout is not right. I do best with ether and bleach but I enjoy using Tattoo's finger to me it's like having I'm all ears built in.

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830650#Comment_1830650

    Nah I don't agree with you he's the hardest killer to master.

    I will still stay nurse will be the hardest killer to learn.

    He's not as weak as people think, but he sure as hell isn't strong.

    And like I said, any person who is good with a certain killer will dominate

    I forgot about nurse. Looking back, she is the hardest killer.

    However, I do think that if a group of people (including me) are good with clown, than that means he does have potential.

    In my OP, I said you are playing him wrong. That was not meant as an insult, it was just worded poorly.

  • The devs also shared this controversial opinion....before committing to a Clown rework >_>

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830168#Comment_1830168

    I don't think they should increase reloading time or movement speed. Why? Because then you will get clowns you just spam bottles everywhere and aren't punished. Clown is about strategic placement and throws of his bottles not abou thaving as many bottles and as much slowdown as you can and chucking them straight at survivors.

    What buffs would you like to see?

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830671#Comment_1830671

    I forgot about nurse. Looking back, she is the hardest killer.

    However, I do think that if a group of people (including me) are good with clown, than that means he does have potential.

    In my OP, I said you are playing him wrong. That was not meant as an insult, it was just worded poorly.

    No offence taken here.

    The thing is, ever person who is good with a certain killer will seems like a very strong killer.

    With wraith I'm very good if I say so my self.

    Even against a 4 man swf on comms I can dominate, but the fact is that he isn't really that strong and very add on depanding.

    In a way so is clown, he only has 4 bottles and you really need to get as much damage done before you run out (unless a survivor isn't playing smart)

    That is why i also use the bleach and ether combo.

    Either that or I use the one that has a wider area and exhaust add ons.

    Especially those are imo very good since almost every one is using exhaustion perks, and getting rid of those gives a bigger advantage.

    No more dead hard, sprint burst, lithe, etc.

  • Gen defense buffs. Some sort of bottles or power which allows him to defend gens better, not antiloop buffs.

  • @Withered8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831183#Comment_1831183

    Gen defense buffs. Some sort of bottles or power which allows him to defend gens better, not antiloop buffs.

    Like if you throw a bottle it causes gen regression? I think thats a decent idea too, but would be concerned that it wouldn't provide very much and the trade off of not being able to use gen regressive perks might actually make him worse.

  • @Mozzie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1831297#Comment_1831297

    Like if you throw a bottle it causes gen regression? I think thats a decent idea too, but would be concerned that it wouldn't provide very much and the trade off of not being able to use gen regressive perks might actually make him worse.

    Something like that, I was thinking more like he can shoot a different type of bottle which lasts for much longer say 45-60 seconds which doesn't provide slowdown or visibility restrictions but gives away survivors location, just as an example, maybe a bottle which could do somethign to gens too.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1829898#Comment_1829898

    If you don't understand what the Clown throwing a bottle has to do with cards, then maybe you are not cut out for the cutthroat world of competitive Tetris. ;)

    Luckily i dont play tetris then

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1830222#Comment_1830222

    I didnt prove myself wrong.

    Clown is the one of the hardest killers to master, that doesn't make him bad.

    I just wanted to chime in and say that I was a Clown main for quite a while, and from my end he was one of the easiest killers to learn and master. In fact one of the reasons I don't play him as much anymore is that I feel his skill ceiling is too low, and his power is too straight forward and boring to use. I guess I got spoiled with some of the later killers that have been released that have way more to their kit unlike the earlier killers, and that for me is way more interesting.

    I do still like Clown, and he can be good in the right hands. This is true for every killer though. I find the average survivor isn't very difficult to beat, as long as they're solos that is.

  • Too bad because that's the secret to getting good at Clown.

1 2 ›