Demogorgon Rework?
Ever since release, I've always thought that Demogorgon is quite underwhelming - and pretty unrewarding even when playing well as it. If there was a big or small rework to Demo, what would you all want to see? Please specify?
Ever since release, I've always thought that Demogorgon is quite underwhelming - and pretty unrewarding even when playing well as it. If there was a big or small rework to Demo, what would you all want to see? Please specify?
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Demo only needs an Add On Rework and Rat Liver Basekit. Maybe also more stealth when coming out of the Portal, but thats about it. Demo is a solid Killer overall, his Kit is good.
But it is sad that his best Add On is a common one and most of the Add Ons he has are not really useful. Like, I dont even imagine if I ever did a game with an Add On higher than green and the majority of games with Demo are with yellow Add Ons at best.
Addon pass, rat liver basekit and maybe rat tail, he is pretty close to being perfectly balanced but with no tricks up his sleeve it leaves him open to not having enough variety to trip survivors up
Very fair. But that point is why I made this - I honestly thought he'd have (and still deserves) more tricks to play mindgames/pressure like he deserves to
The upside down one sounds interesting, like some special hooking mechanic similar to Pyramid Head. But I think this will be much too complex for the change that will be coming. So I would prefer to have a smaller rework which helps Demo quickly rather than having to wait another year for a Freddyish rework.
And also I think his basekit is perfect and only needs slight tweaks. I noticed that portals tend to be really weak. Needs setup time, you can't replace them therefore run out of portals and the base travel time is too slow, giving survivors a huge kickoff when you get out of a portal, making it almost useless to chase someone that just tried to seal a portal. The green travel speed addon already makes the portals much more viable, I hope they do something about the portals, they have too many drawbacks.
Regarding addons, I think they are mostly fine, except that increased stealth gives you nothing since Demo is so loud. That makes the one ultra rare totally painful rather than helpful, as it also cancels your map presence. And the aura reading one shouldn't be limited to injured survivors. Compared to other ultra rare aura reading addons, this one is super conditional and sometimes doesn't give you big value even when you see someone.
honestly the one new ability I would like to see is him being able to teleport to a portal without standing on a portal in exchange for a longer start up or longer cooldown
Some VERY good points, thank you for responding ๐
Okay, as a demo main I only have a few petitions
Demogorgon is fine. The only change I want from him is making his footsteps more quiet.